allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fish Fingers Bento

Bento #99

This is Monday's bento. It's Ashley's bento.

Photobucket

I haven't time to do much but put 2 fish fingers in the fryer. I have already cooked rice that morning for my lunch bento, so I decide to make use of the rice for Ashley's bento.

So, Ashley's bento is a simple bento of riceballs and fish fingers.

And a lone tomato!

I like to keep her on the tomatoes now that I have discovered that a lot of my friends' kids don't take to tomatoes very well.

Photobucket

Since she has caught the habit of eating tomatoes from Kimberly, who is the sort who doesn't mind plum, peaches, berries and tomatoes as oppose to sweeter fruits like apples and watermelon, I didn't want Ashley to go off the fruit. Oh, er, vege, haha!

I took Ashley off school on Tuesday to catch Kimberly's school concert so there isn't any bento meals on Tuesday.

Kimberly had her school concert on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have absolutely forgotten about her concert. If not for a phonecall from her classmate's mom, Sue, the day before, you can bet I would have completely and totally missed the concert.

Kimberly is one of the lantern girls in the Mulan performance. Will blog about it in my other blog when time permits.

Didn't pack for Kimberly on Tuesday either cos it didn't seem practical, with her not being in her class most of the time. I told her to eat the school's lunch and gave her some cash for breaktime food instead.

Ashley's teachers has been encouraging me to let her have her break time food with her schoolmates, and I think it may do well for Ashley to learn to be not so picky with her food. I can always top up on her nutrient at dinnertime or tea time.

I probably may be more inclined to pack bento meals for Kimberly from now on instead. I mean, when school starts.

She seems to be getting lankier and lankier right before my eyes. I have been neglecting her.

I probably will just do a bento meal for Ashley for outings instead, or every other day or so. That will save me the morning rush every so often.

The daily 6am wake to pack bento meals is just about taking its toll. I would love to be like some other moms, packing meals at their leisure instead of rushing for the the 7am timeframe.

That would make packing bento more fun and not to say, decorative, cos the "ornamental" part takes time. haha. Hope to have more time for that soon, since I could now delegate the washing up and cleaning of kitchen to the maid, who seemed to have improved a bit. Still slow, but at least the maid is not reading magazines, writing letters, watching tv and/or napping in the toilets anymore. So we shall not be terminating her for now.

Happy bentou-ing , folks !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

8 Comments:

  • Wanted to ask about your deep fat fryer..
    Deep fat fryers normally needs quite a lot of oil per fill, right? And you don't change everytime, right? So how long do you normally keep the oil in there? Do you pour it out or just leave it in there till you require it next ?

    By Blogger NomadicMom, At 11:11 PM  

  • Hi Nomadicmom, I keep the oil in there till the next use. I don't change everytime. Each fryer has a different set of instructions on their user manual as to how many times you get to fry stuff in it before you change the oil. I guess for the number of use you get out of it, the amount of oil to be filled sounds just about right. Hope that helps.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:18 PM  

  • Simple but yummy bento. I'm too lazy to pack bento for myself, or actually too tired.. Wish I have your heart and passion in bento-ing.

    Btw, glad to hear your maid has improved!

    Happy weekend dearie! :)

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 10:06 AM  

  • You are not the only one preparing bento in a rush. LOL! Sometimes, I wish that I can take my sweet time packing the food too, but then...really no time la...unless I woke up at 5am!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:22 AM  

  • Bonnie, Wawa is still a young toddler. the younger the are, the more attention they need. It's no wonder you are tired. I remember being constantly exhausted when Ashley was younger. I am relieved that now that she is a little bit older, and could understand more, things are easier for me.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:59 AM  

  • I know, Shoppinmum, but I guess there are not many who also had to dress kids for school, clean up the kitchen, wash up the soiled utensils, put away food, sometimes with a toddler on the hip, within that hour, in maidless days. Those who have maids would probably have other commitments and obligations to attend to as well. But things will be easier for me now that MIL pushed our maid back here and now the maid also pulled up her socks, we have decided to keep her. Like you, nothing will get me to wake up at 5am. haha.

    For one who pack bento meals in a rush,I must say your bento meals are impressive. (It's a compliment). My speed bento doesn't involve much tiny details or shaping.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 1:49 PM  

  • Wow...you're just about to hit bento #100!!! That's a milestone my dear!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:25 PM  

  • i realised that d fried food looks better using a fryer compare to pan/wok...emm wonder if it's worth investing one....oh no gotta stop spending!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket