allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sandwich Flower Bento

Bento #109

This was last Friday's bento. Have some time today so quickly post this up.

This is a pretty quick bento. I think I did this in ten minutes flat, maybe less. hee hee. But you should have seen my hands flying over the sandwich with the cutters.haha.

Good thing the lettuce and cherries were taken out, washed and dried yesterday and left in the fridge for fast removal, and the red pepper cut out and left in a lock and lock.


SL384932

SL384899

I peeled the carrot, sliced them and leave them in the steamer while I go wake Kimberly up and dressed her, tied her hair and got her to brush her teeth and wear her shoes.

It's Kimberly's bento, that means her bento box has to be ready by 7am to get to school with her . haha.

It's peanut butter sandwich at the bottom and plain butter sandwich at the top. I top them all off with slices of heart shaped cheese, heart shaped steamed carrots and heart shaped red pepper.

Added red cherries (the last of the lot) at the side and off she go. That was a fast one. ha ha.

I had wanted to add a floral cheese at the centre of everything but she was already late. So all I had time for is just to quickly press the food down to compact it so that it doesn't jiggle around and strap it up. The lettuce helped keeps the position of the sandwich in place.

That was a small portion, as is customary with most of my packed bento meals, but my kids are known for being small eaters. Besides, it works for breaktime. I don't want to fill her up so much that she won't touch her food comes lunchtime 3 hours later.

Kimberly ate everything except some of the red pepper. I think she must have taken a bite or two before deciding she didn't like them and ignored the rest. It is not a familiar item for her so I wasn't suprised.

Will try to post up this week's outstanding bento posts soonest possible.

Have a great day today all. Happy Bentou-ing !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • That's pretty. You are right about getting some food prepared and refrigerated first, that will surely speed things up in the morning rush!
    BTW, are those white cherries sweet? I normally buy the red ones...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:07 AM  

  • I love how you made a flower with those heart shapes. Very creative!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:15 AM  

  • Nice hearts put together.

    By Blogger Par, At 11:06 AM  

  • Wah!! Nice flower bento!! Very pretty!

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 2:29 PM  

  • Wah..so nice your bento.. Good for us can cuci mata.. He he

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 2:51 PM  

  • very pretty flower and you woke up so early to do this!! hats off to u.

    By Blogger javapot, At 8:33 PM  

  • I like the colour of this bento!!! makes the food so yummy!! *drooling*

    By Blogger Rachel, At 7:56 PM  

  • Gorgeous bento! I'm preparing as much as I can ahead too, to offset the 'blurness' in the morning.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 2:09 PM  

  • Waliow.... Ten minutes???
    I think would take me forever lah...
    Err..not that I would have the patience to do it...

    By Blogger NomadicMom, At 3:41 PM  

  • geeee....so lovely & it must have reminded Kim of mumy's love!!
    so neat lar & the colour combination was simply awesome...thou i think any kid would've skipped the red pepper, hahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:35 AM  

  • WAh, nice flower bread. next time post up your tutorial la.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket