allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

of Bento tools and kits - part 3

Following my below post where I said I would put up the stuff I got from Veronica of NST , these here are the new addition to my stash !

Sauce pens !!


Photobucket

I have been wanting these forever. When I first read about it at some other international online bento sites, I had thought that it is going to cause so much getting them from ebay, cos shipping cost from ebay is so hefty. I was glad when Veronica finally got in some bento accessories instead of just cutters and moulds.

Oh, yea, for those who were wondering. Sauce pens are to be filled with mayonaise, ketchups or chocolate sauce and useful for drawing eyes, mouth or whatever you like over food like octopus weiners, Pooh Bear shaped ham pieces, Hello Kitty shaped pancakes etc.

Thomas the train cookie/sandwich/vege cutter


Photobucket


Hero cookie/sandwich/vege cutter


Photobucket


Huge bread size cutter


Photobucket


This here is a seaweed sprinkles stencil moulds and cinnamoroll stencil to go with my cinnamoroll rice mould. A quick way to dress cinnamoroll onigiri up.


Photobucket


Hello Kitty ice lollies moulds and Doreamon rice mould besides it.


Photobucket


We do a lot of home-made ice lollies at home. Sometimes with fresh juice, ie. orange layered with apple juice with a melon piece in the middle for ornamental purpose, sometimes just plain orange pop, sometimes ribena lollies and sometimes fruit flavoured yogurts or fruit flavoured milk.

When Ashley was younger and i had abundance of expressed breast milk, i used to fix "momsicles" or "breastmilk popsicles" for Ashley. It's actually ice lollies made out from expressed breast milk. I had gotten the idea from kellymom's breastfeeding site , Kellymom, which is in turn, linked to the recipe at Mother-2-Mother.

These here are the last of the orange flavoured yogurt ice lollies.

Photobucket

Will make more when we have some family time (ie no kids homework, no immediate house chore pending) On the left to the ice lollies are trays of home made orange juice, pear juice and apple juice. I prepare trays of them on Saturday mornings to last them the whole week cos I dont have time over the weekdays to peel fruits and juice them.

Cant wait to use the Hello Kitty ice lolly sticks. Kimberly is just going to love them !

Oops, sorry to digress. Back to bento !

This here is a Marie-the-cat's cookie/sandwich/vege cutter.


Photobucket

The Snoopy cake cups on the side for cornflake chocolate balls that i promised Kimberly she could do by herself with Kakak's supervision when i am not around on the days she is bored.

These soy sauce containers, I dont really need, but I couldnt resist them because they are so much cheaper than what i got from ebay


Photobucket


This here is a a Hello Kitty pan.

I took so long baking one batch of Hello Kitty mini cakes from the lone pan that i have that I decide to get one more to speed up the process.


Photobucket


Besides it is a Pikachiu rice mould. I buy a lot of rice moulds to double them up as food cup inside the bento box.

This large sheet here is a one cut 25 shapes cookie cutter


Photobucket


Besides it is a car shaped sandwich/cookie cutter and some baran divider. Some boy shape cutter for when we have visitors for the day or over the weekend. A friend came over and her little boy ask if we have car shaped sandwiches instead of Hello Kitty ones. ha ha.

This one is a gem !


Photobucket


You can make lots and lots of heart shaped shells with them and then just add fillings into the cups.

I dug out these recipes on Swedish rosettes and fried rosettes
from Recipezaar and I am so going to make myself a stash of heart shaped cups to freeze for quick bento fix for the kids.

Finally, just what i have been waiting for...

Printed aluminium foils !!!


Photobucket


I made some 3D moulded Hello Kitty shaped chocolates sometime last month and I found myself wishing I have some pretty foils to wrap them over for Kimberly to suprise her when she got home from school.

So when I saw Veronica putting this up at her site, I snapped up 3 rolls right away. They were also useful for wrapping Kimberly's fistful of "mushroom-head" chocolate coated stick biscuits in. I got them at that Japanese grocery store at One U but one pack is too much for her to finish, so I only give her a fistful each time, wrapped in foil.

I just place the ball of foil in her bento box together with her sandwiches. It kept the biscuits crisp till breaktime and it keep the chocolate contained in its cool enclosure inside.

Anyhow, after receiving these from Veronica that day outside Kidsport at One Utama, the very next day itself, me and the kids made some 3D moulded chocolates again. This time, in Pooh's mould. And this time, I got those foils to wrap the chocs individually in with.


Photobucket


That's all for now ! Happy Bento-ing, folks !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

12 Comments:

  • Oh my!!! You really got addicted! Look at your collection! WOW! Anything that you haven't bought?

    By Blogger Vivianz, At 9:54 PM  

  • got ! got lots of stuff i havent got !! ha ha..but no money already. got to stop shoppng for awhile now. But kitchen utensils are always fully utilised. worth getting them.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:27 PM  

  • love the sauce pens already.. never thought they existed but now... just got to have them! LOL!

    By Blogger sting, At 12:23 AM  

  • oh ya, could you please email the list stores where I can buy those bento tools to shutei@gmail.com? many thanks :-)

    By Blogger sting, At 12:39 AM  

  • I would love to get some sauce pens but it's abit over price on that site. I will have to check out other sites for it.

    By Blogger Par, At 1:46 AM  

  • WOw! That's lots & lots of stuffs you got! :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 6:59 AM  

  • Sting, your boy is just going to love them. Kimberly and Ashley use them a lot, for drawing faces on their pancakes, sandwiches, octopus weiner. I get to use it only once. and will forward you the newsletters from the stores as and when i received them this month .

    Kay, i didnt know other sites has the product although i saw it once at a Japanese site.

    LZmommy, its more bakery stuff this time than bento stuff, but i love baking anyhow, and this will prompt me into baking more cookies instead of buying them. I used to use mould them with fingers and prick them with a fork for patterns but I'll bet the kids will love these more.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:25 AM  

  • Woot, love them all. Drooooooling away... I saw some of these stuffs at NST.com. Will get them soon!

    By Blogger Health Freak Mommy, At 3:32 PM  

  • No wonder they are called sauce PEN. hehe ...

    Cannot come to your blog to see your bento stuff. Too many things I like! Lucky for me I'm not into bento for now. hehe ....

    By Blogger WokkingMum, At 3:59 PM  

  • envy!!!!envy!!!!Won't be able to spend so much on these stuffs as I would love to!!!

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 5:40 PM  

  • WOW u are making me drool over all your bento stash...teehehehe... ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:38 PM  

  • Hello,

    May I know where did you purchase the Thomas the Train veggie cutters? I'm in great need of it coz my son will celebrate his 2nd bday this 19th, hope you can help me.

    Thanks,
    Chat
    Manila, Philippines
    www.paolosbakeshop.multiply.com
    paolosbakeshop@yahoo.com

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket