allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kids' Bento #53 and Bento #54

Wednesday

Bento #53

This is not exactly a bento.

It's a treat that Kimberly ask for her breaktime because one of her classmates likes it the last time, and Kimberly promise to bring it the next day for sharing.


Photobucket

It's biscuit fingers, divided into 2 zip lock mini bags. Two mini jar of chocolate spread (I use Dove's brand) and some sprinkles for coating the chocolate coated biscuit sticks with. Those sprinkles are what I usually use for cupcakes but I also let the kids dip their chocolate coated biscuit sticks with these at home sometimes for a treat.

On the upper tier of the bento box is one cut out slice of pear and 4 cut out slices of apples. Why so farnee, wan? I can hear you asking. Ha! ha !

Kimberly woke early and got herself ready earlier than usual so she was with me in the kitchen. She ate those cut out pears as fast as I could cut them. I have ran out of pears by then and had to use an apple instead. So that's why there's only one cut out slice of pear and 4 slices of apples.


Photobucket

As expected, the bento box came back messy with sticky sprinkles all over. Fortunately, with that foresight, I had placed the bento box inside this lunch bag.


Photobucket


Good thing too, that the spilled sprinkles were contained in the bento box and did not even mess up the lunchbag.

Photobucket

I find this lunchbag really useful. It's waterproof with a velcro opening, and it could contained droplets from frozen bottled homemade juice really well. I sometimes pack some in these for long drives out to FIL's place.

Bento # 54 - Thursday's bento

Both kids have the same bento meals.

Bento #54 is rolled ham slices, cheese cubes, cube zucchini and yellow cherry tomatoes secured with foodpicks. I figure they both haven't had ham slices for about close to a month already so I packed that for the day.


Photobucket

For Ashley, I added 2 grapes at the side and for Kimberly, I added 2 cherry tomatoes. At the side is half a Japanese pear cut into sticks.


Photobucket


For some reason, Ashley prefer Japanese pears over normal pears. Perhaps its because Japanese pears brings out more juice than normal pears.

That's catching up on some of this week's bento posts.

Have a gurreat weekend, all !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

8 Comments:

  • awww... so sweet of Kimberly to offer to share.. hmm, your kids' bentos must be the highlight of their classmates too ya?! :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 12:48 AM  

  • the carrier is so cool! kimberly also share with her friends erh? will she have enough to eat if she share?

    By Blogger Rachel, At 4:40 PM  

  • The lunch bag is so pretty! Seems like our girls like to share food with their friends :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 9:39 AM  

  • Thumbs up! I always following your bento progress, wondering why you always has new idea for bentoing and they look so interesting, simple and yummy...*plok..plok..plok...*(applause for you hehhe)

    By Blogger LW, At 1:30 PM  

  • arghh....aunty also like those pink pink stuffs lar (the bag esp). all d little-little containers made d biscuit sharing session more fun i'm sure!!
    emmm...i can never get my boys to eat baby tomato, sigh !!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:58 PM  

  • Wow your Bento #53 is just so lovely.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:11 PM  

  • I am not going to compliment you here, because as usual your bento always GREAT! LOL
    just one straight question:
    tell me where did you get those box and lunch bag? ( ehm please...)
    i got 2 lunch bags but made from natural cotton very simple.
    found it very useful. can contains mess and can keep the spoon inside

    By Blogger Unknown, At 4:19 PM  

  • Hi Sting, I think sometimes she is a tad shy over it. Perhaps she doesn't want the attention.haha.

    Hi Rachel, Kimberly only share with a few selected friends, so I think it should be okay. With breaktime at 9.20 and lunch at 12.20, I figure she won't go hungry for long.

    Hi LZmommy, the fun is in all the sharing, isn't it?haha! I love the bag too. It is so useful!

    Elwi, *mock bow* hee hee...

    Jacss, strange, though, I have always thought that kids love cherry tomatoes. Perhaps it's because Kimberly loves tomatoes so I kind of overlook that other kids may not like it so much.

    Thanks Sue sue, it is cost saving too. I used to spend so much buying those ready portioned Hello Kitty ones for them.

    haha Sandra, the lunch bag is from the ebay seller I told you about. The lunch box is from Jaya Jusco. Send you email.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket