allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Fitted Diapers

I thought I try out fitted nappies for a change.

“Fitted” meaning there isn’t any cover over them nappies and you are likely to get wet beds when your kid is napping unless you put those diaper covers over them. Okay, guys and single ladies, again, this is a post not of any interest to you.

cotton bottom

There are an amazing new variety of covers available nowadays though, unlike those itchy scratchy plastic overtop that you find in Jusco, Pureen or Anakku. Those new ones are incredibly soft and cloth-like. Like our Tau Geh Soh's Freshbot. Come in such pretty colours too. Got myself a rose coloured one for just in case.

However, I am not inclined to use covers with fitted nappies cos I don’t find the necessity for them. Ashley would only be wearing fitted nappies when she is not napping, anyhow. If she does nap with them, there is always my Rose Freshbot handy.

Anyhow, I got myself a variety of those fitted nappies. I mean, for Ashley. I got them from Cotton Bottom. These below are Cute Tooshies’ bamboo delights and hemp classics and Motherease’s multi fit nappy and Tot Bots’ original tots. They are all single fits (fit newborn up to 15 kg) except for Tot Bot’s which is in size 2.

I love them all. They are all so different in their material and design.

bamboo velour

bamboo

The CuteTooshies’ bamboo delights are made of bamboo velour. I thought it is the most luxurious nappy fabric ever !! You just want to put your cheeks next to them forever !

It comes together with two matching bamboo organic cotton booster topped with a layer of bamboo velour so that it’s the material that your baby’s skin is laying next to , and then you snap that booster into the nappy. It also has an amazing amount of stretch in the leg rise to cater for newborns up to toddlers. It has multiple side snaps adjustable to sumo-thighs babies or string beans babies.

hemp classic

The Cute Tooshies’ hemp are of course, made from hemp. It came together with 2 pieces of curved booster you lay on top of the nappy, no snapping in to place but so far so good, it didn’t run from one place to another. This one, too, has multiple side snaps and good amount of stretch for leg rise. I thought hemp would be really stiff, but it wasn’t too bad. I figure it must be because it is a combination of hemp and some other fabric. Hemp is thirsty and is good for heavy wetting babies.

The Motherease’s multi fit has 3 rows of front snaps like BumGenius. You just snap the setting you want. Ashley wears hers on medium setting. It has Velcro on the side and sewed-in booster like those All-in-ones Drybees.

tot bot

I love the Original Tots too. It is made from fluffy material, is thick and has Velcro on the side. You can actually see the fluff from the picture! Thick as it is, though, it is not bulky on the crotch cos it just kind of curve along with Ashley’s built.

This is how Motherease's Multi looks like from the back. This is Ashley merajuk because Chieh Chieh wouldn't let her touch her jigsaw puzzle.

merajuk cos chieh chieh wont share puzzle

Doesn't it look soft and comfortable?

ashley wearing motherease diaper

MIL like using them. Much as she likes BumGenius over Drybees, she thinks that fitted is more “breathable” without a PUL cover.

Love all them fitted nappies. Perhaps our Tau Geh Soh will consider bringing them in soon. LOL.

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

23 Comments:

  • Wow... you are good, being a WAHM and all the house works????? You are amazing! Kudos!

    By the way, another tag for you. Do it when you have time k? And, your posts always remind me to go online shopping.... :P

    By Blogger Vivianz, At 12:01 AM  

  • Hi ATP--thank you for stopping over at my blog. I really look forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

    Just starting to read your blog and I'm really enjoying it.

    That's very nice of you to link with me. I'll puit a link to you also!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:31 PM  

  • aiyoh.... so impressing.... the fitted diapers... where did you bought it? I think TauKeSoh still in process to getting fitted in for us. I think I also have the same mindset like your MIL, fitted is more breathable than PUL... haha!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:56 PM  

  • aiyoh, vivianz, no choice lar, I rather have this than have my kids away from me.

    thanks for the tag.Viv, love you for them.hee hee...

    Hey, New Parent, thanks for stopping by my blog. I really learn a lot from your blog, in particular on understanding kids

    Sharine, I edit the post just to let u know where to buy them from. ha ha. Yep, Tau Geh Soh is in the process of getting sherpa for us. I think its Malaysian mindset lar, thinking that covers add to heat, but the PUL is great for outdoors, just so you dont have to change your little one's clothes every so often. I still prefers drybees for outdoor anytime

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 7:31 PM  

  • Hi, Allisia here. Just wonder all type of pocker dryper that u show are water proof? i want to sew it by myself leh. But dunno which cloth is suitable? Can email me? Oh... i like sewing!

    By Blogger Moo Mummy, At 12:36 PM  

  • Allisia, ar, Allisia, you asking the wrong person leh. I am just a consumer, not an expert. But i sure love the bamboo velour. The only think i know about materials is that the hemp are thirsty and the microfleece absorb very fast. You should ask our Tau Geh Soh of Miabambina. I think she purchase the materials by the yards, if i am not mistaken.

    By the way, the fitted nappies are not waterproof. The waterproof ones are in my other post under "Frugal Living, cloth diapers" in the June archive. Check out the photos. You sure love them wan.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:44 PM  

  • Hey ATP--that's very kind of you to say that (smile).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:29 AM  

  • Hi there.GOOD ONE! This will show more moms about cloth diapers option
    I am in the middle of bringing in more Fitted diapers *wink wink*
    Just to give another option for mommies here.
    do you use cover for the fitted at home? or you just leave it like that and change in about 2 hours? I do that sometimes with bg bamboo fitted, and find that it will be damp with in 2 hours.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:40 AM  

  • Allisia.
    Material of cloth diapers are still difficult to get in ASIA. Since it is not so common here.
    Mostly can be bought from USA . Like what Mrs Azrina of Freshbots did. She bring in PUL from USA.
    you can source from China but the quantity is HUGE.
    I manage to get some from USA for sample. but again shipping cist is too high. And I cant commit to buy the HUGE amount from China! :D they are asking for 500kg/color or something like 5000m /color...
    There are some co-op groups in USA, again shipping is costly for us.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:44 AM  

  • wow! u DO spend a lot on nappies :P
    nappy expery liao.

    as for the old maid, biasalar. they drag on and on so they don't have to do more work. not stupid eh?

    By Blogger Sweetpea, At 12:08 PM  

  • I just wonder how many nappy do you have in total? I think buying nappy has become one of your hobby? ha!

    But, I like this fitted. Yeah! looks more breathable for me. As I tried drybees once. To me, not bad. No rash means breathable and, can last longer.No more wet feeling for Elizabeth too. Very useful when Elizabeth is having her afternoon nap.

    But,My mum keep scolding me every time Elizabeth put it on.....
    She just prefer normal "lampin", so, I end up using lampin with panties most of the time....

    By Blogger Everyday Healy, At 9:38 PM  

  • Hi Sandra, I don't use cover with fitted. It just seems more comfortable that way. Fitted does seem to get damp pretty fast, though, so we change her every time she wets. And yes, i do think that bamboo tend to get really damp. Those fitted diapers i got hasnt any wicking ability nor a microfleece lining, unlike the sherpa you are bringing in, although i dont mind. Cant wait for my order of the Large sherpa from you.hee hee

    Sweetpea, ha ha. I have spend rather a lot on CD, haven't I? But I still find myself running out of CD by the end of the night.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:01 AM  

  • hey, healy. Nope, CD is not a hobby. SHOPPING is a hobby. LOL

    strangely my MIL also prefers fitted over PUL. Never mind that she has to change Ashley once she wets. I find her pulling out the fitted more often than the bumgenius out of the diaper stash.

    How many CD have i in total? Hmm... actually.. not that many now that Ashley has grown out of medium size and now that I have sold almost all my medium size CD.

    Now leaving only 5 bumgenius, 5 drybees large (used for nap time and night time) and 4 fitted diapers, one mummy touch and one KND(16 in all)

    I have another 4 new drybees large but which I am keeping for later cos they bunch up at the crotch being still too big for Ashley to toddle around in. While medium is now too small for her tights, size L is still way too big for her, so am using bumgenius and fitted while waiting for her to grow into size L.

    I guess 16 to rotate around 2 days’ laundry isn’t that many cos we do used up to around 8 or more per day.

    Even later when including my 4 new drybees, 20 to rotate around seems just right cos if you change everytime the baby wets or every 3 hours, with one lasting the whole night, you still find that you ran out of CD by the end of the night.

    Am waiting for one more sherpa from Sandra though, *shamelessly incurably passionate about CD*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:13 AM  

  • i am also addicted to CD...learning more from you n Sandra. Planning to use CD when I have no2....Now my son use only for nite usage...

    By Blogger chanelwong, At 10:24 AM  

  • I am soo tempted to get CD, but they are so expensive. Mom2One, in the long run, do u think can really save in CD vs regular diapers?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:14 PM  

  • only night time, chanel? me, ar. its day and night and out and about too. I just love seeing them on her bum.

    Shooi, actually, you only need from 8 to 12 CD, and if you dont go overboard and buy and buy and buy like i do, you definitely save rm4K in the long run, and if you multiply by 2 or 3 kids, its more.

    For me, i am too lazy to do my laundry so i always have enough for the next day even if i dont wash the soiled diaper for today. Plus, if you sell them when your kids outgrew them, you dont lose out.

    In my case, i suppose even if i dont save, at least i dont lose out, plus i get to keep the diapers.

    on that note, there is a great demand for second hand CD, i have just found out cos i have sold all my medium size CD in a matter of less than 7 days. I havent bought a single disposable since March and is still using up the balance disposable from when we bought them during CNY for outstation trips

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:51 PM  

  • Go MAMMA! Great explanation for your reader ,Christine! WAY TO GO hehhehehe....
    and yup....second hand CD if its in a good condition you can sell it in a 'snap'. Many are eyeing my Maya small CD leee.....LOL....but some are just too personal to me, I am so sentimental :D
    so still don't have the heart to sell. But I will... maybe...one day...

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:55 PM  

  • finally my lil' girl is off the diaper..accidents still happen la...but i am soooo happiiii


    wei i tag u!

    By Blogger mommy of 3 angels, At 1:51 PM  

  • Where to buy 2nd hand CD?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:49 PM  

  • Sandra, i know how you feel. I am selling the sage with a heavy heart too. I just love the colour so much.

    Mommy2 two angels. Hey, congratulations to your successful potty training !! me, I tend to indulge my kids too much. Thanks for the tag !! Will check it out now. thank god its 2 weeks more to the new maid. Then i could have more time to blog. LOL

    Shooi, you can get local 2nd hand CD here.

    http://forums.delphiforums.com/miabambina/messages

    http://www.miabambina.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=BargainbinGentlyused

    otherwise, you can get through eBay

    HTH

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:00 PM  

  • Hey there,

    very interesting post.

    I've tagged you, sorry la take your own sweet time to do.

    Bye!

    By Blogger God's Little Angel, At 1:10 PM  

  • I read already still blur blur about fitted diapers... now got so many new terms and types of cloth diapers...mabuk.... which one to get huh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:14 PM  

  • Hey, Elaine !!! Wow time flies and your baby is due soon!

    For your newborn,you definitely will love the Kissaluvs, the colours are good enuf to eat, but it doesnt have PUL cover so your crib is likely to get wet unless you use a seperate cover.

    If you want one size fit all, Bumgenius is a good buy. It has PUL cover too. If you go for multi size, its drybees for you. Drybees has such pretty prints !!!

    Imse Vime is fitted and hasnt any cover but it IS one size fit all. Personally, i like kissaluvs and sherpa, never mind that they dont have PUL cover. Sandra carries both of them. Drop by, lar, when you come KL shopping and i will show my stash to you so you could decide

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket