allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Bento #60 - toddler's bento

Since Kimberly appears to be happy with the canteen food nowadays, I only need to pack a bento meal for Ashley. This is Ashley's bento box for the day.

This bento is packed in compliance with my priority for speed. I had to spend a good part of the morning sourcing for Kimberly's project material. It's her Bahasa Malaysia project this time. Yesterday's was for her English project.

Wednesday

Bento #60

Ashley bento is simply star shaped cheese sandwich. I thought it's high time I put the different sizes star shape cutter to good use. Been meaning to do this forever but keep skipping them to make way for available space in the bento box to slot other allocated food.

Photobucket

In the divided container are slices of Japanese pear cut into star shapes. I seperate them with baran divider for her easier picking with her tiny fingers.

Slot them fruits into a silicon cup to keep them in place. It was a huge pear and those are from half a side of the pear.

Photobucket

Her teacher didn't open her bento box today because she likes the break time food of the day. They usually offer her the bento only if she rejects the break time food or their lunch time food.

So I offered her the bento meal on the ride home. The angel that she is, she usually finishes all her food on the drive home.

Photobucket

Perhaps, leaving a slice or two of a fruit or a cucumber.

Photobucket

So that's Wednesday's bento. Will try to catch up on the rest soon.

Have a great weekend, all !

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

15 Comments:

  • Is that a "portable table" in front of Ashley? Sorry, I don't know the name for the "thing"...It seems to be useful for meals on the road.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:38 PM  

  • hi Shoppingmum, that thingy is a car tray. Really useful. They can even play jigsaw puzzle on top of that tray. You can get it from www.nst.my. I got one each for each kid.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:29 PM  

  • awww.. ashley is such a sweet girl :) and mummy's bento is so cute!

    By Blogger Irene, At 10:38 PM  

  • yeah .. what Irene said is true .. mummy's bento is so cute and look delicious :)

    By Blogger I am Princess Misha's Mum, At 11:29 PM  

  • salute to you..rushing for time and still able to come up with such cute bento!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 3:53 PM  

  • Your bento is so neat :) and so thoughtful of you to separate each with a divider.

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 1:55 PM  

  • Your bento so nice and must be delicious. No wonder Ashley finished it up.

    By Blogger 2xMum, At 1:13 AM  

  • Hi... I am Janet , I found your bento box very impressive , it sure shows a mom's hard work on keeping the angels' nutrition balance .... wish I will be as thoughtful and hardworking like me when my daughter in std 1 next year ^_^ !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:56 PM  

  • that's a good 'theme'...everything in star!! very thoughtful mummy as always! with d school serving b/fast & lunch, i presume it must be evening when u picked her up... mean she was eating partly for dinner, given her tiny stomach??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:37 PM  

  • The Star bread looks nice and the My Melody Bento box so sweet.I just ordered mine from an Ebay seller but yet to receive. Hopefully it will reach me this two days. By the way the food divider can recycle ah?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:55 PM  

  • it's so good to see ur girl enjoy the food, and always finish it. My boys older than your girl, i think they don't eat so much compare to your girl.

    Mummy great creation make it more tasty!

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 4:29 PM  

  • Love all the stars. I think my children love bread and I tend to prepare bread bento more often. Got to get some other cutters.

    BTW, I'm thinking of getting the car tray but I'm worried the distance between the car tray and the baby car seat is too far apart and that my children would mess up the car. What do you think?

    By Blogger JK, At 10:24 PM  

  • Ashley is such a darling... how I wish Darrius can be like her... so gentle on all the bento stuff.

    If I put baran, he will be so kaypoh and instead of eating he will play with them... haiyo!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:59 PM  

  • Thanks, Irene, every mom glows upon compliments over their kids and I am no exception. Haha.

    Thanks, Misha’s mom. I love your star bento too !

    Thanks Rachel’s mom. I was glad to be able to do the star theme for once.

    LZmommy, the things we do to please our kids !!! Single unmarried girls (my siblings) would be rolling their eyes heavenward and say we spoil our kids. Haha. Till they get married and have kids of their own, that is. Hee.hee

    Thanks, Wonderful Life, Ashley has always like bread, and if cheese comes in slices instead of in cheese sticks, she is more prone to eat them.

    Hey Janet, I am sure you will hold up even better when your time come. When a mom is in dire straits, she makes it work. Haha.

    Jo-N, you see the long mat (the yellow pasar malam type) underneath Ashley’s carseat? I got like 3 sets of those. One long ones for the 2nd row in the car and one short one each for the drivers seat and the passenger seat. Very “ulu looking”, but my kids eat in the car a lot. So, all I had to do is change those every weekend for washing. The car seat is far for Ashley too. I had to push back the passenger seat and pull forward her 2nd row seat o accommodate the distance. Same goes to Kimberly’s tray except that she being older, she need more distance than Ashley so Kimberly sits behinds the driver’s seat instead.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 6:04 PM  

  • Hi Jacss, sometimes I pick her up at 1 pm. If I have to stay back in the office, I pick her up later, but never later than 4 pm.

    Sue Sue, just spoke to you this morning about it. hee hee. but for the benefit of readers, yes, I recycle them.

    Annie Q, Perhaps your boys eat different variety of food?

    Hey Alice, yea, strangely, my kids don't play with the baran and stuff. The bento usually come back with all accessories in order too.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket