allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Bento #104

The contractor is here fixing the plumbing. It is a major fixing up. Our next door neighbour is equally affected. And this from a reputable developer some more !

Sigh..this is going to take a whole week !!

Anyhow, in view of contractors walking in and out of the house, I will be working from home the whole week. It is rather disconcerting with the drills, but what to do.

Kimberly has been complaining whole day. "I can't hear", she yell in frustration when she can't hear the t.v. She shouts, "Abang, can you keep it down already?" over the roars of the drills, with me shushing her in shame of her lack of manners when she tried to talk on the phone with her Ah Kung. Just a few seconds ago, she ask, "Uncle, how long will this take?" The lau pan laughed and say, "this is only the first day".

Sigh.... the poor kid.

And the maid, she has been playing eyes with the Indon workers whole day, walking out and about and around them, busying herself with irrelevant tasks. Sigh.. nothing is getting done.

I send Ashley to daycare for the whole week so she could nap in peace in the afternoon.

Having time on my hand, I decide to fix Kimberly a bento instead.

Bento #103


Photobucket

It wasn't supposed to look like this. It has 4 kamaboko on top covering all the vacant spaces. But Kimberly couldn't wait and ate 2 before I returned to the kitchen with my camera.

Hence the sparse top.

Kimberly's bento lunch is 2 teddy bear moulded rice with water apple ribbons. I segregated the moulded rice with slices of zucchini.

Photobucket

Thare's 2 fried chicken drumlet wrapped in Hello Kitty aluminium foil at the bottom. I filled up the gap with thick chunks of water apples and top them with 4 kamaboko. Now left 2. haha!

This was going to be a quick post, so will pen off now.

Aarrgghhh..drill..drill..drill..will it ever end? And this is the first day, no less !!

Anyhow, happy bentou-ing, folks !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

6 Comments:

  • I would have gone crazy in the house!

    Why not send Kim to a library or friend's house so she can have some peace..

    By Blogger Rachel, At 3:22 PM  

  • you are so right, Rachel. I think it's not fair to her. My mom offered to take Kimberly off my hands. Thing is, she will be left alone with her 4 cousins and their maid, who is not so reliable. But since she is 8 already, I think its time to let go. So will be taking her to my mom's place for the week tommorrow. She doesn't want to go to my FIL's house but loves going to my mom's place.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:11 PM  

  • well, since it's just for a week and it's school holidays, it'll be fun for her to go over to your mom's place and she'll enjoy time with her cousins :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 4:41 PM  

  • I think it's a good idea for her to be away too, the construction is too noisy for Kimberly liao...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:33 PM  

  • what is kamaboko?

    By Blogger 2ma, At 7:09 PM  

  • so sorry to hear about the noise, i hate this also and better going out the whole day

    By Blogger Hazel, At 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket