allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, September 12, 2008

hardly a toddler's bento

Bento #69

I didn't take a picture of Ashley's Thursday's bento box cos I left my camera upstair somewhere and couldn't locate it. Haiyoh !

Anyhow, it was steamed plain man tou with watermelon and home made mince meat-balls.

No bento on Friday either since Ashley didn't go to school. She woke up in the middle of the night at 3 am and didn't get back to sleep till 6 am. So I thought I let her sleep in today and did not step in the office in the morning. She woke at 11.30am, giving me a good solid 4 and a half hour of quiet for working from home.

Since today is Friday, Kimberly gets home from school at half day instead of her usual 4pm. I have to be home by half day to receive Kimberly and I can't leave her alone at home, so on Fridays, I usually don't work in the afternoon.

However, I have a sambung bicara on Monday and Tuesday and had to prepare for the defendant’s cross examination since my interpreter to the Plaintiff's witnesses told me at the last minute yesterday evening that she can't make it on Monday and all other interpreters that I knew of are taken up.

It's just in case the court allows us to proceed with the defendant’s witnesses instead. Unlikely, but need to be prepared anyhow. Ashley has been sick the last few days and with MIL not here this week, I haven't had much work done.

So the moment Kimberly got home, I bundled both kids into the car to the office.

Packed this for our lunch in the office. It’s one bento box for a big lunch for 3 of us instead of 3 individual bento boxes. Usually, I would just place the bento boxes in front of the kids when we get there and they eat themselves but it's hardly a toddler's bento today so I had needed to de-bone it and feed Ashley myself.

This is today's bento meal.

Bento # 69

Photobucket

It's kampung chicken marinated in worcestershire sauce. I marinated them yesterday and this morning, add some salt, pepper and lots of chopped up onions, and some olive oil. Smeared some barbeque sauce on it and shove it in the oven.

I had chopped up those stuff yesterday and store them in the fridge in a lock and lock, so the roast chicken is a speedy affair. I added some honey 5 minutes before its cooked.

Photobucket

But I thought the dish look too dull by itself, so added some zucchini and carrot shaped teddy bears and cherry tomatoes.

The carrot shaped teddy bear is all the name of tempting my little ones into eating!

Someday I will just take out a cane, crook my arms on my waist and give my kids a threatening,

" Now, EAT !! or else !!!"

haha. It has got to be easier than this !

I made the sushi in no time at all. Well, what little time it took, it sure beat the time it took me to get Ashley ready for school, cajol her to take some breakfast, drive over to send her to her kindergarten, drive back, drive over pick her up and drive back wait for Kimberly. Sounds times consuming !

Anyhow, it's daikon, zucchini and salmon sushi.

Photobucket

Put them all in this old bento box belonging to Kimberly. It's the only big one that I have. I found it at MIL's house where I used to store Kimberly's old stuff.

Bento boxes has came a long way, yea? Those of Kimberly that I have before are nowhere as pretty as those that I got now.

While Kimberly ate her sushi obediently (in my presence), Ashley unrolled it and peeled the rice and zuchini off the seaweed to eat it, making quite a mess. I am trying to ease the kids into eating sushi with seaweed.

So that's today's bento. Have a great weekend ahead, all !


Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • your sushi looks very neatly done, i'm still learning to roll some nice one!!
    and d color of d kampung chicken makes it very appealing...emm, u r giving great ideas again!
    came across this worcestershire sauce sometime back but didn't know what it was...now i can explore with it......hehehe
    btw, yr working schedule sounds very flexible...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:13 AM  

  • good morning christene. hope little ashley has completed recovered and you all had a great weekend. your chicken really looks yummy. i don't mind having that for lunch at all yumyum..:D

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:25 AM  

  • Despite being busy, you're still so attentive to the kids. Very good juggling skills there. And very yummy looking chicken too.

    Whilst my kids eat seaweed, they refused the daikon and zuchini. So they would poke out those from the maki. Kids are really macam-macam lah...

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 12:25 PM  

  • Hey Nancy, thanks for dropping by when you are so busy right now. One of these weekend, I bake it and you drop by for lunch okay?

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:20 AM  

  • oh..thanks for the invite christene.. maybe we should have a little pot luck.. with some of the other bloggers? won't that be fun? have a great day :)

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:15 AM  

  • That sounds great. Just so that nobody get to see the pile of laundry in the kitchen and my messy house, perhaps we can have it at your place? I promise to bring the chicken roast if so!! Ha Ha! If anyone reading this is interested, gimme a holler, okay? Drop off your email address at this comment box and I promise not to publish it for want of spam mails.haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 8:32 PM  

  • haha.. that's funny coz my little pigeonhole of a home is worse than that. currently I have a 3 guests staying with me.. it's worse than a war torn zone.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:12 AM  

  • Nancy, you are so modest ! About the potluck, I will think of something then.

    But you are still welcome to drop by for lunch any old Saturdays you want ! I don't mind you seeing that pile of laundry and all the stuff strewn all over my messy house ! haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:19 AM  

  • Thanks Christene.. will take up your offer soon. But this Saturday I will be hanging out at MidValley Exhibition Hall.. there is a Beauty Exhibit. Will find out more about it and let you know the details. Maybe you might want to check it out too :D.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 11:41 AM  

  • I still dare not post my sushi out! hahahhhaa
    still needs lots of practices b4 they can 'gin-tak-yan'

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 4:49 PM  

  • Hey Jacss and 3lilangels, how come your comments didnt turn up at my yahoo till now. strange yea?

    Jacss, worchestershire sauce is somewhat like soy sauce. Me my own firm mah. flexible lor.

    3lilangels, after 2 years without maids, you will have really good juggling skills. haha. My kids eat seaweed only in its crispy single sheet form leh. But not in sushi. how strange is that?

    Angeleyes, I also post out what, my first sushi. YOu should take a look at it. all the untucked ends.haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket