allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

bad hair day !

I am in a real foul mood today. I have a bad hair day. Each time I walked into a new hair saloon (meaning one I haven’t frequent before) I remind myself to tell the hairstylist not to cut my hair too short or not to layer it too thinly or too pointily. But these trigger happy scissor-hand stylist always end up giving me a thin layer of pointy hair. I walk around like a human icicle, except them icicle are black. I think most of us are just guinea pigs for them. And it cost me a whopping RM498 for the cut, the highlights and the hair treatment (supposedly necessary because I had just colored my hair)

I am going to have to either wait for MIL to be available to watch them kids at home OR drag 2 fretting kids into the saloon (as if the smell and chemical there is not toxic enough) and spending a good one to two hour waiting for the hairstylist to fix it up again. (meaning nothing more than to cut it more evenly to balance the geometrical errors, but in the process would necessitate a shorter cut) Rant, rant, rant and more rant. There goes my plan for getting the curls I wanted. If the saloon hadn’t had a separate room for my kids to play around in (away from the toxic chemicals, at the very least) and a large garden for them to run around in (it is a saloon in a bungalow, supposedly well known), I wouldn’t even have step in there in the first place. For all the review that I hear, I am quite disappointed. My sister was disappointed in her hairdo too.

Hope I would be in a better mood when I woke tomorrow. Yea, and perhaps my hair would miraculously grow back into its original volume while I was sleeping.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • U thought of getting curls? I assume you've grown your hair long already. Post the pix lah, maybe it's not that bad. Oh yes, expose the saloon so none of us will go therelah. Lol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:20 AM  

  • Ooo..which saloon is this? But they are all out to get your money..I mean, c'mon..halfway your wash, they tell you your hair has problems, must buy this "special" conditioner/shampoo/wondergel to fix it. How much? "Oooohhh..100ml for RM150.00. Very expensive..but very good for your hair...L'oreal wor!!!!"

    yea...right!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:48 AM  

  • hey, immomsdaughter, i tot to post a pix, but i need to work on getting this frown off my face first. ha ha. Even Kimberly asked why my brows are "like that" LOL.

    Its a saloon in PJ, Mott, but if i do have the time to go back by this week (before my bro's wedding, groan) and they do me justice, i will give them the benefit of doubt. The top is fine, the bottom is not, but okay, okay, will post a pix.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:27 AM  

  • eerrr... you spent almost RM500 for a hair do??? Quite exorbitant wor... cut by which Pro stylist??? A Cut Beyond??? hehhee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:27 AM  

  • Okay, i am definitely not happy with them. So i am disclosing their name. It's Chezz at Jalan Gasing. When i went back, the hairstylist, Karen, says she cant do much with them that would make it look better.She said she had it cut ready for a perm(???? )does that mean she leave me to walk around like this till i am minded to have my perm? They iron it for the day to make it look a tad better and tried to charge me for it but i objected to the payment.

    Angeleyes, i tot about RM400 is average for a hairdo including highlights (not just colouring) and cut? If there is a better more viable hairstylist, i like to know too for future patronage.

    okay, photo still not forthcoming. Will get on with it soon as i get my digital back from my sis.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:00 PM  

  • Hahaha! Been there, done that! I'm still suffering from the aftermath of my bad haircut which I had a few month ago. Still traumatised by the whole incident and am refusing to go and fix it. Since I'm on this new weight loss thingy, I've resolved to reward myself with a good haircut if I manage to shed those pounds within my targeted time frame. Till today, I am still sending out bad vibes and curses to that particular hairdresser. LOL.

    By Blogger LindaMunshi, At 12:24 AM  

  • Hey, Linda, ha ha. There is now 2 in the club ! i remember reading about your hair experience in your blog

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:17 AM  

  • wow...looks like the saloon is ready to get ta pau! So lousy yet so expensive, i wonder how did they get famous ( but i never heard of it before, sorry )?? btw, Christene, really looking forward to look at your hairstyle now la, when can i see it? hehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:28 PM  

  • My sis said it is quite famous. now i have reservations about her "quite famous". i mean, its not like its "A cut above" or anything like dat, but eve, you can get to see my hair when you buy me dat lunch you owe me.(hint, hint, hint)still havent got my digital back from my sis, lar. all busy with bro's wedding prep.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket