allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Shortlisted !!! WoW !

I can't imagine I am shortlisted !!!

Earnestly, it is an honour just to be shortlisted alone !! Me, with my extremely limited food choice catering to my picky eaters' palate, making sure that it is food that they would WANT to eat in my absence, and strictly conformed to 15 - 20 minutes time frame bento !!

On top of getting them to brush their teeth, change into uniform, tie their hair, seeing them off to school, getting myself ready for work, I simply could never find more time than 20 minutes max to fix their bento. Cutting vegetables and food into colour contrast shapes takes time, and in want of time, I had to do with cutting them into strips only.

I haven't any assistance of a maid or MIL unlike most working Malaysian moms with young kids. That is why it is such an honour to be shortlisted alone.

If you guys haven't a clue what I am talking about, it's the bento competition for bento packers held by Bento Pet , a veteran bento packer and a great Japanese cook! Bento packers need to have at least 10 entries and has been making bento on a regular basis.

I had send in for the fun of it.

And I am still daunted by the presence of other veteran and internationally known bento contestants, actually. Ha ha.

Bento Pet is putting up a poll for votes to be casted. The one with the most votes will be announced the winner in 7 days.

I would love it if you all can hop over to Bento Pet's blog to vote for me ! Not looking to win, but just so that the number won't be at an "zero" vote? *embarassed laugh* The poll is at Bento Pet's blog's sidebar.

On that note, I am a tad guilthy that I haven't been posting bento posts since my digital camera broke down on me. I had let about 20 bento post gone by without any camera to take the pictures with, cos on top of the kids' bento, I had started bento-ing for myself to bring to work.

We are shopping for a spare digital camera over the weekend. Not just for bento posts, I can't stand not capturing certain moments of my kids doing stuff.

Have a great weekend ahead, all !!

And remember to hop over to vote !!! Thanks a whole bunch !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

15 Comments:

  • Hi Allthingspurple, well done, hope you win the BIG ONE! Good for you. Best regards, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 4:25 AM  

  • Ok Ok will drop by at Bento Pet's blog to vote for you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:44 PM  

  • WOW!!! CONGRATSS!!! Its wonderful though not surprising at you being shortlisted...U r good! So happy for you!

    Will sure to vote for you!! From all my 3 blogs..All the best!!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 2:34 PM  

  • Congratulations!! Hopping over to vote now ;)

    By Blogger Jess, At 7:03 PM  

  • Congrats on being shortlisted allthingspurple ...and no prize for guessing who's getting my vote :D

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:29 AM  

  • congrats!! wow...looking at some other contestants' works also i can feel how proud u r!!
    good that u r also doing bento for yrself...skali siap...save $$ also!
    ok ok, i'll give u 1 vote so no zero, k??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:25 PM  

  • wow, u r great. congrats

    By Blogger Hazel, At 1:44 PM  

  • saw the vote result? You are fast catching up on being the top!

    O saw your qtn on the blogreader...u referring to the bloglist?

    Go into Customise - Layout - Page element - Add a page element and you will see this Blog List New!. Select that and done.

    I did my when they were still trying out at the Blogger in draft.

    Let me know if it work for you.

    By Blogger Rachel, At 2:14 PM  

  • Congrats! Will definitely vote for you :)

    Bento for youself? That must be interesting!

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 3:52 PM  

  • Congrats! Will support you! Cheers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:11 PM  

  • congrats!
    i've hopped over and you've got a vote from me :-)
    hope you win BIG time!

    By Blogger andrewjune, At 10:09 PM  

  • voted for you..ya hope you will win too..

    By Blogger Deana E, At 8:52 AM  

  • Just voted! At that point I saw that you had 26 votes of 12%. Not bad. Not bad. Hehe.

    By Blogger Mumsgather, At 10:59 AM  

  • Congratulations! You deserve it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:26 PM  

  • will vote for you!

    By Blogger Irene, At 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket