allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Bento Pet's Bento Competition



One of the veteran bento packer, Bento Pet , the site of whom I have been visiting to learn about Japanese cooking, is holding a bento competition in view of her blog's first anniversary on the 29th and her 100th bento posts.

Can you imagine? A Hundred !!! That is a whole lot of bento packing !!

Those who are interested in sending in their bento pictures should check this link out for its rules.

http://onabentofrenzy.blogspot.com/2008/07/bento-pets-bento-competition.html

The closing date is 29th of this month. I have been meaning to let you guys know earler so that more people is aware of it, but with the workload, and Ashley being sick, I haven't a chance to publish any post till now.

I was going to put some of my ideas into packing a new bento for that purpose alone, but since my digital camera has broke down on me, and I didnt have the time to drive over borrow from siblings or friends, I will be sending in my toddler's bento-s instead. It's all in the fun anyhow.

But drool..doesnt the stash of bento prizes looks good?








So, Bento-packers, you still have your weekends to send in your entries. You can always send in your existing bento pictures ! Enjoy !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • thanks for informing...i doubt my standard is there yet. Wish you luck!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 4:16 PM  

  • I think you are very passionate about bento and I wish you all the best in this competition.

    You are right, it's the fun element that drives me into taking part too. Just sent in my entry last night. Hop over anytime and let me know what you think. I have so much to learn from Bento Pet, Blurmummy, you and some others.

    By Blogger JK, At 9:11 AM  

  • thanks for sharing this....but i just feel that i'm too 'young' to even think abt competition, haha
    i wish u really have fun & hopefully win somethg when u least expected!
    what a waste that yr new ideas didn't make thru....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:14 PM  

  • Read about her competition but don't think I can go for it. There's too many experts around. :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 2:29 PM  

  • Rachel's mom, my standard is definitely not there either, you should have seen those Japanese' mothers' sites, or even other regulars who pack bento.

    Jo-N and Jacss, to be honest, my bento mainly conform with my time limit that I have and cater to the food that my kids would eat. I dont stand half the chance. But its fun anyhow.

    Lzmommy, I have seen other experts' bento, but thick skinned me is still sending in anyhow. ha ha. I have lots of ideas for bento, but it just doesnt cut my kids' palate and their range of "want to eat without supervision" food.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:41 PM  

  • Good luck Allthingspurple. I have to take a pass over Bento....not a Japanese food fan....except for Kobe beef.
    But hope you win something. Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 9:09 AM  

  • all the best!
    i dont even know how to create one...yet! hahaha...

    and hope ashley is doing fine by now...

    By Blogger andrewjune, At 11:11 PM  

  • wah preparing bento also got competition ah, GOOD LUCK!

    By Blogger Hazel, At 11:24 AM  

  • all the best to you and hoping Ashley is much better now ya..

    By Blogger sting, At 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket