allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Sunday, December 05, 2010

My very first layout

I thought I would make an attempt to do a layout after a bout of making nothing but tags and notebooks and mini albums. I had not attempted one before because of thought of filling out a 12 inch by 12 inch empty space to make it aesthetically easy on the eyes seems so intimidating!!

I had prepared myself for a mind block and a 2 hour task. Suprisingly, it wasn't that daunting after all. I was pleased that for a first attempt, this took me less than an hour, about half an hour perhaps? Once I got going, things just seems to flow.




This is Ashley on her kindergarten concert doing a Korean dance in her Korean costume.

I love how she obediently cast her eyes down demurely the whole entire performance (almost) just because their teacher instructed them to. I had thought that this was so adorable.




And I just love the rolling camera, the "Take one, cut" board, the negatives and the film strips. I cut the rolling camera, the negatives strips and the take out board out from another patterned paper and paste them on here. And doesn't those reading scripts just tickles you to bits?






Her original stage has flowers and picket fences in front. So I cut out a fence with Tim Holtz's "on the fence" die. If the paper looks familiar to you, it's the paper backing that comes with the packaging on which the prima flowers are glued on.

Since I cut off the flowers on her stage from her photo in order to fit the page, I added back some flowers and floral elements wherever I could to enhance her stage. The glitters from the ribbons gives an illusion of glamour on the stage.

On another note, my darling 9 going to ten Kimberly made this birthday card for me with the help of Teacher Jessy. Isn't she adorable?





She told Teacher Jessy that it was my birthday ( a few days back) and she wanted to make a card for me. Wasn't that sweet of Jessy to help her?

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

20 Comments:

  • You did great! Love all the little details on your LO.
    And love the card your daughter made you! Sweet.
    Happy Belated Birthday to you too :-)

    By Blogger Wishful Thinking, At 3:01 PM  

  • Thanks, Rachel!! It was wonderful of Jessy to help her. And thanks for your kind words. For some reasons, layouts are so intimidating for me. *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:16 PM  

  • Lovely LO. What a gorgeous debut!
    Love the card your daughter made too :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:22 PM  

  • Thanks, Annie. It is an encouraging start. There is still so many things I wanted to do..december daily, Tim's 12 tags.. just wish I have more time on my hand!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:36 PM  

  • Wow! you r great! Looks awesome!

    By Blogger cre8tone, At 6:38 PM  

  • Hey..finally i found ur blog through ur profile! I accidently deleted the email that u sent earlier. Sorry doll..i'm terrible! Did u leave early today? My session ended quite late as there's a few late comers and it seems mine was the hardest to complete! lol.

    I wanted to pass u the atc that u requested, u know the one in 'red' but i tell u what, i'll leave it at papier the next time i drop by n i'll ask them to pass it to u whenever u pop in. How's that? hehehe.

    Hey ur doing great with the lo so far. Remember the rules is no right or wrong! It's just art n it's ur's! Trust me u'll be comfortable in no time. Practice makes perfect, soon u'll discover ur own style. For the mean time..keep on exploring and have a blast along the way...:))

    By Blogger Amelia Khalik, At 2:04 AM  

  • hey...and Ashley's chubby cheek add on to her cuteness, haha
    happy belated birthday to u dear!!

    By Anonymous jacss, At 3:05 PM  

  • very nice scrap of Ashley! and very sweet of her to make u a bday card!

    By Anonymous wen, At 5:14 PM  

  • Wow..Nice. Just dropping by to wish you a very happy new year.

    By Blogger Daddy, At 5:42 PM  

  • Good take Christine. I can see your LO, you apply mostly Emeline's class techniques. Very nice LO and many details :D. Lovely card that your daughter make for you. I know you have not much time online, but do drop by at www.cherishingpreciousmemories.blogspot.com to play along the Sketch and Weekly challenge. Maybe it will help you to master up your layout.

    Catch up again!

    By Blogger Jaime Lee, At 12:27 AM  

  • She looks so darling in costume and how clever to shine the spotlight on her in your LO!

    By Blogger Sandy Ang, At 2:25 AM  

  • I can't help falling in love with the drawing of the happy-girl-with-hearts-all-around-her picture. *smile* And my dear, Ashley is so lovely in the costume.

    By Anonymous Angeline, At 6:30 PM  

  • I am glad that you liked the card and K was very thoughtful bout making one for you!! Love her thoughtfulness and glad mummy liked it :) Nice blog you have here!

    By Blogger Jessy Christopher, At 12:53 AM  

  • thanks, Wen. Incidentally, it was Kimberly who made the card, not Ashley.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:58 AM  

  • hi, Amelia, still owe u an ATC for the swap . heehee...okay, sifu, will bear your advise in mind

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:59 AM  

  • hi, Daddy and Prince and Princess mom, thanks!! And Gong Hei Fatt Choy !!! HOpe this year is even better than last year for all of us !

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:00 AM  

  • HI, Jamie, thanks. I also apply some from other DTs' from WP that I learned from googling recently. It's such a blessing that there are so many DT around who are willing to share!

    Thanks, Angeline. The sweet soul that you are, you always have a kind word for everyone!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:06 AM  

  • Jessy, I placed the card in my December Daily for memories. I love it that she thought of a way not to spend money in getting me a gift, since I have impose a "no money spend on gifts for me and daddy rule".

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:07 AM  

  • jacss,,heehee..yes, this is a new passion after my cloth diapering days and my bento days. I still bento lar, speed bentos only , for Kimberly for her break time. I didn't post them like before cos I don't have the extra 15 minutes in the morning anymore now that AShley goes to school at the same time as Kimberly

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:30 AM  

  • Thanks for visiting, Sandy, I love all your tutorials and I am awe of your creativity!!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket