allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Miss Piggy and Mr Meatball Bento

Photobucket

Kimberly will be going to my mom's place today. My mom wants her to stay the night so that she can coach Kimberly on her mandarin but I wasn't ready to let her spend the night out of home yet. haha. So we shall see if my mom won the battle or me.

Kimberly has been excited about spending the day at her cousins' place and has been packing her clothes, books and toys whole night. And..haha..junk food too.

I know she won't starve at my mom's but I packed her a bento meal anyhow.

Bento #105

Photobucket

This is Kimberly's bento lunch. It's rice with a huge fried mince pork meatball on the side. I shape them big so that they fit into bento box better. Those tiny ones tend to roll all over the place taking up level surface.

I also added some baisho chikuma stuffed with carrots and beans. I love these stuff. It's really nice and crunchy when you roast them in the oven. I didn't roast them this time but boil them instead cos Kimberly has a painful ulcer in her mouth and I didn't want to encourage too much fried food. That fried meatball is heaty already in itself.

Since its school holiday and I have time on my hand, not having to rush for the 7am out of home bento box, I have some fun with ham slices and carrots.

I finally made use of the punchers and cutters I got from Veronica of NST. I got them as early as March and have never made used of them. It's been 7 months now. Time to brush the cobwebs off them. haha.

I made little piggy faces with the ham and use steamed carrots for the little dresses. Added a carrot ribbon on top of Kimberly's Miss Piggy and a cheese flower on her little carrot dress.

Stuffed some strawberries at the side to fill the gaps.

Bento #106

Photobucket

This is Ashley's bento lunch.

Ashley has a pooh bear moulded rice with blanched brocolli. And one lone mince pork meatball. I added a carrot hat for her meatball and some sparkly eyes.

Added a cheesey smile on top of Mr Meatball to accompany her Miss Piggy. The hat keep falling off so I had to secure them with a food pick. Fortunately Ashley wasn't one who fiddle with foodpick as heard of other kids. She would pluck them off her food and put it outside the bento box. So far so good, I haven't lost any foodpicks yet.

Ashley's Miss Piggy has squinty eyes and a cheese heart adorning her little carrot dress.

I gave Ashley only one strawberry cos she didn't like them as much as Kimberly does.

Photobucket

I love having time on my hands. You can do so much ornamental little touches to a bento meal.

Happy bentou-ing guys ! And have a great week ahead !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

28 Comments:

  • These are so cute! But like you mentioned, it takes time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:21 PM  

  • Wow, this bento is amazing! You really are the master of bento Christene! Salute you!

    By Blogger Bonnie, At 3:55 PM  

  • True, shoppingmum, it took me 15 minutes more than usual, cos the cutting and placing takes time. Good thing the hams and cheese were pre sliced. Else would have taken longer.

    Thanks BOnnie, you always made my day. haha. I didn't plan on the Miss Piggy at first but seeing I got some time, I took out some ham cheese and decide to have some fun

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:18 PM  

  • These are sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful! Bravo Christene!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:54 PM  

  • Wow! Thot I stumbled on a Japanese blog! The bento is absolutely beautiful. I've got the same set of cutters but my bento would never turn out this nice. You've got a very creative touch.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 8:36 PM  

  • Wow! The cutest bento i have ever seen!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:21 PM  

  • The two Miss Piggies are so cute!

    It never ceases to amaze me how much effort and love goes into your bento preparation. Your two girls are very lucky :)

    By Blogger Adrine, At 11:29 PM  

  • i love the "oink oink"!!! nice!

    By Blogger 2ma, At 8:01 AM  

  • aiyo...woman, don't set such high standard la!! u really hv d fingers for creative bento seriously...
    seeing yours are so awesome but made mine so awful, i tell u...

    By Blogger Jacss, At 10:18 AM  

  • wow, u really outdone ur older bentos yah? so creative lah you! lucky lucky girls!

    why u donwan let Kimberly stay with por2 wor? hehe...

    By Blogger Irene, At 11:18 AM  

  • wow!! cute cute piggy!! How u cut that piggy? u got the mould to cut it? i mean for the hand or u cut it out yourself? really cute!! hahahha

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 2:05 PM  

  • Hey Angeleyes, thanks !!!

    3lilangels, you are so farnee...hee..hee..

    hey LeeYen, thanks. It takes time, especially first time round, but worth it, for the girls love them.

    Hi Adrine. thanks, but this is only the 2nd time I put a lot of effort into it. The first being the Hello Kitty bento.haha. No time really, most days.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:17 PM  

  • I like the "oink oink" too, 2ma. haha.

    haiyoh, Jacss, I also have my slapdash days leh.

    Irene...haha..isn't it amazing what you can do with time on your hand?

    AnnieQ, got cutters wan. die lor, free hand cutting bit by bit like that. How to finish in 15 minutes? haha. Go get it from NST or Chooi Peng

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:19 PM  

  • OMG!!! I don't see food! I see love displayed, great love!

    I see people go through such trouble only when they are trying to win something! yet you are doing it out of love.... kudos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:52 PM  

  • i must say that u are really creative in bento-ing :p

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 10:29 AM  

  • SO Cute!!!
    I could never ever imagine myself ever having the patience to make bentos like this!!!

    By Blogger NomadicMom, At 1:32 PM  

  • Hi Allthingspurple, some people are artists on canvass, you are an artist with food.
    And all your dishes are beautiful, can see the love, your imagination and your beautiful artistic imaginations and creations turning your bentos into a food of love.
    You sure one lady don't grow on trees, ha ha.
    You have a nice day, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 12:00 AM  

  • Aiyo... so cute!!

    You're really talented la!

    By Blogger 2xMum, At 4:02 PM  

  • You are so creative.

    I wonder if I ever have child or children, will I have the time and passion to do bento? Plus living in a small condo with small kitchen....though have great passion in cooking, but still something stopping me from doing it... :(

    Happy bento-ing for me in future...if i ever have a big kitchen

    By Blogger MiChi, At 12:45 PM  

  • so cute!!! i still haven't made one bento yet! need to get the supplies. how do you make the eyes? thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:44 AM  

  • Hey your bentos are getting better by the day. Sigh...when YY goes to kindy next year, I really doubt I'll have the patience nor time to prepare such nice bentos for her.

    By Blogger A Mom's Diary, At 11:45 PM  

  • Gosh..the bento is better n better each day..but also tougher n tougher to make too...

    thank God yr ideas jsut keep flowing..

    Btw, i want some wipes n wet bags. can u email me what is left???

    By Blogger LittleLamb, At 4:52 PM  

  • Love love love your bento. So creative!!!!! Where do you normally stock up your bento tools?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:00 PM  

  • Wah, the cutter must be very expensive lor. Anyway, they are worth the investment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:08 PM  

  • Wow! This is too pretty to eat! Like you, most of the stuffs I bought, I hardly use them. Better start doing something with it next year (hopefully I have the time :))

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 6:46 PM  

  • My goodness! The piggies are really too darn cute to eat!

    I think u are really making some kids wish their mummy is just like u! :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:53 AM  

  • You are getting really good at bento now ;) And, I second Uncle Lee's words :D

    By Blogger Jess, At 1:00 AM  

  • those are so so so so so cute!!!!

    How lucky to be your kids!

    By Blogger Vivianz, At 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket