allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Weiner flower bento

I have been wanting to do the weiner flowers for a long time now. Finally had the chance to do it today. I have always been dumping frozen wieners into the pot to boil instead of cutting patterns unto them. On the days when I have the presence of mind to take it out for defrosting, there isn’t time due to waking up late or time used up in other stuff like frying or cutting.

Today I have plenty of time to take them out for defrosting … hee hee …it being school holiday… so, today’s bento-s meals are flower weiners bentos.

This is Kimberly bento lunch. Kimberly’s bento picture first because her wieners turned out better. Haha.

Bento #102

Photobucket

Kimberly has her weiner flowers in criss cross cuts.

She also has a deep fried baby shark nugget at the side, with some carrots (raw, cos sometimes its nice to crunch) and 2 tomatoes.

She has rice to go with them.

Photobucket

I stenciled a Hello Kitty print on top of her rice with sakura denbu cos Kimberly likes pinks. I am thinking that pink looks too pale, so perhaps I will use a deeper coloured furikake next time instead.

This is Ashley’s weiner flower bento meal.

Bento #103

Photobucket

Hers has a star shape in the middle. It didn’t turn out so well. I cut them too deep and the weiner branched out too wide.

Ashley has a deep fried baby shark nugget too, with a lone hash brown at the side.

I fried 3 hashbrowns and was thinking of just giving her hashbrowns and fruits instead of rice but change my mind and gave her riceballs instead. Hence, I only put one hash brown instead of all 3. Hers wasn't tightly packed so I carried the bento boxes level to the car and placed them on the car seat while I was driving instead of dumping the bento boxes into their backpacks like I usually do.

Photobucket

Ashley has some raw carrots at the side too. Sometimes the kids eat carrots raw while I was chopping up vegetables to stir fry for dinner.

Kimberly and Ashley had their bento meals in the car after I picked Ashley up from school cos both kids followed me around running errants today.

Photobucket

Kimberly already had breakfast at the Toyota service centre this morning when I send in the car for mobilisation.

The service centre usually have nasi lemak, curry puffs, doughnut and biscuits and the usual coffee, tea and milo for waiting customers. One woman snatched up all 8 doughnuts for her lonesome self while I was standing in line behind her. Gee, can't she leave one for my little girl? I had to wait awhile before they replenish the food so Kimberly could have something to eat. Should have packed a bento meal for her before servicing the car instead of afters cos there isn't any food place for miles around.

Anyhow, I gave Ashley a bento meal today just in case she didn't eat a lot for lunch in school and so that I needn't have to run around looking for food for her while running errants.

She doesn’t take much protein or fruits in school and would pick up any protein food from her bento box in the car when I offered them to her after picking her up from school. I usually pack fruits and protein food for her instead of carbo, unlike today.

I prefer to feed the kids in the car cos they are more minded to eat them for lack of things to do.

The only trouble with feeding in car is, I need to vacuum the car very often and shake out the seat mats after every meal. It’s worth the trouble so long as they get food in their tummy.

It's Friday again..the week past by so fast and I haven't even gotten much work done. Time flies by so fast as one gets older. Or is it just me?

Both kids are tuckered out and are taking their naps. It is hard work tagging along their mom running countless errants...cos they practically had to run after me on the sidewalks to catch up. haha.

Have a great weekend all, and happy bentou-ing !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

14 Comments:

  • The flower wiener is so pretty! I still haven't figured out how it's done, or maybe I don't have hotdogs in larger diameter, so it's not easy to shape one yet. You really did a good job!
    BTW, may I know which brand of fryer are you using? I'm looking for one...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:21 PM  

  • It's really easy, Amy. Just cut a thick weiner into criss cross and a long thin weiner with teeth. Will try to post pictures the next time I do them again.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:40 PM  

  • so pretty!

    I got the stencil but never managed to do it as good as you!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 6:20 PM  

  • Thanks, Blessed Mum. I think the trick is to press the stencil down upon the rice? At least , that's what I did. So that should be the trick?

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 7:36 PM  

  • So nice until so hard to eat la... :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:54 AM  

  • Wow, impressive bento. Looks very nice, and feel sayang to eat. LOL.
    And, you're not old okay.

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 8:40 AM  

  • Very nice bento you have prepared again :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 10:07 AM  

  • Love the flowers--what a cute idea!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:03 PM  

  • The wieners look great. I had so much problems with the wieners breaking apart.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 4:31 PM  

  • this is awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:07 AM  

  • Amazing! you don't just arrange them it the most presentable way, but you put your heart to it and remembers the things that will appeal to the part-takers.... Wow! *clap clap clap*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:32 AM  

  • ya ya pls post pics on how the weiner is done...so chim!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:57 PM  

  • Hi Allthingspurple, I have always loved weiners, sausages. Will keep several packets at home go with my bread.
    You are simply marvellous seeing the way you do your beautiful bentos.
    They even more beautiful because its created with love, and food always tastes good when added with love.

    You keep well and have a great week, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 7:44 AM  

  • Hi Allthingspurple, I regret I just can't connect into your other blog.
    I guess its the same as some bloggers not getting into mine.
    Its the Blog having hiccups.
    I will keep trying...
    Thank you for your very warm thoughts and compliments.
    Always a pleasure have you drop by. Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket