allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, May 16, 2008

of Bento's....

I have been on a bento shopping frenzy....

From a cloth diaper addict to a bento addict !!! Can you beat that? Sigh.....

Anyhow, this is Ashley's Bento #4, yesterday's snack in school.



Photobucket


Still dont have much choice of food for bento. I still havent replenish my pantry and fridge yet. Will probably do that when we get back from FIL's house on Sunday. Even if i do stock up my pantry, i dont know if i could make my bento as pretty as LZmom and other veteran bento makers. I still have a long way to go.

Speaking of school, I cant help but repeat how glad I am that Ashley is settling down in her kindergarten. It gives me the right frame of mind to complete my work faster by half the time. Heck, I could even spare a minute to blog. Okay... 20 minutes... that or about that...

Anyhow, Bento #4 is plain white bread cut with Hello Kitty cookie cutter. That's because my 2 1/2 year old doesnt fancy any jam or any form of spread in them.

I cut about 4 slices of them. They fit snugly into this "My Melody" bento box. It was hard to slide the side dish into the bottom of the bento and I had to kind of squeeze it in. Anyhow, that's the bread for the 3 part carbo in bento. For the protein, I slide in 2 blocks of cheese cubes. Thats the one part protein.

Inside the side dish are steamed carrots, cut with Hello Kitty cookie cutter as well. The white ones are Japanese pear, sliced. Also cut with the cookie cutter. That's the 2 part vege and fruit for bento.

Photobucket

But I thought it doesnt look pleasing to the eye for lack of colour, so I added a banana to her snack.

Put them inside this banana container.

Photobucket


I bought two of them containers. One yellow and one green.

Kimberly had taken a banana in the yellow one to school. Kimberly got the yellow one because being the older kid, she always get the first choice over new purchases. Ashley always get the leftover. ha ha.

Will put up today's bento when i have a chance to upload them up at photobucket. Now to pack for the weekend over at FIL's.

Have a great weekend , all.

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

7 Comments:

  • That banana container is just TOO darn cute! Where did ya geddit?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:57 PM  

  • Look! more and more ppl getting crazy wit this 'bento' thing. I managed to order some from ebay. Looks like those nice bento accessories are availabe at ebay..ler.

    By Blogger My Lovely 'A', At 8:28 PM  

  • Hi, Joyce, i got the banana containers from ebay .

    my lovely Cheong, you blur sotong !!! The link i gave you last week is the ebay link, lah !!!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:57 PM  

  • Show la all your tools. I'm also like you from cloth diapers to bento. I shop only at Ebay, haven't try 100 yen shop, do they have many choices of accessories? I must say I have spent quite an amount on ebay on these tools

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:23 PM  

  • Hi Allthingspruple

    Thank you for your compliments :)

    You are better than me, I don't follow the rules for bento. Hehehe... And I'm sure Ashley enjoys what you have prepared for her :)

    Your girl reminded me of my girl when she was at that age. Nothing but plain bread :) Give her sometime and she will try it with the spread :)

    I am looking forward to you bento posts! Have a wonderful week ahead! :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 2:08 AM  

  • I love the banana container! *add to my to-buy list!* hehe... I too do not follow the bento rules. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:35 AM  

  • will do, Elaine. Its just that the idea of taking pic of all those tools is quite daunting.ha ha. 100yen dont have much tool kits , leh. The only thing i ever saw are bento boxes and rice mould.

    LZmummy, i try to follow the rules but it being homecook meals make it kind of hard, yea? i cheat sometimes by giving her cereal and spaghetti or pasta from Heinz Baby Can Food range.

    Blur mummy..i tellyou , the banana container is such a life saver. The kids always discard the banana if its bruised. and the container stops that. Et tu, Blur mummy... i think i will deviate from the rules every now and then too. Makes a mom's life easier. ha ha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket