allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ashley's notebook

Hi guys! It's weekend again! Don't everyone love weekends? Nowadays I look forward to weekends as a mean to get to create something out of scrapbooking for the kids.

4 1/2 yr old Ashley didn't want to be left behind. So she asked for a notebook as well.



I made this for her, but haven't time to work on the inside pages yet.I have only added some pink coloured papers for her to draw on. She carried her notebook everywhere she goes and scribbles on them a lot. She drew, she played tic,tac, toe and she coloured on them. Besides the papers, the only other thing I added is a transparent pocket on the back cover and insert some paper dolls for her to play with. I will figure out what to add to her notebook later and share it when it's completed.


As mentioned in the earlier post, I made some fun stuff for Kimberly to play with. These are what's in the rest of Kimberly's notebook.

In the first divider, I affix a simple small tag with a brad. I figure with her being so generous, she would want to give someone something out of her notebook to make their day. My Kimberly is sweet that way.



In the 2nd divider, I add a library pocket and insert 2 tags with her name stamped in for her own use. Added a white rose, some ribbons and a pink flower on the tags.



Another tag on the 3rd divider... I didn't distress them cos she said she like them clean-looking.



I added some post-its on the last page that she can tear out to mark her homework pages with. If you turn the flap over, there is another library pocket where she can put stuffs in. I forgot to take a picture of that.



I have been asking Chinnee and Jo-N where to get A4 size sticker papers from. Chinnee asked me what I need them for. This is what I used them stickers for, Chinnee! I print her photos out and add them to her notebook for her to play with.






This is also the back cover of her notebook. I forgot to post them earlier. I added sturdy plastic covers on both front and back covers so that the notebook stays clean.



So that's the lot! Have a great Sunday ! To those who are celebrating Mid Autumn over the weekend instead of on Wednesday, have a great Mid Autumn celebration!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

13 Comments:

  • ooh...everything is sweet there!! the 2 little girls r so lucky. i hope the "scraped" books can last till they get older & remained a sweet legacy from dearest mummy!!
    rajin lar you :P

    By Anonymous jacss, At 10:19 AM  

  • can last at least 100 years, Jacss.*grin* Those are acid free papers meant for scrapbooking photo pages for photo albums. I am hoping that they keep their jots and thoughts like I do, I still keep my old journals and diaries and scribbles. Everything I used on them are acid free, the embellishments, the ribbons, the papers, chipboards etc. It cost a lot more than normal papers *sigh* but I want them to last

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:37 AM  

  • this is so beautiful. their mum is really creative. can see from this post mummy enjoyed more than the girls in making these, LOL!!! :)

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 10:50 AM  

  • Nicely done with lots of love in it! Lovely!

    By Blogger JK, At 11:25 PM  

  • soo beautiful and I admire your time...

    Well done...n nicely +neatly done...

    By Blogger chanelwong, At 5:51 PM  

  • Mummy to QiQi, you don't know how right you are *wink*

    Thanks Jo-N, had to put lots of thoughts to create different stuff on each page for her to amuse herself with, else she will say it's boring. As it is, she said AShley's notebook is boring compared to hers *grin*

    Chanel, well, for bento-ing, I starve sleep to wake up earlier to prepare a bento and on scrapbooking, I much rather spend that little half an hour each weekend on one page than to watch tv or other stuff. How you prioritise your time depends on individuals lor.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 7:26 PM  

  • This is so lovely!

    By Blogger cre8tone, At 11:46 PM  

  • ohh, you are back... miss you dearie :-) and that notebook is lovely... you sure have a talent for arts and crafts :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 11:29 PM  

  • oh gosh....that's so nice & lovely. I always wish to own 1, can make one for me too?? hahahaha........

    By Blogger Debbie Y, At 6:06 PM  

  • Thanks for your kind words, Prince and Princess mum. I love your crafts too, so innovative!!

    Sting!! yes, it's been awhile. Glad to be back *grin*

    By Anonymous allthingspurple, At 6:19 PM  

  • Nice! Nice!
    Never done notebooks before...but who to make for? My boys also not "hing" these. ;-(

    By Blogger NomadicMom, At 12:01 AM  

  • Suen Mei, maybe you can do a Tim Holtzy notebook for your boys? you know, those complete with skulls, and sprockets, compass and hardware embellishment?

    Debbie Y, come over here, we make one together *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:13 AM  

  • Suen Mei, maybe you can do a Tim Holtzy notebook for your boys? you know, those complete with skulls, and sprockets, compass and hardware embellishment?

    Debbie Y, come over here, we make one together *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket