allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bento #14 and Bento #15

These are the kids bento of the day.

Bento #14 - Kimberly's bento.


Photobucket


Kimberly's bento consists of steamed baby carrots, her favourite. She specifically ask for them last night. She also made it a point to ask for pears.

She stressed, "NOT APPLE, momma. I dont like apples". Ha ha. That's because I gave her apples for yesterday's bento even though I knew she prefers pears over apples.

So its sliced pears cut into Marie-the-Disney Cat's shapes. I didnt imprint them with "Marie's" face cos I didnt want the pears to be bruised further. I tried lightly salting them to keep them from yellow but when I offered a piece to her last night, she said it taste funny salted like that, so I just let them be.

For the residual pieces of sliced pear, I cut them into tiny heart shapes. Divide them with baran dividers so that she could pick them up easily cos fruits sliced like that tend to stick together in tranport and patting them dry would just make them look unappetising for my kid.

In the divided container are fried baby shark fritters. She love these. Her grandma could fry them better cos her batter always turn out nicer than mine but Kimberly has learn to accept that Mom's fritters can never be as nice as Ah Mah's.



Bento # 15

This is Ashley's Bento.


Photobucket


Ashley has the same food. Fried baby shark fritters, except she has only 4 pieces. Knowing her appetite, she is not likely to eat more than 3 pieces of any nuggets. So, one extra for just in case.

Ashley has steamed sliced carrots instead of baby carrots. I cut them into tiny florets and I only gave her three because again, I know I would be lucky if she ate even 2 of them. Carrots are not exactly her favourite but she doesnt mind them.

Ashley has sliced apples instead of pears. Also cut in Marie-the-Disney Cat's shape. That's a lone cherry tomato at the top over there.

Now to get Ashley down to the car for school and scoot off to office to finish some pending causepapers. Didnt realise I am so late. I should learn never to check my emails early in the morning cos I always get side-tracked.

Have a great day today, folks !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

6 Comments:

  • Baby Shark fritters! How does it taste? Must try to find it at our market. :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 1:16 PM  

  • fried baby shark fritters? huh? eating baby shark? wow... o.O

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:14 PM  

  • Awesome bento boxes! Baby shark fritters? Never heard of them. WHere did you buy them? I must try the steam bb carrots too.

    By Blogger Health Freak Mommy, At 10:18 PM  

  • To echo the earlier comments, what are baby shark fritters, and where do you buy them? I'm sure my boy will be most impressed with them.

    Learning lots of new things from your blog. Thanks. Only wish I discovered you earlier.... your cloth nappies are simply adorable. But too late to start on my toddler now.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 10:19 PM  

  • Baby Shark fritters... what are they? Ok, so many comments but with the same Q. :P

    By Blogger Vivianz, At 11:36 PM  

  • Since everyone is asking the same question, will answer in blanket. ha ha.

    Baby shark taste just like any fish fillet. You can get baby shark at the Pasar at Pudu (pasar pagi, under the bridge?) it also promote breastmilk flow, according to the Chinese belief.

    We normally buy at MIL's hometown and she cut them up and freeze them so all I had to do is just dip n batter and fry. She try to make things easy for me because she knew I have no maids to help out till recently (read post on maid. ha ha.) God bless MILs.

    You can also fry them dredged in KFC flour but it is salty. I mix KFC flour with cake flour sometimes.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket