allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Moo Cow Bento 1

Bento #110

Boy, am I late in updating my posts, haha.

It has been a busy weekend. We spend Saturday sending Kimberly to her various classes, and with the limited few hours we have left, we attempted to get a dishwasher from the Harvey Norman sale. There isn't any washer, so hubby ended up getting an LCD for his dad.

After dropping off the huge box back home, we had to quickly run over to Eu Yan Sang at SS2 to get a hamper for hubby's friend's housewarming party and fortunately, did not turn up too late for the occasion. And it is such a lovely house too.

I also had the occassion to meet a lovely young girl, Yishen (hope I spelt it right), at the housewarming party, who recognised Ashley and Kimberly and told me that she read my blog. It is so flattering to know that you do actually meet people who read your blog. haha. If you are reading this today, it was nice meeting you, dearie.

After the housewarming party, we took another 3 1/2 hour drive back to FIL cos hubby had needed to settle something at the branch office.

We got back here past midnight from FIL's place just now and I have just finished unpacking and getting stuff ready for the kids' schooling tomorrow. Sigh..these few weeks has been hectic. Sometimes, I find myself setting my alarm clock at 3am just to get stuff done.

Since I am still wide awake after getting back from FIL's, I thought I post this up before the little one frets for me in her sleep again.

This was last Wednesday's bento.

This is my first moo-cow attempt. In later posts, you will see that I have tried plenty last week.haha, just bcos moo cows are so adorable! Will post them later when time permit. Sorry for the bento backlog, guys !

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's Kimberly's bento. It's 2 pooh bear moulded rice beneath the moo-cow.

The moo cow is made of cheese (what else? haha) and patches of seaweed over its eyes. Egg sheets made up its horns and its noose.

The eyes and nostrils are seaweed cut free hand. Just simply snip a cicle into half for the eyes and elongated triangles for the nostrils.

The moo cow was supposed to be sitting atop 3 equal size spam slices but Kimberly had strolled into the kitchen and plucked them off the chopping board to eat them without my awareness. So I had to cut out an orange coloured lunch sheet that I bought from CP to sit the moo cow on. haha. I tried a bit of the lunch sheet. It taste slightly salty but not much flavour otherwise.

There are 3 other spam slices on the right hand side beneath the cherries.

I added her favourite fruit of the moment, mandarin oranges, adorn them with more lunch sheet cut outs and slot some grapes to fill in the gaps.

Photobucket

Kimberly ate everything except some lettuce and I kind of suspect she shared some with a classmate. However, I don't mind since I like her to have some space in her tummy later come lunchtime 3 hours later.

Okay, going to hit the sack now.

Hope its not black monday tomorrow ! haha.

Have a great week ahead, guys !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • Wow..very nice bento.. I think both your girls can request for different kind of animal bento in the future.. You've done the ms piggy, the fish, now the moo-cow..what's next? I'm exciting to wait for your next bento! :D

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 8:51 AM  

  • wah, your moo moo is so pretty!!! despite being all busy, you create such nice bentos!!! keep it up!!!

    By Blogger 2ma, At 1:26 PM  

  • Waking up at 3am??? Wah...You are one tough cookie. :)
    But the bentos are lovely, I guess the lack of sleep is worth it? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:27 PM  

  • Bonnie, you think I so "geng" meh? heehee. Kenot do kawaii bento everyday leh. where got so much time? Only when time permit, dear.

    Hey 2ma, thanks for your kind words. You know how being a mom is, if your kids are picky eater, you get pretty desperate. haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:36 PM  

  • shoppingmum, get up at 3am to fix bento, want to die meh? hee hee. I got up at 3am to pack Kimberly's schoolbag, get her school uniform, swimming gear, gym gear etc ready, draft causpapers, prepare submission etc cos I have to be back from office by 3pm to receive Kimberly home from school and I don't have the luxury of time to work in peace in the office leh.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:39 PM  

  • aiyo chris, u really had a hectic weekend leh...with the 3hrs travelling, u still can stayed up to post this...i went saluting u lar!!
    hey, hope it's not that often that u need to wake up at such odd hours...coz that would be at d expense of yr skin leh... eye bags/darkcircle/lines/wrinkles... omg, no no no, that's the last tat we wanna happen, kan...hahaha??
    another great bento...yes, the moo moo was so cute!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:21 PM  

  • Ahh, not bad. You got two letters correct. haha. it was nice meeting you too, Christene. Your posts never fail to make me drool. hee.

    Ya'tze

    By Blogger spunkz, At 4:40 PM  

  • Ohh!! i luv the cow!!! you are so creative!!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 5:08 PM  

  • Another Moo!! This one must be the male! :) cute

    By Blogger javapot, At 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket