allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Miss Bunny Sandwich Bento

Bentou-ing has slowed down the last few days in view of the school holiday. I must admit it has been grand being able to sleep in till 8 everday instead of waking at 6 to fix the kids' bento. It was because I had needed to get Kimberly ready for school and her bento box, if any, need to be out by 7 too. And Ashley's bento was packed at the same time although she needn't be out of the house that early but might as well while I was at it.

However, since Ashley is now enjoying having the same food as her schoolmates, I didn't want to be a killjoy. I decide to pack bento her only occasionally and for out and about instead. And perhaps for lunch.

Bento #106

Photobucket

This is Kimberly's lunch. During the school holidays, she had needed to go into the office with me every now and then and it makes sense to pack her a bento meal instead of spending time ta-pauing and pouring them out on plates or bowls.

Encouraged by the earlier Miss Piggy bento, where I have discovered that cutting out details didn't entail that much time after all, I decide to fix some features on her sandwich as well. This took me an extra 5 minutes only, but doesn't the extra 5 minutes make a huge difference to her otherwise normally featureless bento!

Photobucket

Kimberly is having 2 large prawn fritters and 2 gyoza (also fried, to ease the workload. I added some carrots in the steamer while frying the food, and cut out the bunny sandwiches.

Those are cheese bunny sandwiches. I figured the cheese can make up for the lack of dairy in her diet the last few days.

Her Miss Bunny has nori sparkly eyes, carrot nose and cheese hair bow.

Since Kimberly likes carrots a lot, I topped the bento meal with a few more floral carrots.

Photobucket

Added 2 strawberries for fruits.

It is rather pleasurable to see the kids' expression of enchantment when they open up their bento boxes, particularly after their Miss Piggy's bento. I probably will endevour to pack more kyaraben bento for her from now on, with time's permit, of course.

Happy bentou-ing, all ! Have a great week ahead !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

21 Comments:

  • Any kid will love to have that cute bunny sandwich leh. :) It does make a lot of difference if we add in some cutie details, if time permits! I still can't manage to get everything done in 15 minutes, including cooking.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:50 PM  

  • Like what you add into this bento!

    By Blogger Par, At 11:28 PM  

  • Love the bunny--it's so cute with the flower.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:55 AM  

  • Nice bento. Your bento are too nice to be eaten. Since my boys are having their school break. No need for me to prepare any bento for them.

    By Blogger icfamily5, At 11:29 AM  

  • Wow, another piece of art which makes me drool. Hehe. Kimberly & Ashley is lucky to have such a capable mom like you. So perhaps we can expect more 'art work' like this in the future? =)

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 1:37 PM  

  • Waking up at 6am to fix your kids bento - I salute u!!

    By Blogger Adrine, At 3:42 PM  

  • Super Kawaii!! The nori eyes really made a difference. Something I'll be copying..... next year when school starts *_^. You're so rajin. I've been feeding my kiddoes fast food this hols... hehe...

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 11:47 PM  

  • so lovely!! really amaze how u can find so much time to prepare the girls' meal :p

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 11:59 AM  

  • Beautifully done with lots of thoughts put into Kimberly's diet, to make it balance.... Kudos Mommy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:08 AM  

  • you know what.. I absolutely love your bentos! you must be very good in arts during school days :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 3:04 PM  

  • Aiyoh. You mean that I also have to start bento-ing when Ryan gets bigger ar? Pressure! Pressure!

    By Blogger Daddy, At 8:50 AM  

  • wow..no break at all for mommy??

    that's another nice bento from you!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 11:56 AM  

  • bet little bunny is always appealing for little girls...so sweet!! bread with prawn fritters & gyoza...interesting combination!!
    hoping tat my bento spirit would rise up again....:(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:53 AM  

  • I think it will take me more than extra 5 mins to prepare this :p

    Merry Christmas to you and all at home :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 10:43 AM  

  • Chris... Merry Xmas..

    By Blogger chooi peng, At 6:32 PM  

  • I miss bentoing but with my hand like that, I can't do anything!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    By Blogger JK, At 1:08 AM  

  • Hi Amy, well, after bentoing for so long,I can make a speed bento around approximately 15 min give or take, including cooking cos I usually cook simultaneously. I normally use one fryer food item, one oven food item or one gas stove boiling food item. That leaves time to cut and slice. Try this trick. it may work.

    Hey, Ms.__2 be! , thanks !

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:37 PM  

  • Thanks for your kind word,Asianmommy.love your blog. the comment box thingy is still acting upthough.

    heehee..icfamily5, I took a bento break over the school holiday too.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:38 PM  

  • Haha..Bonnie, having discovered that it doesnt take up much more time, I may be tempted to do more kyaraben in the future.

    Hi Adrine, waking up at 6am not just to fix bento LOL..kid need to get out by 7am to go to school too

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:40 PM  

  • 3lilangels, I am not far behind cos I have been feeding my kids fast food during hols too.

    Thanks, Mummy to QiQi, the meals usually takes about 15mins only. most are just cutting with cutters and slicing. The rest can just dump in the fryer or in the boiler

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:42 PM  

  • Thanks Angeline, for your kind words. Your parenting tips in your blog are amazing in itself !!

    haha. sting My arts during school days weren't half bad, actually.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket