allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Toddler's Bento

This is Thursday's bento.

I thought I make use of these 3 sizes in one circle cookie cutters that I got from The Cake Connections.

Ashley had liked the cheese sandwich with the star shapes , so I thought I use circles this time.

She goes, "ha? bread doughnut, momma?" The silly toddler, haha !

She was with me in the kitchen and I had made another circle sandwich for her to chomp on while waiting for me.

Bento #73

Photobucket

Beside the cheese sandwich are 4 skewers of edamame sitting on a bed of Chinese lettuce. Ashley likes those edamame. She calls them "peas".

Kimberly also likes them, but more for the fun of squeezing them out of the edamame pouch than to eat it, I suspect.

I scatter some halved fishballs and sliced weiners at the bottom of the lettuce bed cos I don't think the bento box is going to fit a lot of those foodpicks. I only skewer 3 sticks of cherry tomato, weiner and fishball sticks for her. Good thing too, cos the bento box fit those existing ones just nicely.

Photobucket


Since Ashley hadn't had weiners close to two months already, I thought should re-introduce it back into her bento meal in case she goes off it. Actually, fat chance kids will go off weiners, yea? But I don't want to take the chance anyhow.haha.

Kimberly has weiners every now and then though.

One thing useful about having posting daily bento posts, you get to keep track of your kids' diet. Ha ha.

Some moms doesn't like the idea of feeding their kids processed food like weiners, but I have no qualms about it. It is rather handy for speedy bento packing. And in time of need, rather to have her eating weiners than no protein at all.

With my first born, Kimberly, all food has to be closest from the earth. Not peanut butter but peanut, no strawberry jam but strawberry, no candies, no chocolates, no processed foods, vege and fruits has to be organic and so on and so forth. With my 2nd born, I have relaxed my regime somewhat. Heck, who am I kidding? I have relaxed my regime a whole lot !

Anyhow, to go back to bento, I steamed some carrot slices for Ashley. As I was cutting out 2 shapes with the Hello Kitty cutter, I know that the food is going to be a tight fit. But I thought I give it a shot anyhow. Only one goes in there. It's looks more ornamental than to play a part in the 3-2-1 bento proportion. Ha Ha.

So, stuffed the rest of the steamed carrots in a lock and lock container and stow it away in the fridge for tommorow's bento instead.

Will try to post Friday's bento soon. Have a great weekend, all !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

8 Comments:

  • Hey, Ashley's right. Bread donut was the first thing that came to my mind too.

    I think we are all more kancheong with the firstborns. Girlet mostly ate porridge until she's two. Her porridge was cooked with freshly made ikan bilis, chicken & pork bones stock, without any salt or soy sauce. But when it came to the baby's turn, she had McNuggets and fries at 18 months. Haha....

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 9:15 AM  

  • the donut bread is so creative!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 10:58 PM  

  • I have some problem with cheese (I think it's cheese in your sandwich right?). It melts by the time my kiddos have their bento. Any idea what can I do about it? Fridge? :P Kiddos don't really like cold bento woh...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:42 AM  

  • same here, 3lilangels, KImberly's porridge stock was a pot of organic carrot, organic onion, organic potato with kampung chicken. Then we threw the veges and use the stock for her porridge. Each pot of stock probably cost me RM40 each time. With Ashley, plain porridge only man, with organic vege threw in. no stock. haha.

    thanks Rachel's mom.

    Amy, I think its Ashley's school environment. The air cond there is quite cold and seeped into the kitchen, where her lunchbox is left. So I have always found her cheese intact even if she only ate her bento on the way home and not in school. There are ice packs on ebay, in the form of Princess Disney, Pooh Bear etc. Will post about it one day during bento posts. But you are right, cold sandwich isnt that nice

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:19 AM  

  • yr little is so right...it looked so much like donut leh!! i think i hv got d same cookie cutter too...3 diff sizes ring but yet to use it! i even got d heart shape ones wif 3 diff sizes too!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:46 PM  

  • Wow! I am speechless! Your kids are so lucky! Sad to say, I've never done anything like that for my kids. It's always quick to cook/make meals.

    By Blogger Rin Valtay, At 2:46 PM  

  • hmmm, not sure whether the comment got thru, posting again...
    stumbled upon your blog and WOW! your bento makes me drool! Seriously, one of these days, I should try my hands on bento making.

    By Blogger rachelsee, At 5:13 PM  

  • Guess what? Darrius don't really fancy weiners! It must be my doing coz I did not serve him any at all till this Bento craze! LOL

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket