allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Bento #18

This is Kimberly's bento of today.

I made onigiri for her yesterday with moulded eggs for dinner, because I got some unagi from Jaya Jusco and I thought it would be nice to go with it. She ask for it for her bento today. But we finished the unagi yesterday, so she has only onigiri and eggs.

These are Hello Kitty moulded eggs sitting on a bed of lettuce. She ask for two. She has never been able to finish more than one at any material time but just to humour her, I made two. Just so she wont opened up her bento and exclaimed,"Why is there only one?" in my absence in the school canteen later. I expect to get one returned today unless she gave it away to one of her classmates in the canteen later. I also include 2 soy sauce containers for just in case, a Hello Kitty pink one and a carrot one.

Photobucket

On the side are some cherry tomatoes, courtesy of her grandad who got them from Cameron Highland last week. And 2 slices of onigiris with seaweed I punched out of the Hello Kitty onigiri tool kit's nori puncher. Didnt do such a good job cos I wasnt deft enough with my chopsticks. The onigiris are on top of each other, seperated with a Hello Kitty baran.


Photobucket


I wanted to add some salmon Hello Kitty ribbons on the onigiri but there isnt time cos she was late for school. Ashley frets a few times while I was preparing Kimberly's bento and I had to leave the kitchen to tend to her and pat her back to sleep. If she wakes before the bento is done, I will never get anything done cos she will be clinging to me for at least half an hour.

Okie dokie, now to get Ashley ready for school. As usual, there isnt time to post Ashley's bento so will probably do that later at night when Ashley goes to bed.

Have a great week ahead, everyone !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

11 Comments:

  • 2 eggs is a lot, hehe....

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 10:57 AM  

  • Awesome mum!!

    By Blogger Bento Pet, At 11:50 AM  

  • I thought she has a huge appetite to eat 2 eggs :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 12:15 PM  

  • ARRGH !!! your bento post really go to my brain. And I am starting to think it would be great for Indy to eat egg in hello kitty's shapes!
    or eat the fried egg that I make with pooh pan.
    So I started to browse some estore that sell bento kits!
    So you are the one who to blame!
    LOL

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:39 PM  

  • Wow, if the taste is anywhere as good as the presentation, Kimberly is going to be in gastronomic seventh heaven - and never mind that she's probably too young to fully appreciate the work you've put into the pack!

    By Blogger Cloudsters, At 4:43 PM  

  • Your bentos are looking good. Just browsed through your earlier bentos as well.

    Hey, you don't have a maid and you can still do so many things for your children. I think you are great! Thanks for your kind suggestions regarding maids in my blog. Care to share some tips? My email: jnnsoo@gmail.com

    BTW, I'm taking a blog break right now. Would like to include your blog in my list (when I return). Now, too busy with work.

    By Blogger JK, At 5:10 PM  

  • I want to get the hello kitty mold but sometimes I feel it cost too much for it, trying to hunt for a better deal..hehe but eventually I will give in.

    By Blogger Par, At 8:57 PM  

  • oh I missed so many bentos! love those moulded eggs.. :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 10:47 PM  

  • wooooooooooohooooooooo! Your bento is looking fabulous! I must learn from you!!!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 11:59 PM  

  • I love the eggs! This reminds me that I must buy the moulds from NST!!

    By Blogger Health Freak Mommy, At 10:25 PM  

  • Hey, Chinnee, yea. She brought one home. Ha ha.

    Thanks Bento Pet. I wasn’t up to scratch compared to you and your fantastic bento meals.

    LZmommy, hee hee..thats what Chinnee said too.

    Sandra !!! Long time no see ! Love your pics taken at Italy. I, too, thought Kimberly would love Hello Kitty eggs as well, and that got me hooked (kind of like how you got me hooked at cloth diapering, ha ha)

    Hey Cloudsters, thanks for visiting. Sometimes I think she love sharing her food more than eating them though. *amused smile*

    Hi JO-N, armed with my recipes for frozen food, numbers for the weekend cleaners and recommendations for dryers, you will never fear being maidless ever again. Ha ha.

    Kay, Let us know where’s the best deal. Lots of us wants to know too.

    Sting, glad to see you. Hope things are better with your dad.

    Thanks Angeleyes. and I will be bugging you real soon about moving to a new domain.

    And HFM, will be bugging you soon too, hee hee.. but take your time cos I know you are up to your neck with a new baby and another 2 pre schooling kids.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket