allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Attractions of fastfood, and its not the menu !

With most of us now into healthy lifestyle, fast-food stores probably need to compete with each other to get a steady flow customers.

I have not been minded to buy fast food for my kids for quite some time now. I get a good feeling out of saving on things which are not on top of my priority lists. But the advertisements on the billboards menu thingy at the entrance of the drive-ins attract my 6 going into 7 year old kid when her daddy drove by for HIS burgers.

How do I tell my DH not to tempt her and starve himself a little longer, and drive around a little further down the road, park his car, and go get some noodles at the nearest kopitiam instead?

Last month at Mc Donald, she was clamouring for the 12 Dancing Princesses and the Polly Dollies. These are some of the Mc. D's toys.

Strawberry Shortcakes & friends
P1010117

The 12 dancing princesses
P1010078

At Burger King, it was the Polly Dolly’s accessories last month and this month, the Groovy Chic dollies.

I find myself going past the drive in every alternate Tuesday or Thursday after Kimberly’s Enopi or Ballet classes to get her fast-food for dinner so we could get her the “cool” toys (her expression of them), instead of driving straight home and cook.

It doesn’t help that Kimberly’s favorite hobby is collecting dolls. She also collects bracelets, tea sets, music boxes and hair accessories and I swear she also collect shoes. But her all time favorite collection has to be her collection of dolls.

She has collections of My Little Pony, Barbie, Kelly (Barbie’s little sister, no less) Polly Dollies, Winx, together with their accessories.

These are some of her collection

Barbies
P1010104

Winx
P1010095

Polly Dolly
P1010114

Kelly
P1010102

My Little Pony
P1010103

She also collects bags of these characters and rotates using them every now and then.

Her favourite fairy bags
P1010106

Sometimes I wondered whether I was giving in to Kimberly’s whims or giving in my lazy ways, evading cooking dinner for the family.

Fortunately, the toys rotate only twice a month and I could keep Kimberly at bay, buying fast food only twice a month. Well, okay, 4 times a months, that average out to be once weekly, if you count Mc Donald and Burger King having “dollies kiddy meal toys” together at the same period.

Who am I to deny her, when I myself have collections of Barbie dolls and smurf and smurfettes when I was younger, to which I have kept in good condition until she was born. Unfortunately, the maid let Kimberly broke all the Barbies’ arms when Kimberly was 2 or 3 years old and couldn’t take those clothes off. The then maid made no attempt to assist her. Sigh... maids, but I won’t go into that.

Sometimes, i resolved to be more frugal and tell myself i wont be buying ANYMORE dolls for her. But whenever i see her delight, my heart melt and i gave in...once again... and tell myself, okay,just this once. Now who am i kidding?


So, anyhow, shall we parents of little girls adjourn to the nearest fast food spot? They have Madame Alexander’s at Mc D….

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • haha... I'm one who was trapped by this sales gimmick. Thursday that's it...time for McD... imagine I need to get a boy toy and a girl toy..else they fight!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:05 PM  

  • Ha ha. and i need to get two of the same girl-toy. cos Kimberly won't let Ashley "hold" hers even for a second. I just dont understand it. Tot she loves her baby sis to bits.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:48 AM  

  • Ah...i used to be like that, indulging my boys...until I saw my relo's pictures. There was a little girl there who had no toys. It broke my heart, when my mom told me that her face lit up with so much joy when she was told she was going to a fun fair.

    That makes me think twice as hard whether or not I should get that extra car. I mean, they have SOOO MANY TOYS!!!!!! *pengsanz*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:13 PM  

  • wow.. wow.. Little Kimberly so "Hang Fook".. lots of toys.. i think not play one.. for disply only ....

    dont eat so much of this fast food lah.. okay..

    enjoy viewing all the pictures (toys!!!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:38 PM  

  • i read your post about your relatives in China, Mott. I can understand why you feel the way you do. I am still indulging Kimberly ... wonder when it will hit me.

    Rachael, you have no idea. Where got display only. dress, undress, dress , undress, will it ever end? sigh. she fuss over them all the time. sigh again. have to yell at her to do her homework

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:15 PM  

  • Should try to collect BRATZ ... more stylish than Barbie .. hehehe :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:14 PM  

  • I wonder if it's all girl at this age will be doing the same thing??? My niece at 7 this year is having just the same thing like Kimberly. Fairies, Strawberry shortcake, Barbie, polly pocket....????? I should ask my sis to take really good care of them and pass to Naomi in 7 years time.... :P

    By Blogger Vivianz, At 10:56 PM  

  • Hi Misha, thanks for dropping by. Sigh... she also have collections of Bratz and My Scene dolls. Its just that she didnt take shots of those and i didnt see them in my laptop when i upload my digital. She is very fond of taking pictures of her collections with my digital.

    Yea, Vivian. Its a good idea. cost saving. ha ha. Mine was limited edition Barbie somemore and of course, Barbies are the ONLY dolls you can find anywhere 20 years ago. Hee hee. ( i am that old, yes) But Kimberly's dollies each has wardrobe full of accessories.... shoes, change of clothes , hats, cars, furnitures that goes with each and every different type of doll, you could faint.... so yes, your niece's collection, esp the accessories will be a godsend

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:18 PM  

  • Oh...so cute...I think I must be prepare to have this soon! my DD is going to be 5 this year. And her collection of Barbie is growing (FAST)hmm...I don't really like barbie. But people just love to give a lil girl barbie. It's just an easy gift to lil girl. Who doesn't love barbie? She got 12 so far. SIGH and I just bought her ONE . The rest are present! Mostly from her grandmom in Italy (made in China of course haha)
    Just wasting the shipping post from Italy, but how can I say NO, DON'T SEND BARBIE to my MIL?

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:00 AM  

  • wow that's a whole lot of collecting done here...ya we have lots of those in the house too...see how efficient cook i am lah!

    By Blogger mommy of 3 angels, At 1:13 PM  

  • Yea, Sandra. You just can't tell your MIL she cant love her little granddaughter. LOL

    Hey, Mommy of two angels, we should set up a club. ha ha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket