allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Moo Cow Bento 2

Bento #111

Well, I did warn you about an onslaught of moo cow bento-s!

Not happy with the earlier moo cow, I did another one again soon after. And didn't stop there either *grin*.

This was last Tuesday's bento. There wasn't any bento on Monday cos I woke up late. haha, and of course if I woke up late, everyone is late as well. I am their designated alarm clock around here, besides the designated slave, driver, errant runner and so on, as is with most moms.

I had some time on Tuesday cos I let Kimberly sleep in till 7.30am. Kimberly slept late the night before. I got her dad to send her to school ten minutes before her classes starts at 7.50am. It's only 5 minutes drive from home to school.

So, having a little time, I decide to top the bento box with a hopefully, prettier version of the earlier moo cow.

Kimberly's bento is a thick crust butter sandwich topped with a slice of cheddar cheese and a slice of smoked ham. I had wanted to sit the cow on a thick cut ham but it would take time to take out a can of spam, fry it and cut it, so a deli smoked ham it is then.

The bread is home made, so I slice it the height of the bento box. The thing about home bake bread, you can slice it as thick or as thin as you like. But you can get those thick sliced bread at supermarkets as well.

I added two chicken drumlet on the side for her. Segregated the greasy drumlet from the sandwich with some cherry tomatoes.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Filled the gaps with crab stick stuffed kamaboko (fishcake) and minced meat filled kamaboko so that the sandwich doesn't move around. As usual, the lettuce helps cushion the sandwich and keeps it in its position.

This cow shape is created with the same teddy bear cutter I used earlier, except that I trim it a bit with a sharp knife to make it more rounded at the side and flatter at the top. I have seen a yellow teddy bear cutter at CP's site which is the perfect shape for the cow with some minor trimming, but I dont have that one, so I made do with this existing one that I have and trim it a little bit more.


Photobucket


Instead of lunch sheet, I use cheddar cheese slice this time for its noose and horn. Use a different puncher for its eyes and nostril as well. Jessie had asked for a tutorial. Kawan, as usual, in my haste, I may not have time to take pictures, so will just show you the cutters and punchers I used instead.

Photobucket

I used that small tupperware to cut out the bread, the cheddar cheese and the smoked ham. The blue cutter for the cow, with some trimming, and the yellow cutter for the noose and horns. And that's the puncher for the eyes. Hope that helps.

Have a great day today, guys ! And happy bentou-ing !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

14 Comments:

  • I thought of doing moo moo too. Aichigo has almost the same steps like yours too. Let's see if I can make it before CNY! LOL!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:05 PM  

  • BTW, using a tupperwave to cut out the bread is very creative!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:07 PM  

  • wow that is alot 2 drumlet and sandwhich and fish cake
    can she eat it all?
    i dont think Indy can manage to eat 2 chick drumlet hahaah

    Good for you then!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 4:17 PM  

  • Hey Sandra. heehee.if you have the cinnamoroll bento box, and you measure one quarter of it, you will find out how small those drumlets are. They are the drumlets off chicken wings. Not much flesh in there. Kamaboko also like 20cents coin size leh, sistah ! *grin*

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 6:16 PM  

  • Wow your bento are looking more and more eye catching.

    By Blogger Par, At 6:25 PM  

  • Kay, hee hee. not all are eyecatching. Only if it's easy and fast enough to accomodate the 7am time frame. Hope I won't hear a loud "thud" from you when I post my speed bento (aka non-kyaraben bento) of this week in the coming next few posts. hee heee.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 6:45 PM  

  • aiyo!!!
    this creation can win competition, you know that?!!!!

    Beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:19 PM  

  • Hi, Shoppingmum, I noticed you followed a lot of those Japanese bloggers bento ideas too.

    But I think this one is more like selected ideas incorporated into this cos now with the forthcoming CNY Ox year, all Japanese bento moms have stopped doing snowmen (Christmas being over) and are doing a lot of cow bento, some ideas stuck , some don't. Mine is nowhere as pretty as any of theirs though *grin*

    It’s great that those Japanese moms gives tutorials isn’t it? And its great too that you translated some of those ideas into your tutorials, cos I know how time consuming it is to take pictures and download them. Keep it up, Amy !

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 7:33 PM  

  • Wow..so nice la.. I'm speechless!! Can you make a bento for me? Ha Ha.. Happy New Year Mdm..

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 9:28 PM  

  • ur so terer lah!!!!

    By Blogger Irene, At 10:02 PM  

  • haha. Angeline, you are too kind. You can get lots of ideas from reading all those Japanese blogs and from there on, you learn to incorporated whichever food is convenient to you into the food. You may want to try it sometime. Your 2 little boys will love car shaped sandwiches topped with ham windows and cheese wheels and seaweed spokes. And once you are on it, it will be fast. Trust me!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:33 PM  

  • WOW WOW WOW!! Moo Moo cow bento!! So nice!! How i wish i can do that, but i'm not so creative and good. Still a long long way to reach this level. hahahhaha

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 2:06 PM  

  • I like this MOO bento - planning to make one soon (hopefully can materialize!!). LIke the Hello Kitty drumstick holders too ;)

    By Blogger javapot, At 9:40 AM  

  • Christene! Your bento has sooo many details now! I don't think I have the knack (or patience) to do these hee hee...!

    Long time no news eh..bz ler..

    Millie

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket