allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Kid's Bento and Husband's Siew Ngor Bento

It's weiners for Kimberly again. She just had it on Friday. Guess I got to lay off weiners for the next few days.

Kimberly had asked for tuna sandwiches, but there were only 2 slices of bread left. So she gets only one sandwich.

Bento #75

Photobucket

She had asked for kiwi, but I didn't want that one lone sandwich to get wet, so I got her weiners again.

Photobucket

Slipped some grapes in a Cinnamoroll mini ziplock bag and hide it behind the Hello Kitty sandwich.

Photobucket

She complained that it wasn't enough to share with her classmate Vicky and asked me for more sandwiches tomorrow. So I guess tommorrow its going to be tuna sandwiches again.

Didn't have time to pretty it up for Kimberly since hubby asked for a lunch bento today. He is rushing some work and does not want to step out for lunch.

This is husband's bento for today.

It's siew ngor (vegetarian 5 spice beancurd sheet) bento today.

Bento #76

Photobucket

On the lower container is 3 sheets of siew ngor, with a soy sauce container wedged in sideway for a boiled egg that I place on top of the rice with furikake much later cos I was waiting for it to be cooled before peeling it.

MIL helped fry those siew ngor. Glad she had soaked them with up with paper towels, knowing that I usually does that for her son. haha. MIL loves to drown everything in oil, be it sweet and sour fillet, stir fry vege or tau yew bak.

My mom, on the other hand, is one who abhor unhealthy fats and I had picked that up somewhat from her. Even till today, my mom still chides me for putting on weight. sigh..Mothers being mothers, she never fails to remind me to be careful with my diet each time she sees me. I told her its not my diet but my lack of sleep but she won't have that as an excuse.haha.

Anyhow, back to bento, I stir fried some snap peas, carrot and firm tofu with oyster sauce. MIL tend to fry them way too soft and ummmm...messy looking? although she's great with tau yew bak (soy braised pork) and dishes like red wine chicken. I think elderly her generations just like their vegetables cooked through and through.

So I usually stir fry myself cos I like my veges to be firm. That's the tofu and stir fry vege in the upper container of hubby's bento.


I got hubby a new bento box. It came with a thermal bag. Hubby likes his food warm and he sometimes forgot to bring his bento box home.


Photobucket


This here below is my bento.

Photobucket

It's similar, save for the ommission of tofu.

Photobucket

I added an apple for my breakfast.

Photobucket

Snitched Kimberly's bento box cos mine are all from 100 yen stores and none are them are large enough. Most of mine are only about 530 ml capacity or so.

This one is easily more than 720 ml capacity cos its quite high and long.

Now that's today's bento.

And now to see if I can catch up on my tag homeworks.

Good night, all!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

6 Comments:

  • Yum, yum. The siew ngor looks delectable. And you've got new bento boxes again. Love the Hello Kitty box.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 10:44 PM  

  • I love the siew-ngor!!!! One of my fav vegetarian item.

    Love the bento you did for your hubby... wonder when mine will want a bento??!!!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 12:17 AM  

  • Everyone got a bento...a happy bento family..hehe

    By Blogger Par, At 3:13 AM  

  • Wow, I've found a local bento blog!! Good job on your bentos, they look lovely!!! Wish my mom did that for me, eating would have been more of a joy ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:05 PM  

  • aiyo...poor on mummy have to do more bento for d classmate also ahh!! anyway, once in a while ok la.....else, stress also heh!
    huby's bento looked tempting esp wif d furikake...
    and i like your pink pink & sweetie sweetie bento box, haha....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:06 PM  

  • too cute to eat!

    By Blogger Irene, At 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket