allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Bento #100

I have been late with the bento posts. It has been a hectic week rushing for datelines. Finally finished all the datelines on Thursday morning and letting out a sigh of relief.

The streamyx in my area has been down the last few days as well. That's why I haven't been bloghopping around, nor post any bento posts.

This is a catch up post on last week's bento meals. It's my 100th bento post.

Bento #100 came and went without much fanfare, although I am reminded by GiddyTigers that it's a milestone. But unfortunately, it fell on a Wednesday, which is not a good day for me. I have a lot of datelines to complete within a short span of time and did not fix a kawaii bento as initially intended.

So Bento #100 is a nondescript one. It's not even a toddler's bento or a kid's bento, like those I usually prepared.

But it's a rather good meal,nonetheless, for hubby. Bento #100 is hubby's bento.

Photobucket

It has all his favourite stuff in there, ie. meat, meat and more meat. Or rather, fish, meat and more meat.

I wasn't going to fix any bento that day but hubby asked for one. And I tell you, it is a rare moment when he does, because he usually rather eat out.

Having not planned for any bento today, I dug out all the frozen stuff. (Not that I don't dig out frozen stuff even when I do plan them. haha !)

We have unagi from grocery shopping the day before. And I almost always have frozen homemade meatballs in my stash. So I took out a few meatballs and simmer them with unagi sauce till cooked through. Then I simmered down some frozen store bought gyoza and pan fried them.

Realised that there weren't any vegetables, so I took out some store bought frozen vegetables and heat them up. Those are mushrooms under the vegetables.

Photobucket

Added my old faithful stand-by, the grapes, and a kiwi from the new box of kiwi from yesterday's grocery shopping. I wasn't planning to buy anymore kiwi for awhile but Kimberly wants them. I suppose I better had do some research and see what's the side effect of too much kiwi, if any. Or else I had better space them out for Kimberly 3 days apart for each. She could take 2 in a day if I don't stop her.

The white rice looks kind of lonely and I didn't want to add any furikake, cos it would be much too high in sodium with all the sauced based food, so I top it with raw carrots instead.

There isn't any bento on Thursday for both kids because I was preparing Kimberly's contribution of party food for her class party. And Kimberly didn't go to school on Friday since the last day of school is only parent-teacher conference day. Ashley would be having bread (food she would eat) for break in school so I didn't pack her a bento meal either.

Well, that's the milestone came and gone. Sigh... so much for a kawaii bento !

Have a great week ahead, all ! And happy bentou-ing !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • Looks yummy...drools...

    By Blogger Sue, At 6:48 AM  

  • Wow! You did 100 bentos too! :) I'm sure there's more to come!

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 9:50 AM  

  • Congratulations on your 100th bento!
    BTW, I serve my kids a lot of kiwis too as they love it. Not really sure if there's a side effect though...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:26 AM  

  • no need to be sad over a postponed kawai bento....yr unagi bento looked equally good leh!!
    i also didn't know that there might be side effect taking too much of kiwi...good to know!
    finally, congrats on yr 100th bento! keep it up..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:23 PM  

  • This yummy looking bento is befitting for a 100th. Congrats on reaching a milestone. A toast to another 100 bento(s) to come.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 6:15 PM  

  • congratulations on your 100th bento! keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:16 PM  

  • That was a great bento wat!

    I don't know if I'll reach #100 or not since I have been extremely lazy!!!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 10:47 PM  

  • Mmm...I love unagi!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:00 AM  

  • Wow..my dear...that really gives new meaning to the phrase, "Ask, and you shall receive!" What a treat for your hubby!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:11 AM  

  • Wow... you're very good at bento-ing!
    My tummy making noises after looking at your bento! :P

    By Blogger 2xMum, At 10:43 AM  

  • wow, bento #100! keep it up! i am still at #1 since a month ago.

    anyway, i have add you to my blogroll

    By Blogger 2ma, At 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket