allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Got my new camera , and Bento posts is here again !!

So I finally got a new digital camera. Haven't the patience to wait out till my old digital camera come back from the repair shop.

I got the new camera from that camera shop next to Mothercare at One Utama. When the salesgirl tried it out, the battery was defective, so she changed one for me. When I got home and tried to download some photos into my laptop, a pop up says the USB device is not recognise. I tried my printer's USB and it worked perfectly. So it's not my laptop.

So when Evelyn , a friend whom I had called to ask about her particular brand of camera, phoned me to check whether I had managed to buy it, after putting it off for like 2 weeks, I told her I just got it but need to get the USB wire thingy changed. She said that come to think about it, there is a coincidence about parts from that particular shop not being mercantible.

When she got her brand new digital from them, her charger was defective too, and they couldn't download photos while she and her hubby were on holiday at Hanoi. It was a hassle for them to go hunt a charger in a unfamiliar town.

And now the same thing happened to me. A defective battery and a defective USB device.

I am not about to go back to One Utama today to change it cos I just went there on Sunday. Will just drop by tomorrow instead and see what they have to say.

So Evelyn said she will loan me her card reader till I get my USB device changed. Thanks, Evelyn !! Now I can finally take bento pics !

But I am happy with the digital nevertheless. Except that I thought it make all my pictures look a tad darker than those photos in my old camera.

Anyhow, this is Kimberly's bento of Monday.

Bento # 44

Photobucket

It's chicken patties, sliced green zucchini and yellow cherry tomatoes. Kimberly were supposed get only 2 patties and Ashley one, but Ashley woke early yesterday and I had to bring her down to the kitchen with me.

She goes, "Ah doh want chicken !! Ah doh want chicken !!" and picked hers out of her bento box, so all the patties goes to Kimberly. I told her to share her bento meals with her classmates instead.

Bento #45

Not having patties, Ashley's bento is somewhat simpler.

Photobucket

Also, because she was awake and with me in the kitchen, she made her order. She goes, "Ah want cheese ! No, not that one, small ones"

"Ah doh want yellow ones ! I want purple ones" (So I gave her grapes instead of yellow cherry tomatoes)

Knowing Ashley is more minded to eat carbo, I gave Ashley peanut butter sandwiches instead of just protein. Cut it with a Hello Kitty cookie cutter. Added some cereal to fill the gap.

As of 2 weeks ago, I had started bento-ing for myself. But not for hubby. Hubby, however, seeing some of the bento meals, said he wouldn't mind a bento once in a while, so this is husband's bento of Monday.

Bento # 46

Its roast ribs and roast vegetables (potatoes and tomatoes). Marinated them the night before and shove them into the oven in the morning for about 20 minutes while I go about doing other stuff.

Photobucket

I hadn't time to chop up some red or green vegetables for him to go with it, because I was late for Kimberly's bento. So I just pack it up. Will need to get the veges ready the night before if I am minded to pack bento for hubby next time.

Photobucket

On the side are the roast potatoes and tomatoes. Thinking hubby is bound to crave some carbo, I added a slice of bread cut up in quarter.

This here below is my bento. It's identical, but without the carbo.

Photobucket

And that's Monday's bento. Was happy to be able to put up bento posts again. And lurve lurve lurve my new digital!!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • haha.. so very glad that you've got the camera..the pictures have so much clarity and really, looking at all the bentos really makes me salivate... yum

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:10 AM  

  • wah... nice bento... when i am in Kl, will you prepare one for me? LOL... back to my primary school time - mum will prepare for me too...

    By Blogger Moo Mummy, At 10:14 AM  

  • Your bentoes look terrific. Why, it makes me feel like being your kid, if only to eat them! Hahaha.

    By Blogger Mumsgather, At 10:15 AM  

  • Hi Allthingspurple, hey, maybe you ought to start a small Bento business as you sure love making them.
    Yours are really very nice and looks delicious.
    Have fun with your new camera....Lee.
    ps, I am still using my 12 year old Nikon film camera. Love it very much. Never faild me re my portraits hobby.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 11:05 AM  

  • wow amazing! you prepare 3 different kind of foods/bento!! wow..hands down to you! where you find all the time and energy to do that!

    O..got a tag for u at my blog..pls do it when u are free. :)

    and as for the template, is yours the older version of blogspot? You just need to convert to the new version and the new blog reader should be available. Other wise, you can go into blogger in draft to check it out.

    By Blogger Rachel, At 1:20 PM  

  • yozoranitesky, glad I got the camera too. Never knew I had missed so much. ha ha.

    Aiyoh, Alisia, if you in KL, I prepare bento for your kids lar !! You are a better cook than me, shy to cook for you leh.

    Thanks Mumsgather, what a compliment !!!

    U. Lee, it's different when you are packing bento with love and different when you are doing it with an eye for profit and business. I much rather do it for fun. ha ha. Thanks for your compliment.

    About your Nikon, it had to be a real premium one to have serve you that long ! Mine was just the baby of a brand.

    Thanks Rachel for the tag, your advice on the template and your kind words!! I am rather hoping not to do bento for hubby everyday. I don't think I could manage. ha ha.

    I have a trick,actually. I have this huge lock and lock container with divider? I place all the food I need for tommorrrow's bento in it, and slice vegetables, (but not fruit) the night before. Everything I need, like peanut butter, cookie cutter etc, I place them on the table the night before. In the morning, I just take out the lock and lock and arrange the food in the bento box. It helps me speed up things a LOT !!! Ha ha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:59 PM  

  • Wow! Finally bento post is back! :)

    I'm feeling hungry just looking at the ribs! Hahaha... You are fantastic, working mum and preparing bento for all at home :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 3:37 PM  

  • yo, looks so yummy ur hubs' bento, and yours :)

    By Blogger Irene, At 5:36 PM  

  • that 2 wks of waiting, neck must be longer edi....
    ya me too, eyeing on the rib...d sauce looked so tempting, true if added red & green pepper will make d bento even more stand out!!
    the colours of the girls' bento are sweet....colour hardly seen in my bento, sob sob :( if u know what i mean!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:03 AM  

  • Really admire you for putting in the effort preparing the best food for your family! You're a great mum & wife!

    By Blogger 2xMum, At 5:03 PM  

  • LZmummy, actually, I think you are more admirable. In your first trimester, you are supposed to be constantly exhauted from all the changing hormones, but I still see you preparing bento meals for L and LZ's dad!!

    Thanks Irene, so, have you decide on marmite or bovril? ha ha

    jacss. hee heee. yea, man. long like African tribal neck long. got green and red stuff in my fridge but sigh..truly no time. else I make it prettier.

    hi Ryan's mom, I am only a great "wife" sometimes. Most times he had to eat his meals out.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket