allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My very first scrapbook!

I have not been blogging lately.

Mostly because my 10 year old has deemed herself too matured to bring kawaii bento to school, so she has mostly been bringing speed bento. As for my 4 1/2 yr old, her new kindergarten seems to discourage her from it. I am half minded to speak to her teacher about it but that on top of all other issues in her new kindergarten, I decide to just let it go and will pull her out of that kindergarten when the year end instead.

I still bento on a regular basis cos it seems such a waste not to. What with all those tools in my kitchen.

Mostly I bento when we go for long car rides, when we go for outings at waterparks or the bird park, the zoo. Or just simply because there isn't time to buy food, and the kids need to eat in the car on the run from this class to the other. And we are talking about running to and fro 2 kids different daily schedules. Since I have mostly been doing speed bento, there doesn’t seem much to share.

However, as with when you found something interesting, you feel the urge to share. And this actually spurs me into blogging again !

I attended a scrapbook workshop 2 weeks back. Valerie, the owner of the scrapbook store, Scrap-N-Crop , taught us how to make this gypsy album !




It was my very first scrapbooking experience and I am so enthralled with what scrapbooking is all about!! I mean, I have read about it, goggled up on it, admired albums made by my colleagues back in year 2000, but I have never the urge to do more than admire.

After attending this workshop, I have totally gone crazy! Ha-ha! Bought my pink cuttlebug, my pink dreamkutz and pre-ordered a pink zutter. They even sell cute pink pliers to cut wires. That’s how you can tell the spouse’s pliers from the missus.*grin*

And this is what we came up with at the workshop! Isn’t scrapbooking just so amazing?



I don't know if I may be able to spend much time with this new interest, since it may take up a considerable lenght of one's free time. If you compare, a speed bento took all of a 15 minutes. Haha!















I mean, in working on another new scrapbook notebook for Kimberly, it took me quite a while just to trim, adhere and stamp those itsy bitsy bits. My amateur fingers need some adjusting to the skills of trimming and adhering. So far, I probably could just do a page or two in whatever free time I have at any one time.

And being a newbie, I have yet so much to learn, distressing, sanding, inking, not to mention different techniques, materials and so on and so forth. And when I said newbie, I meant that I am so new I am raw *grin*

Be that as it may, I have found scrapbooking intriguing. And will probably be on this for awhile. Just hope that I will have more to share in the future. To all fellow bentoers, have a great bento-ing week ahead! And to all scrapbookers, Happy scrapbooking !

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

18 Comments:

  • Welcome back to the blogsphere!

    Valerie from Scrap & Crop? She was my classmate! :P

    Looks like all of us have all the interesting hobbies eh? I am going into something else too beside bento... :P

    By Anonymous Angeleyes, At 11:13 AM  

  • Yes! Yes! Valerie from scrap n crop! Talk about a small world, Alice!! haha!

    It's time to start bloghopping again. BTW, Alice, can teach me how to link store to her name? I forgot techny and template stuff like that already. Been dormant for so long *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:17 AM  

  • cool...if u need anything..scrapbook stuff here are really quite cheap!

    for the link, i think u can go into your dashboard, click on "design", and select, "Add a gadget" and "Link List" and insert her URL in there.

    By Anonymous mott, At 12:06 PM  

  • hahhaa...just reminded me about scrapbooking...i have bot some stuff as well but haven't even selected the photos to develop so technically i hvt started..and sad to say my bento also not happening & my tools r just collecting dust...

    By Blogger laundryamah, At 1:07 PM  

  • Wow, thanks Mott! When are you due home? *grin*
    hey I don't recall seeing any "design", "add link" cos I think my blog template is different. Will tinker around it again tonight when free. HOpe I don't tweak anything in the process. Haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:29 PM  

  • Amah, I was like you before. I bought those complete scrapbook kits and I thought just slotting in the photos into the already allocated slots and sticking the allocated embellishment on the already designed pages is all there is. After attending the workshop, I think I would now enjoy made from scratch scrapbooking more cos it has textures and textures are more pleasant to the eyes. It’s also fun creating texture with their inking, embossing, distressing techniques. Come join scrapbooking fun, I am feeling so lonely here cos tak kenal siapa siapa lagi, masih mentah *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:30 PM  

  • I see you hv jumped onto the scrap booking bandwagon!
    Fun, yeah? Especially when you see the final result...very different from digitally done ones with all the 3d effects and textures!

    By Blogger NomadicMom, At 7:34 PM  

  • Nomadic! yes, exactly!! the 3D and textures was what made me fall in love with it! I am quite pokkai now buying all those tools that I simply MUST have! Scrapbooking is so intriguing!! I still have so much to learn, what are rub ons, grungeboards, I could go on and on.*grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:25 PM  

  • You are very good in this...

    By Blogger cre8tone, At 4:57 PM  

  • Thanks for your kind words, Prince n princess mum, but the credit has to go to Valeri for teaching us her neat techniques!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:45 PM  

  • Hi :-) Thanks for visiting my blog. So glad you enjoyed the class and wow - look at the mini album you made at Val's class. It looks great.
    Happy scrapping :-)
    Hugs
    Rachel

    By Blogger Wishful Thinking, At 11:49 AM  

  • Hi Christine..... nice to see you back again. I miss all those bento posts!!!

    Wah, didn't know there is actually a scrapbooking workshop! Agree that the end result looks amazing.

    By Blogger Adrine, At 11:53 PM  

  • Thanks, RAchel! I am so glad I stumbled into the world of scrapbooking. *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:34 AM  

  • hey, Adrine! haha. I don't do much kawaii bento, even all along. With everyone doing them now, there doesn't seem much to share anymore.
    heck, yea, I also didn't know about workshops for scrapbooking until recently myself. YOu really learn so much in one single workshop cos the skills, tips and techniques in scrapbooking is so diversified and so vast. And there are new stuff that keep coming up! I think even veteran scrapbookers are still learning day by day. But the workshops gave me so much confidence that I have since moved on to create a notebook for Kimberly and a pink mini album for Ashley. Will share them soon!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:40 AM  

  • wei wei...so u hv found a new friend lar? i guess yr fingers are born to deal with itsy bitsy stuffs like these so it'll be a long way for you esp now that u have dumped yr 'old fren' call "bento"...hehe.....
    i dowan to get infected by your new virus coz i'm still passionately playing with yr old passion (i.e. CD'ing), LOL :P
    have fun :D

    By Anonymous jacss, At 10:19 AM  

  • Err....me spent a few hundred a few years ago....still waiting to ride the scrapbook bandwagon leh....cheh! Jealous betul!

    By Anonymous Mamapumpkin, At 11:42 PM  

  • Jacss..yea man, found a new companion for my leisure time. haha! some of my first passion is still with me if you don't mind pink and florals *wink*

    Mamapumpkin, come ride in the wagon lar, me need company leh!!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:03 PM  

  • Hi, sy pun dh jatuh cinta dg scrapbooking. tp tak start lg...r k mula...;)

    By Blogger Siti Asiah, At 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket