allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, December 10, 2007

Itti Bitti diapers - how trim can you get?

I have found the trimmest diaper around for Ashley. You know how you get that niggling feeling when your baby's behind looks so fluffy?

Well, I have been trying out all the brands known to be trim,but none make the marks. This one takes home the trophy. It really is the trimmest dipes around. The name even denote it. Itti Bitti. Now how tiny can you get?

They have really pretty prints too. I have more than these cos I got myself enough for 2 days' usage (well, almost, naptime and long rides excluded). The rest is in laundry so I didnt bother taking pictures of them. Oh, I am bound to get this question so I will answer them now. I got them from this online Aussie store called Itti Bitti

See how trim they are ?

P1010036a

See how pretty the tiny details on the prints are?

P1010022a

P1010019a

I can even dress Ashley in these under Ashley's denim pants. They dont take up the bulk in her bum area. And the tight is high which means she has tight freedom. I have measured them against disposable diapers and found them to be even trimmer than disposable.

Okay, I dont like the feeling of itchy scratchy tissue (which is what disposables are made of, tissue, papers and plastic) against my little one anymore than she does now. She is all for cloth now. If I put disposables on her, she gets uncomfortable and scratches herself. Thats how comfortable cloth diapers are.

The bitti boo plush minky ones has two snap in inserts like these.

P1010043

The classic ones are like these

P1010041

They also have PUL snap in AIO but mine is in the laundry.

I have been wanting to post about these trim Itti Bitti's since June when I found them but with one thing and another, I keep putting it off. When I finally have some time, I lost my camera and when I found it, I cant locate the cable. And so this post is put up after I got a card reader for the camera. Whew.. and now I can also finally take some new pictures of my kids. Havent taken pictures of the kids for quite awhile too.

I have some old pictures of Ashley in Itti Bitti diapers but the good ones of hers are taken with her lying down. And I have a "thing" about posting pictures of my kids lying down, ( I think most Asian moms will agree with me) so I will not put them up here.

I measured the Itti Bitti diapers against swaddlebees (I read somewhere that it is one of the trimmest diapers around). See the huge difference in the crotch width?

P1010050a

I put Itti Bitti on Ashley nowadays if we dress her in pants. I used to avoid dressing babies in pants because of diapers. But now its such a pleasure to be able to dig out Kimberly's cute little suede, velvet, cotton and denim pants out for Ashley.

A friend who later went on to set up an online store, bought 16 of these right after I told her how good it was.haha, so trust me, this is really itti bitti !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

25 Comments:

  • Drooolll...droolll....drooling...

    By Blogger BTAM, At 10:36 AM  

  • hi..wow wow i love those prints.i have just won 3 CD from ebay this morning..i missed 6 yesterday coz i forgot to wake up to bid..hahaha

    will check that site and i am crazy about it!!!

    i've blogroll you at my new site..i wonder why i can't comment using wordpress account to blogspot..

    http://mychildrenjournal.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:09 AM  

  • YO...u are really a CD craze..so many different type of CD you have, might as well start an online store. :D

    Eh..can reserve and sell it to me as 2nd hand diaper later??? So far you have any that want to sell??

    By Blogger Montessorimum, At 11:56 AM  

  • Hey, Miranda !!! YOu got a new blog !!!

    Hi Denna, shame about losing that bid. But theres so many out there you catch up soon.ha ha.

    Online store? No thanks, Montessorimum. Its more fun just buying and using them. ha ha. You might be suprised to know how many addicts out there like me *wink * *wink* at those you-know-whos out there* who dont blog about it.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:08 PM  

  • Yes...been looking at the itti bitty for ages as well! :-D

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:32 PM  

  • so sweet the big hug photos!!! and Kimberly's hair is so long!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 7:22 PM  

  • hey guess what! i had JUST ordered a couple here in australia from itti bitti (to try) and then i hop over here and i find these yummy pictures...!
    can i ask, do you REALLY need to get a cover for fitted dipes used in daytime?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:29 PM  

  • Wow... itti bitti is really the winner for trimness. Did you get the bamboo one? It's laimed to be their new product line... really that new? Not so sure.
    It's fun to try on different types of CD out there, isn't it? But I'm trying to potty train my gal soon otherwise if no.2 comes next year will be terrible for me! Haha! (still in the planning) So go slow on CD purchase now.

    By Blogger Peridot&Sapphire, At 2:30 PM  

  • it does look slim n neat...

    By Blogger chanelwong, At 5:48 PM  

  • Hey, Sharine, you see the yellow and the lilac bitti boo? Those came with inner bamboo velour and hemp booster topped with bamboo velour. And all fitted now come with bamboo booster. Most of mine are with the bamboo. It doesnt leak at night even without a cover.

    Yea, Chanel, Ashley is really comfortable with them. YOu can tell by the photos

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:58 PM  

  • Hi, Abby's mom. Most people use a cover with fitted. But i have never bothered. I only use them at night and nap time and out and about. I dont use them on Ashley at home. Sometimes I even forgot to put one over Ashley when she is wearing fitted for the night and she doesnt leak either. Cant say the same for heavy wetter though

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:41 PM  

  • My my! Another CD moment!!! I love this one... where and how much for these????

    I just got some FuzzyBuns and Bum Wear for Darrius (still in the mail) and can't wait to try them out!

    Both your girls looks really pretty and I love Ashley hair so much!!!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 6:08 AM  

  • You are really setting a high target for us addicts.. been getting more and more reasons (or, excuses?) to buy more and more CDs. ;)

    By Blogger Jess, At 6:55 AM  

  • Really, I shall be staying away from your blog.. just confirmed some orders for Itti Bitti =)

    By Blogger Jess, At 4:55 PM  

  • Those looks really cute.

    By Blogger Par, At 3:12 PM  

  • wahhhh u r really CD addict christine! I love ur DDs photo in genting! looks "allthingspink" hihihi so cute, hopefully I can buy pink stuffs also one day.. finger cross!

    By Blogger MamaIrfan, At 11:23 PM  

  • Christene - these Itty Bitty ones look so sweet! Yes, I think the trimness looks better under dresses too =)

    Btw, here's a *nice* pressie for you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:40 AM  

  • Hello, what a nice diaper! My Yang no need diaper / training pant liao, dunno why suddenly can go to toilet by himself. Pulled his pant off, wee wee then put his pant on, all by himself! :) so my Nissen cloth diaper pants... think off selling it away. hehe

    By Blogger Moo Mummy, At 2:49 PM  

  • Thanks for the compliment Angeleyes. And I am loving Ashley's curls too, and hoping that she wont outgrew them on account of her dad and her granny both having curly hair.

    Hi Jess, bet u love them too. For their trimness if not anything else

    Hey Mamairfan, i just came from your blog. loves the wipes against the blue sky

    Thanks for the award KittyKat. How are things settling down in a new country?

    Hey Allisia, wow, so young already toilet trained. Way to go. But me, I am going to be so sad the day my Ashley is toilet trained. ha ha

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:08 PM  

  • hey...i dont get it...been using my itti bitti's for a couple of days now, gotta say i'm not very impressed with the knit ones! sekejap only soaking wet EVERYWHERE...and the prints look kind of faded and old...boo...

    but you seem to be quite happy with yours so am i doing something wrong ah?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:47 PM  

  • Hi Abbys mum,

    did you mistake the flannel for the knits? the flannel does tend to fade as flannel do and i didnt get any flannel ones. did you get the same print as mine? Also, if your kid is a heavy wetter, they have booster that you can add.

    One of my friend got 8 and another go 5, another got 6, when last we met they are happy with theirs.

    What a shame it wasnt working out for you. It works for us. You may want to email Sue or Judith of IttiBitti and ask if they have a solution for you

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:33 PM  

  • no, different prints, and definitely cotton knit ones. will post up the pics on my blog when i finally finish charging my camera!

    maybe my daughter is just a monster pee-er, who knows? ;) i think i'll stick to bumgenius ones in future (even though the prints tak cantik lah)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:24 AM  

  • BTW I feel embarassed having to say this, but my posts on diapers are based on my own experience with it and I dont sell them, or get a commission for them or write paid post for them. Those who need a solution really should contact the manufacturers.

    Me, I only enjoy sharing what I think is good stuff and I love those itti bitti to bits, for their trimness and their prints above all, and I thought it'd be good to share cos you know how Malaysian feels about kaki kangkang hee hee.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:44 AM  

  • My Yang oledy 2 yars old lo... but night time still depend to diaper, disposable diaper-MomyPoko. the only diaper brand can hold his wee wee up to 8 hours! cloths diaper with 3 hemp also tak guna lo, and this lazy mother impossible to wake up in the middle of the night too. pai seh la... haha

    By Blogger Moo Mummy, At 9:26 AM  

  • Alisia, I think if you add exchange one of the hemp with micro fibre, it helps the absorption better and would prevent leaks. The micro fibre will draw the pee in and then slowly absorb into the hemp. If you only use hemp, wont it leak before the pee is drawn into the wicking fleece? Just a thought, but better person to ask would be Sandra.

    One of my girlfriend has a heavy wetter 3 year old too. When they stayed here overnight once and didnt have disposables, I put 1 GAD microfire and 2 GAD hemp on the boy. My girlfriend had to change his diaper once with another 3 inserts in the night because her son drinks an 8 oz bottle of milk before he sleeps at 10pm and drinks another 8 oz in the middle of the night. On that note, I really wish my kid would drink that much milk

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket