allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flower-Power Car Bento

I saw a pretty floral car a long time ago and knew that Kimberly would love it. I can't exactly remember how it looks like, but a vague image would be a car with flower scattered all over it. So I attempted to create one for Kimberly.

So Bento #117 is a Flower Power Car Bento.

SL385966

SL385947

It's a cheese sandwich at the bottom. And since it's home made bread, I sliced them thick to fit the height of the bento box.

SL385939

Added 2 floral ham at the wheels position for Kimberly so she have more protein.

The yellow base is made of egg. I whisked some salt and pepper into them and dunked them in the microwave oven. Those white wheels are made of the white part in the hard boiled egg. The rest of the hard boiled egg goes to my breakfast. Good thing this time one egg makes 2 wheels. This is a larger egg. Most times it's 2 eggs for 2 wheels. *grin*. Most bento leftovers are my breakfast, and I guess this is the norm for most bento-ing moms.

That's a cut out quarter from a circle of ham tucked underneath the car's white windows.

Those red flowers are made from the red parts in crab sticks. It would be prettier to use pink but those kamaboko comes by in RM9.90 for only that little bit of pink at the top portion of the kamaboko. So it doesn't make sense to use them so often. For those who doesn't have access to pink topped kamaboko, you can dab a minute speck of pink or red into egg whites instead of using kamaboko.

The red flowers were pre-cut from previous bento packing when I had leftovers crab sticks, and stash frozen in the deep freezer. I took them out thinking I could use these instead of my pre-cut pink kamaboko flowers.

SL385962

Packed them into this transparent Tomica Bento box that I got from NST. Not clearly seen from the above pic, yea?

This is an easy peasy bento, isn't it? So, let's power up, Bento mommas!!!

Now who was that who says girls don't get car bento? *ducking from bento boxes thrown*. Haha!

This car bento could be made prettier if you use a larger bento box and added some greens or some lettuce at the side to divide them from the fruits, and add some red based (tomatoes, strawberries, water apples) or orange base fruits (kumquats, carrots, yellow cherry tomatoes) for side dish and for colours.

But because I wanted to spend some girl-time with Kimberly when she get back that Friday, and take her out for lunch, I didn't pack a big bento meal for her. I know that I have been neglecting her for Ashley who needed more attention from me, and Friday is the only time I could make it up for her.

I am just going to get those after trials submissions out of the way first, so, will try to load more bento meals next post.

Have a great day today, guys,and happy bentou-ing !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

24 Comments:

  • With your busy schedule and you still managed to make your own bread!!! I bought the bread premix for some time, but still haven't make any. :P
    I like your egg sheet, I can't seem to get it right until now, maybe it's because I'm frying it with a pan.
    Can't wait to see all your pending bento posts. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:46 PM  

  • Hi Amy, I love to knead but time do not permit me to do so. I have to make do with the bread machine instead. Kneading is actually quite relaxing, kind of therapeutic.haha. I actually bake a loat everyday. We finish our loaves off quite fast over here. Sometimes I bring half a loaf for the girls in the office to share out.

    I was actually told by a fellow blogger that she tried both ways (pan and microwave)and she thinks using the pan gets better result. Maybe yours is the right way?

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:52 PM  

  • I have no strength to knead, so I rely on the bread maker to knead and bake :)... I also don't know how you find the time to do it so nice ...

    By Blogger MiChi, At 1:25 PM  

  • *Screaaaammmm* Sooooo nice!
    my boys were staring at it too!!! they say its soooooooo nice! When I told them that its food, they went "huh? food got so nice one meh?!"
    *laugh*
    see how amazing your hands are? *wink*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:43 PM  

  • Hey MiChi,

    haha..I don't have the strenght either, truth be known. My trick is to stand on a stool and press down using the body strenght from a higher level. Hope I am not confusing you. haha.

    To save time, Michi, you can pre-cut some items when you cook dinner. like those flower crabstick. I put them in a pot to boil while I fry crabstick with brocolli for dinner, then cut while i wait for the stir fry and deep freeze them for when I need them. HOpe that helps.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:36 PM  

  • Haha...Angeline. You really know how to make my day.*grin* Kimberly told me that kids passing by her tables were stopping by to stare too. haha. If you ever stop by here, I fix one for your little boys ok? With footballs all over them or dinasaurs or something.haha.

    Truth be known , Angeline, I hope my little girl will get to know more friends that way. It's important to me that she is happy in school, as is the priority in all mom's list. haha. She was transfered from another class to this class and most kids has already form their own gang. And I think her bento meals somewhat helps her get to know one or 2 close girlfriens.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:40 PM  

  • wow!wow!wow!
    Have not visiting your blog a while, you are getting more and more creative!!!Good Job!
    I am still lazy mum, not making any bento recently!

    How's the lunch sheet taste? Is it good?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:14 PM  

  • WHOA. u very terer laaaaaaa... as usual!

    By Blogger Irene, At 11:10 PM  

  • Love the car bento, my dear! I am so inspired to create one myself too!
    I'm looking for the accessories now....did you use the car bento container to cut the bread and the egg into that shape?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:39 AM  

  • haha.thanks,Veronica, but I also have my lazy days *wink*. The lunchsheet of course doesn't taste good la, haha, but it doesn't taste bad either. Just slightly savoury, that's all.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:17 AM  

  • thanks, Irene, although still long way to go before achieving Jap moms' standard. haha

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:18 AM  

  • Hey, Tigress, you have been reading my posts. haha. and so, yes, as with all my older bento, I have always used the lunchbox itself to cut the bread to fit the shape of the box. Be minded to wash the rims cleanly first and wipe dry though. You dont want soggy bread.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:20 AM  

  • Make your own bread..? That's not mentioning all the bento's u did that require time, creativity, precision..and PASSION! *me feel smalllll*
    Well done Christene..can challenge Martha Stewart hee hee..

    By Blogger Unknown, At 7:18 PM  

  • saw your transparent box and tot it is great. with such beautiful creation, it would be a shame for them to be hidden under cannot-see-thru box hor...

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 11:28 PM  

  • Millie...nowhere near Martha Stewart lor..and the bread,ar, bread machine, lar, kawan. haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:11 AM  

  • Chinnee,thanks for your compliment. haha. Lots of people like that see-thru Tomica bento box. Maybe NST will bring more in later.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:14 AM  

  • Wah! Cute girly car! Never know girl also can have a car bento. U did a great job!!

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 2:17 PM  

  • Annie, haha, yea. girls want to have fun too! With boys, you probably can put spotted (cheese) green (zucchini/cucumber skin) dinasaurs (with dinasaur cutter) all over them or football (kamaboko with seaweed stripes) or something.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:58 PM  

  • hey woman...thou i must say yr car bento was so pretty but but i'm also very upset seeing the box....:( as i told u, sean lost it, sob sob!!
    for a moment, i was think'g if i'd read it correctly...that u actually bake BREAD?? i reversed & read again u know...tsk tsk tsk!! have to salute u, good job, u r always a great mama, kim would know!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:16 AM  

  • Yea, lor, its pretty upsetting to lost a bento box, especially when it's still so new. At least Kimberly's My Melody is faded and a bit old.

    Yes,Madam Heng, I bake bread daily. Almost daily. But its only with the bread machine lar. I don't knead all the time. Where got time lor? haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:55 PM  

  • I love the box!!! Must go buy one soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:58 PM  

  • wow..i wonder if my boy gonna eat this when he sees it or just screaming car LOL

    By Blogger jazzmint, At 4:52 AM  

  • Hey, Angeleyes, NST brought new stocks of Tomica car bento boxes. Go get one !!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:36 AM  

  • Jazzmint, my guess is he will eat it. haha. it's luncheon meat and eggs. Most kids eat those. *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket