allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

She made better cupcakes than I do !

I send Kimberly to a baking class during the one week school holiday. Before Ashley was born, we have a once weekly baking session, where Kimberly would choose a recipe, and we would go about buying the ingredient and set aside one day to bake. Just the two of us.

After Ashley was born, there never seem to be any time for Kimberly. Ashley is always clinging to me. Even now.

Kimberly has been wanting to have a baking session forever.

I am not even a good baker to begin with, but I made do.

Sometimes I get sprinkles for her to decorate, and sometimes, she would pipe icing on cakes and cupcakes.

But in dire straits, this is how our cupcakes usually turn out to be.

Plain !

P1010065

So, Kimberly went to a baking class at The Cake Connection at Jaya One, PJ during the school holiday.

This is not a substitute for mother and daughter bonding time, but it will tide things over till we have some time for baking together.


I came to know about The Cake Connection from Nancy . Kimberly is always asking to check out Nancy's blog for the cupcakes. She calls it "the chieh chieh's blog with the flowers and butterflies".

Good thing she hasn't discovered Alice's blog yet. Else between both these blogs, she would be hogging the laptop whole night long !

Anyhow, when I took Kimberly to the baking class, she positively love everything in the store. The sprinkles, the ready made fondant figurines and petals, and everything sugar and pink and nice !

Kimberly came out from the baking class with 6 cupcakes.

There's 4 left now cos one went into her tummy and the other went into Ashley's tummy.

Photobucket

She made better cupcakes than I do. ha! ha !

These are the kids hard at work.

Photobucket

The photos are courtesy of Nancy and Shymala of The Cake Connection.

Photobucket

Under watchful eyes.

Photobucket

High Five !!!

Photobucket

The proud little bakers !

Photobucket

This is her sitting around waiting for me to pick her up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While waiting , she helped herself to a cupcake.

Photobucket

Thumbs up for the baking class, Kimberly says.

Photobucket

Seeing her hair like that always makes me resist the tempation to reach out and tuck her hair behind her ears. If she is in front of her peers, inevitably, she would go, "MOMMA !!!" ever so loudly !

Anyhow, Kimberly ask to go for baking classes again if there is another one coming up over the next school holiday. She keep telling me, "Mom, I will teach you how to make cupcake!"

If she is going to be baking better cupcakes than I do, I would be more than eager to drive her around for her baking classes, haha.

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

19 Comments:

  • Wow! Kimberly definitely make better cupcakes than I do too :) Well done Kimberly!

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 9:59 AM  

  • Ooh. Her cupcakes are pretty. I don't make any cupcakes at all. Haha.

    By Blogger Mumsgather, At 12:43 PM  

  • wow! Kimbery's cupcake is so beautiful!!

    yes, agree with u, we used to have baking session too before my boy is out, now all baking stuff are in the storeroom..

    And, actually, i like her hair that way, naturally messy, i made mine that too when I was younger..;D

    By Blogger Rachel, At 12:47 PM  

  • oh, little Kimberly has potential.. she will soon be doing her own butterflies and flowers cupcakes for the family.. you must be so proud of her :D

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:43 PM  

  • ooi, Kim not only better than mummy but better than aunty here leh, aduh!! eh, i don't mind joining such class also leh... must find one day...those for adults lar..!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:40 PM  

  • Wow! That was a fun class she has there!

    Maybe next time Kim can open her own cupcakes shop heh????? :P

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 6:26 PM  

  • wah even kimberly can bakes! i thk i need to enroll to baking classes too!

    By Blogger andrewjune, At 10:58 PM  

  • Wow! Really nice cuppies there. Can order ah? ;)

    By Blogger LindaMunshi, At 9:39 AM  

  • Wahh...like that I need to start enrolling myself for baking classes already as I don't know how to bake!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:02 PM  

  • well well, during school holiday she can take order already! haha
    she is REALLY good!
    so neat and tidy!!!
    got talent there missy!
    And sure she makes cup cakes better than me....

    By Blogger Unknown, At 5:30 PM  

  • LZmommy. she decorate it better than I do, too

    Mumsgather, you don't bake? I had thought that you do.

    Hi Rachel's mom. My stuff are all up in the uppermost cabinet. But since visiting the store that day, I am now feeling more inclined to bake.haha. And I am glad someone thinks her messy hair is somewhat charming.*wink*

    Nancy, I rather think she would like to make them for herself instead.haha.

    Jacss. me too leh. Am thinking I would be needing classes myself.

    Angeleyes, my Kimberly? That will be the day.haha. I think she is in it only for the fun.

    Andrewjune, my sentiment exactly !

    wannebe supermom, she not that terror yet leh !

    ryan's mami, you and me both!

    Sandra, she where got so terror can take order, haha. But she decorates rather prettily, yea?

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:08 PM  

  • wah, nice cuppy cakes. the colors & decor are really nice & sweeeet :)

    By Blogger Irene, At 1:36 AM  

  • wow those cupcakes that kimberly made looks YUMMY!!! *wink*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:26 PM  

  • start learning baking on young age. tsk tsk tsk! Shame on me lei, i don't know how to bake!!

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 4:59 PM  

  • Wow! I am sooo impressed. What a great potential daughter in law for me. LOL.

    By Blogger IMMomsDaughter, At 3:59 PM  

  • You're too modest, Christene! The cupcake you offered me when I visited your home was delicious :)

    Hehehe, I don't bake cupcakes too :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:12 PM  

  • hey i know those 2 sisters in the class..they r from my church..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:58 PM  

  • ur gal likes to bake yeah? then u should checkout this place as well...hehe
    under kid's corner ;)

    http://www.thecookinghouse.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:34 PM  

  • The cupcakes look sooooo pretty. I love the pastel colors. Oooh, I bet Alycia will LOVE the baking class. How much are the classes?

    By Blogger Health Freak Mommy, At 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket