allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bento #19

With Ashley off to school, and my client being late, lets see if I have time enough to press the "publish post" button before he turns up.

I know most advocates and solicitors prefers to meet clients in the comfort of their own office, but I am inclined to meet most of them out of office if I am not minded to venture into the office before and after the meeting, like this instance; after coming out from getting a mention in court and before picking up Ashley from school to bring her to a doctor, and going to another court for a decision after that. I will be taking Ashley home from school earlier after that and hopefully, catch 40 winks myself. She has been having a bout of flu lately and I had spend the whole night carrying her in my arms cos she couldnt sleep for her stuffed nose.

So, here I am now, in Starbuck, with my laptop on my lap, posting Ashley's bento of yesterday. Havent load up either Kimberly's or Ashley's bento of today into photobucket yet cos I had needed to send Ashley to her kindy earlier than usual today.

Bento # 19

Photobucket

Ashley's bento is milo balls and besides it, corn on the cob, unbuttered and unsalted so that she wont have messy fingers. If she smudges her hand and do not wash her hands, she is likely to scratch her hands raw later. Better be safe than sorry. This is the corn that they called "Sui Ching"(crystal) corn. I find these kinder to children's teeth than our regular corns.

I had wanted to cut the carrot into an appealing shape for her but there wasnt much time yesterday.

Photobucket

In the container are 2 cherry tomatoes and sliced apples cut into various shapes to tempt her. I had worried about her having cherries in school the other day, concerned that she may have swallowed the stones in case the teacher left her for a split second, so I thought I better give her tomatoes instead. She can have cherries at home in my presence.

I tried salting the apples or sprinkling lemon juice on top to stop them yellowing, but she rejected them the other time when I tried them on her. So her apples will have to go to school yellowed like that from now on. ha ha.

Okay, now to post this. Have a great day today, all.

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • hehe...u are really an incredible mummy. can run here and there, managing kids and work. some more can find time to post yur daily bento :)

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 12:16 PM  

  • Only these few weeks a bit busy, Chinnee. Everyday like that can die lor, how to breath? ha ha

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 12:34 PM  

  • That corn looks good... where to buy, and how do u get Ashley to eat them?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:54 PM  

  • Your bentos are marvelous. (I've been following them on my feedreader. Haha.) Where do you find the time to prepare them?

    By Blogger Mumsgather, At 6:34 PM  

  • i like your decoration for the corn..simple yet nice!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 10:11 PM  

  • Hats off to you, supermom. And the bento is beautiful. Love the sunflower corn.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 12:06 PM  

  • Hi GiddyTigers, those are from Cameron Highland but i have seen them at pasar malams too. I usually got mine from the jagung stall at Damansara Perdana down the road from Kimberly's ballet school. They sell regular and sui ching corn.

    Ashley has always love corns as a baby. I think i must have offered them to her along with other choices every now and then and along the road, she pick them up and learn to like them. I normally offer her a non familiar food together with her other favourites to get her to try new food.

    Thanks mumsgather. I wake up everyday at 6am to prepare them. ha ha. Peels the ingredient the day before and either cook , cut or arrange them in the morning

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:06 PM  

  • Thanks RAchel, dear. Heard about your fun at Kangoo Jump ! Love your mama's bentos too!

    Hi 3lilangels. Saw you at facebook bento today. Ha ha. Welcome to the bento world.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:09 PM  

  • yumm... beauty to the eye... should be tasty also ya.. :D

    By Blogger Hannie C, At 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket