allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Kid's Pasta Bento

Tuesday's bento is a pasta bento.

I didn't want to spend too much time on Tuesday's bento as well cos even though I only need to go into court at 2 pm, I thought I go in the office awhile for some stuff before I go to court.

So this is another no-frill speedy bento. Save for the teddy bear cut out, I didn't have to do much. Didn't even segregate the kiwi for my little ones like I usually do.

Bento #71

It's Kimberly's bento.

I have been checking out Kimberly's meals at her school. While they serve over the counter food that Kimberly likes, I have found that the new canteen operator's meals is not as appetising as their first few weeks.

Ashley woke up late and had breakfast at home. So I hadn't needed to fix her one. On top of that, she is more minded now to eat food that her kindergarten serve nowaday, lifting some pressure somewhat out of my shoulder.

Anyhow, Kimberly's bento is creamy pasta with stir fried chicken. This is from one of my frozen stash. I took out 2 muffin cup-ful and heat it up. Add some cheese teddy bear cut outs for her, cos Kimberly loves cheesey stuff.

Photobucket

The coleslaw was the also from my bento lunch stash. I fixed 2 portions on Monday night. But decide not to bento for myself today. Scoop a teeny weeny portion out for Kimberly's bento instead. Since she ate 3 spoonsful of it last night, I am hoping to establish this into her bento menu. Scattered some carrot rounds on top so it don't look too pale.

The coleslaw is cabbage, carrot and apple sliced julienne. Then I heaped lots of mayonaise on it. The actual recipe calls for salt, sugar and vinegar but I prefers them without. It look a tad wet though. Probably didn't dry the vege enough before I sliced them.

Photobucket

Kimberly came home with a soaking wet lunchbag. Lucky I gave her that waterproof Princess Disney lunchbag.


Photobucket

Took this picture out of my bento post #53.


She didn't touch the coleslaw at all, sigh, although she ate all the kiwi and half the pasta. The coleslaw probably put off her appetite.

Crossing that out of my bento list. Yea..hee..hee..I do keep a bento food planner. It is divided into protein, carbo and fruits/vege. Very useful for looking through just before bedtime.

Oh, and a few people asked me for my pasta recipe before from my earlier pasta bento.

It's over at my dormant kitchen blog, Christeneskitchen which I used to keep for making a record of food that Ashley, my non-formula-milk-drinker, would eat, when she was a baby.

Sorry no photos there, cos it was during one of my initial maidless days, which was quite chaotic.

Hope the recipe helps though.

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

5 Comments:

  • I love this lunch. I think my son would really like it. I especially like your little cheese bears!! Very cute.

    By Blogger Corinne, At 2:33 AM  

  • Really want to get that box, but it's always out of stock...hehe

    By Blogger Par, At 6:48 AM  

  • My girl won't touch coleslaw either. Sigh!

    That princess lunchbag is so useful. Where did you get it from?

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 11:48 PM  

  • Hi Corinne, Love your blog. It's always interesting to know what kids on the other side of the world are having for bento ! Thanks for sharing those wonderful links too.

    Pearly's missus, would you like me to get it for you? If you can wait, my mom will be visiting my brother in Perth and you can arrange to pick it up or have someone pick it up.

    3lilangels, I was conned ! She ate some the night before. I got the lunchbag from ebay a long time ago. But I think they should still have it.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:27 PM  

  • I'm going to try this creamy pasta next week... hope I won't get 'jelat' as I will be the one who has to finish whatever left over! :P

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket