allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, November 12, 2010

a Shabby Chic book




My next project after Kimberly's notebook was another notebook out of scrapbooking materials for my "baby" sister, Cecilia. She is bubbly, funny and compassionate and is truly a beautiful person inside out. I made a shabby chic one for her.

She loves shopping and travels a lot.

So, shoes and handbags for her..





..with postcard and stamps....




She can adhere photos or notes of importance on top of the pages.

I thought it's also a good idea to provide lots of pockets, slits and folds that she can stuffs receipts and stubs into.

So I attached a paper clip on top of this page....




and made a pocket here...



and here ....




I made some bookmarks for her to mark pages with.

This one above has a postcard bookmark in the pocket.

This one below is another pocket made out of tags. I slot another bookmark with tassels and a distressed look inside the tag.





Made another fun tag for her out of left over scrap papers.




More pages for her to stuff any ephemera that she may want to keep. I add an elastic band on this page for slotting tickets or stubs.



This is the back of the same page.



This page was supposed to have an envelope with a closure which she can keep things safely. But I thought this looks prettier without the envelope hiding the pretty shoes, so I left it blank.



Lastly, I added several pages of kraft papers for her to scrawl on.

I finished this yesterday at 3 a.m and had ink stains all over my fingers. I hope she likes this when she receives it.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • WOW what an awesome little mini album. I am sure your sister will love it! So much detail. I grinned at you staying up till 3am to finish it hehehe ... I have done that before too! :-)

    By Blogger Wishful Thinking, At 7:14 PM  

  • wow.. amazing album.. I love the way you have thought out every page, and how she might be able to use them :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:33 PM  

  • FABULOUS posting on your vintage mini album! Each page is crafted with love and crativity! I'm so glad that you enjoy looking at my blog! Thanks for stopping by today! I plan to do a card and cookie inspiration theme every Wednesday---coming soon! Hope you visit again! hugs!

    By Blogger Virginia L., At 11:20 AM  

  • so sweet n thoughtful of u!!! its lovely!

    By Anonymous wen, At 10:06 PM  

  • Hi Allthings purple, really nice of you to remember after a long time...thank you.
    I have no link and thus was unable to visit....your girls have really grown, and mummy making them into proper little young ladies, ha ha.
    Love the handicrafts here.

    And your girls learning to shop, huh? Shoes piling up too, I bet.
    Anyway, have fun, little girls grow up fast.
    You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart, best regards, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 4:21 AM  

  • Nice one..

    By Blogger cre8tone, At 6:02 PM  

  • Such a great album !

    By Blogger Sandy Ang, At 10:25 PM  

  • Found yourself another new hobby, eh? You really are a creative mommy. Love the album....so pweeeetyyyyy!

    By Blogger IMMomsDaughter, At 9:36 AM  

  • nice nice.. i see my ribbon in one of the creations

    By Blogger Sasha Tan, At 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket