allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A picture tag, no less !

A picture tag? Easy Peasy! I got this tag from Angeleyes and VivianZ. Thanks,guys !

A tag about whats in my bag. BagS, you mean?

Like most moms, I have only the basic necessities in my handbag. A wallet, a shopping card purse, my hand phone, my camera (but of which I don't get the chance to use much cos always seems to have my hands full with the toddler) and of course, my lipstick in its holder.

But if you glance into the content of my handbag at any given time, you probably would also see 2 toys or more, a mini board book, maybe a box of baby cereal for Ashley (for convenience sake like when we are not having meals and couldn’t wait for her to chew on her food).

I would probably also have some snacks like a mini box of raisins and/or a small pack of Ritz crackers and/or a tub of peeled and halved grapes, organic cherry tomatoes and cheese cubes. I am so paranoid about my kids starving.

P1010123

P1010121


My baby bag is another essential. It’s a freebie baby bag from Modern Mum (for buying so many maternity clothes from them when I was pregger)

It’s a pretty small backpack , 10 inches in width and 12 inches in length and tapered, which makes it even less space friendly, but its enough for Ashley’s little things. I never leave home without it. It carries the following, a list of which I printed out in Malay for every new maid in my household.

1. 2 cans/trays or more baby food (sometimes I am out whole day without stopping for a proper meal) and her food takes up the most portion of the baby bag, 1 pink tub for feeding, with cover, 1 spoon with cover, 2 bibs, 2 small hankies to wet and wipe her down with.

2. 2 diapers, 1 mini pack wet wipes, 2 -3 mini packs tissues, drapolene, a long sleeve ankle length one-sie for a change of clothes for Ashley,

3. one folding changing mat (which came along with the baby bag) and one lampin to spread on top of the mat in cold baby rooms

4. Ashley’s little sweater, socks and shoes


P1010099


This is because we always need to go out impromptu or in a hurry. The toddler would be literally be plucked off the bed and carried into the car in her sleepingsuit. More often than not, Ashley would be changed into her clothes in the car to save time. That’s why we need everything handy in the baby bag.

My MIL find it so useful because she just cant stand the maid taking her own sweet time packing the baby bag taking up 45 minutes (I couldn’t either). On top of it, having always left 4 or more essential items out like Ashley’s shoes or diapers or wet wipes.

I made the maid pack the baby bag every morning using the checklist I paste on her wall, cos we practically need to leave the house every day. Sending Kimberly to and fro her classes, buying grocery and shopping and you wouldn’t want to be caught with the baby in poo while out in the street with no diapers or no change of clothes.

Like VivianZ, we don’t carry thermos, milk powder, baby bottle and cool water because Ashley is still a breastfed baby. That’s a huge chunk of space and a heap of weight off our shoulders.

Huh??? We can only tag one? But since Angeleyes posts has 8 tags, so I am going to be greedy and tag 8 !

Okay, this tag goes to

1. the suzette
2. Sandra of Mia Bambina
3. mumsgather
4. Nicole
5. Shooi
6. Godslittleangel
7. motts
8. shoppingmom

Enjoy, dearies !!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

12 Comments:

  • haha.. thanks for the tag. I have been waiting for this to come. U got see whats in my bag!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:58 PM  

  • phowwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

    u've got a very yummy bag la....

    I wish I was your kid. I'm sure my kids wished they were your kids!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:52 PM  

  • Hey, Have you thought about investing in a handbag holder (purse hook) for when you are out and about with your bags! They will hold both your handbag and baby bag! I love mine,it's from http://www.inmyhandbag.com especially if I have to juggle in a changing room! It's a clever little gadget that sits on a flat surface and has a hook below which holds your bag. It's based on gravity so the heavier your bag the better! http://www.inmyhandbag.com have a great range, some of them are vintage originals! They ship world wide and mine came wrapped up like a birthday present! It really is a lifesaver for mum's (mom's)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:01 PM  

  • Thanks for the compliment, Biby. I checked out your blog too. Its really cool. Though a lot of the movies you mentioned were not shown in Malaysia.

    will be watching out for your post,Nicole. Bet you got lots of cool stuff

    Mott, your kids wouldnt wish to be my kids. They wouldnt have half the fun they have with you!

    Thanks for the reference, Mummy Moo, and thanks for dropping by. Will check out the site soon as i can. Although i normally place the baby bag in the stroller basket or the maid carries it, but it would be good to know there is such a gadget around

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:47 PM  

  • whoa in KL sure got more baby foods choice than here . Never see the heinz casserole before. Yum make me want some too. Speaking of bags. I want to bring in some diaper/working bags for moms. You kno w the kind of diaper bags with trendy design.
    .but the most important must have reasonable price too......?

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:36 PM  

  • My! My! You have 'some' bags there! So many goodies siah!
    Where are those baby food from? I don't think I've seen them on the aisle around the supermarkets here...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:46 AM  

  • Hi, Angeleyes and Sandra, those from UK and Aust.. When Kimberly was a baby, I bought a carton of assortment back to Malaysia, and my sisters brought back whenever they come back for holiday. For Ashley, last year my siblings each brought back a carton of assortments back when they came back for CNY for Ashley and some more when they came back for my brother’s wedding a few months ago.

    I don’t know why jar and canned baby food with protein (fish, chicken, steaks, p***, etc) are not sold in Malaysia. But babies need up to 10mg of iron from 6 months old onward and I am out a lot, plus, every other weekend, we take a 3 ½ hour car ride back to my FIL (and another 3 ½ hour back again on Sunday) so these are essentials, esp where the toll stop’s and kopitiam’s food are dubious for little ones and homefood tend to go bad quickly in this weather in the car.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:30 AM  

  • yeah... got lots of babyfood you have there...

    by the way, another tag!

    By Blogger Vivianz, At 7:54 PM  

  • sigh....told ya about my paranoia over hungry kids fretting in the car and unhygenic food.

    hey, thanks for the tag !

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:28 PM  

  • wah this tag been passed over and over and over again for a long long time eh?

    By Blogger Sasha Tan, At 9:09 AM  

  • Thanks for the tag, but I did this long long time ago. :)

    By Blogger shoppingmum, At 1:41 PM  

  • hi, Sasha, thanks for dropping by. you have a cool blog. hope you win the nomination for the coolest mum.

    "A long, long time", Sasha and shoppingmum? ? Its probably circulating before I even became a blogger. LOL

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket