allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

How-now-brown-cow Bento

Bento #113

I don't know if you guys are tired of cow bento. I know I am *grin*. Every Jap moms' blog I surfed the last few weeks has been nothing but cow bento-s. And they all look similar in one way or another. After all, a cow is a cow. Haha. I promise this will be the last cow bento for awhile Haha.

SL385426

SL385428

I think this was the bento made the Monday before Chinese New Year. My memory failed me, since I am all but 2 weeks behind in bento posts. haha. Its a moo cow again. A brown one this time.

This was Kimberly's breaktime bento.

It's a chicken sandwich tied up like a present and topped with a cow character.

SL385409

I cut the cow shape with a round cutter and trim the sides so it doesnt look more like a pig than a cow. Haha. The cutters and puncher for the ears, horn, nozzle and eyes were the same tools as before .

Laid the moo cow on top of a round cheese which in turn is placed on top of the spinach lunchsheet for easy transfer.

Since Chooi Peng warned me that the expiry date for those lunch sheet is coming up, I have been liberal with them with the recent bento meals.

I tied the chicken sandwich with a strip of carrot lunchsheet so it looks like a box of present and bind those "ribbons" with mayonaise.

That green flower is also made out of spinach lunchsheet. I wasn't sure if Kimberly would be eating them but I thought I pretty it up for her anyhow.

Kimberly has not been eating much fruits over the last few days, so I thought I fill the rest of the box with fruits. But I have only green grapes and purple grapes left. Fill that in and hoped that it would do. I didn't want to stock up the fridge cos we would be spending a lot of time at FIL's over CNY. Kimberly ate all the purples and left all the greens.

And she ignored the spinach lunchsheet flower as well. haha. She opened it though. Probably just out of curiosity, cos I didn't stop to check on her after I left her bento box with her. I had needed to go to her school's registry to top up the money in her smart card, pay for her rythmic gymnastic and then run to work in time cos a client is coming to go through some witness statements.

So that's slowly catching up on bento posts. Will try to post as much as possible over the next few days to regularise the posts.

Have a great day today, all !! And happy bentou-ing !!!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

17 Comments:

  • wow.... your bentos are getting more and more fancy. Brilliant! I've only been packing CNY cookies lately.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 8:05 AM  

  • Hey 3lilangels. Not that fancy really. It's only a matter of food cutters and sea weed punchers, which I now have fluid access unlike before, since I have done some tidying up of tools. Also probably because in these recent weeks I have only fix bento when time permits. And once you did one kyaraben or oekakiben, the rest comes faster and easier. It was my Ms Piggy bento that make me realise that cutting out eyes and nose doesn't take as long as I thought it would be. haha.

    8:12 AM

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:13 AM  

  • Kimberly's in rythmic gymnastic? She likes dancing huh? :)
    I like the flower with lunch sheet. BTW, for the cow's nose, may I know if the cutters are from 100Yen? Those mini cutters?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:29 AM  

  • Hi, Amy. Yea, she has been in rythmic gymnastic for 3 years now. ACtually I think the lunchsheet flower would look better if its dual coloured, like folded together with a piece of ham or egg sheet, but I hadn't time that day to do that.

    The cutters are those I got from Sandra about a year ago when she got her sis from USA to send Daiso stuff over. But I think it's similar to our 100yen shop's ones. I haven't opened mine yet. Will go home check and mail you.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:01 PM  

  • woman, doesn't matter if u hv more moo/cow there coz it's their year wat this year!!
    kudos to yr gift sandwich...so tidy but if only yr camera did a better job...blur lar!!

    having those cutters around surely made things easier...i thot i have had many tools but lately when i try to do details, i realised i'm so handicapped...i surely need those little cutters....ahhh, can stil wait!!

    so u mean Kim did both gymnastic & ballet ahh...wuah, got enuf time meh?? no wonder u so havoc sending & fetching them lar!! the fees also must be flowing like water tap hor??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:52 PM  

  • Jaclyn, its a cheapie samsung auto.haha. My olympus has gone bonkers and I haven't up my butt take them to the dealer yet. Wish I have those ASDL thingy?!! or what-cha-call-it thingy that makes food pictures looks so good !!!

    yea, its killing driving her around her various classes. Got piano somemore. Lucky violin is with school.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:14 PM  

  • you know, whenever I read your post, I'll ask my hubby to see. He thinks you are one very talented lady, very artistic. I have nothing to say but to agree 101% *smile*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:20 PM  

  • I've been watching your blog for a while, your bentos are so cute! I have two girls as well and love making fun bento for them.
    They do not like seaweed though, do you have any ideas for what I can use instead for eyes etc? I tried spinach but it got stuck in the puncher :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:01 PM  

  • Hi Angeline, you are too kind. Anyone can come up with these. I, on the other hand, enjoy reading about how you bring up your kids. My kids eat way too slow and I haven't even gone anywhere near what you did to improve the situation.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:35 PM  

  • Hi Marianne. Perhaps your puncher had bits stuck in them or the lunchsheets were too damp? They get stuck if so. If it's bread or egg, you could get coloured food writer from cake connection or wilton. Hope that helps.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:37 PM  

  • Hope you have been having a good Niu Year so far! I'm not tired of all the MOOs - so, do MOO a-way, he he

    By Blogger javapot, At 10:34 PM  

  • I would SO love to sink my teeth into that bento! But I won't.... hehehe....I take my hat off to you, my dear!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:23 AM  

  • Hey, thanks Javapot. Will not shy away from moo cow bento in that case. haha. Can I have your link, Javapot? would love to visit your blog too.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:40 PM  

  • Thanks Bento Tigress, you are not too bad yourself if foodbuzz buzzed you.haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:41 PM  

  • so nice!! wonder where you get all those tiny puncher?

    By Blogger Rachel, At 10:40 PM  

  • Hey Rachel, those tiny punchers are from Sandra sometime last year when she asked her sis in USA to get them from Daiso for us. I hadn't used them cos last year was a hectic hectic year for me (not even 10 min to spare in the morning, seriously !) so even though I had loads of ideas, I couldn't implement them. It is only these recent months that I had more time to dress up the bento.

    By the way, 100 yen stores now sell them for RM5 each pack of umm...6 tiny cutters? If you can't get them in Singapore, let me know ok, and I'll see if other 100 yen store still have them in stock.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:31 AM  

  • that's so sweet of you! will hunt in SG first b4 troubling u :)

    By Blogger Rachel, At 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket