allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Bento # 28

Kimberly has a field trip on Thursday.

I didn’t want her bento box to weight down her sling bag cos she would probably be carrying her bag around the factory. Her water tumbler alone would be contributing to the weight on her tiny shoulder, so I figure she could do without a bento box today.

Hence, the zipper bags!! So, not exactly a bento, ha! ha !


Photobucket



For her field trip, I fried some chicken nuggets for her. Fish nuggets tend to be less firm and may crumple in transport, so I thought chicken nuggets would survive better in a zipper bags. I separate them into 2 zipper bags even though I have another box of zipper bags large enough to hold 4 nuggets. This is for hygiene reason just in case she decide that she hasn’t enough appetite to finish all 4.


Photobucket


In the zipper bag to the left of the nuggets, are some yellow zucchini slices and cucumber slices. Kimberly complained that she prefers the “inner” but I didn’t quite relish the idea of her stowing all those cucumber seeds in her tummy. On the right of the nuggets are some sandwiches roll-up. One turkey slice with butter roll up and one cheese roll up. Cut them both into half.


Photobucket


This neat looking roll-up (look, no cracked corners !) is made with a tip that Rachel's mom gave me in my earlier post.

She said using a sushi mat will make it neater, and voila !!! Did it ever !! Neater, I mean. I don’t even need foodpicks for them ! Thanks, Rachel's mom !

On the bottom row of the savouries are the sweets. A zipper bag of pretzels and a zipper bag of coco crunch cereal.

Photobucket


I threw in a pack of chocolate coated biscuits bits for her. As well as a mini pack or raisin and smarties. The commercially packed stuff all came back untouched, together with the coco crunch cereal. She finished all the savouries, including the zucchini, despite complaining about wanting the “inners” and not the “outers”.


Toddler’s Bento #28


Photobucket


Ashley’s bento is somewhat similar, except she wont be able to finish that much food.

So Ashley’s bento is 3 chicken nuggets and one cheese roll up, cut into tiny pinwheel slices of 6. I secured them with foodpick so she could pick them up easily with her tiny fingers.


Photobucket

For Bento #29 and #30, I posted them at my new blog and I would love for you to drop a visit to liven up things over there.

Have a great weekend, all !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • You are so thoughtful to put the food in the zipper bag to lighten her load!

    guess being a lawyer helps hor? all angles covered! : )

    By Blogger Rachel, At 10:15 PM  

  • Mommy so thoughtful to even think of separating the nuggets to 2 in a bag :) And you give her lots of choices! :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 9:42 AM  

  • hey, where do u get the mickey bento box?

    1mum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:55 PM  

  • Haha. All angles covered indeed. And you got so many bento boxes from the bento obento shop. How do you store/organise all your stuff?

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 10:33 PM  

  • such a loving mom you are... i'm very sure the girls would grow up loving you too!!
    gave me wonderful thoughts too...

    By Blogger Jacss, At 10:48 PM  

  • hats off to you... you made even a simple meal looks delicious! :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 12:15 AM  

  • Hi Allthingspurple, food no matter how its made always taste and looks better when made with a mother's love.
    And for young boys, mothers may have problems making them eat at home, but funny enough, when they grow up and when looking for a wife...they try to find one like their mother...a lot of men will deny it, but they do, ha ha.

    My mom was a Nonya lady and of course my diet from 3 years old was Nonya food...the Gods must be in a good mood when a lady who can't cook, not a Nonya too wanted me for her life partner...and there I was fooling around, this lady set a trap for me, she learned to cook Malay and Nonya food... and the only woman to invite me home to try her cooking.
    The rest is history, ha ha.

    Your food, your trimmings are really beautiful, can feel the warmth of your love looking at them.
    Have fun and a good week, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 7:01 AM  

  • I always get so hungweeee when I visit your site!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:21 PM  

  • Hi, thanks for visiting www.MyAsianHeritage.com! I'm just getting starting on your blog and am amazed at the creativity of your bento creations! This puts my chicken nuggets and canned corn combos in mini tupperware to shame...

    By Blogger Angela, At 7:25 AM  

  • Now I have some ideas what to prepare for my gals for them to bring to preschool. But I havent got time to buy those pretty bento lunch boxes yet...

    By Blogger Health Freak Mommy, At 3:01 PM  

  • I love the pinwheels and roll-ups and I think Lucas would too! Thanks for the ideas...

    Someone's going to get me bento boxes from Japan - guess I should ask for some sushi mats eh?

    Btw, I think you should post your bentos in your new domain. Leave the blogspot for other stuff lor...

    That's how I got so caught between both worlds I deleted my Blogger LOL

    And sadly, everyone forgot to update their links! Don't do like me k?

    By Blogger KittyCat, At 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket