allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bento #20

These are the kids' bento of Wednesday. Been having hearings the whole of this week and hasnt time to upload pictures in the morning like usual. Fortunately for the next few weeks, I would have things easy.

Now that the Sunday morning's cooking is done and with Ashley still sleeping (she woke at 3am last night, heaven forbid,and went back to sleep at 5), I am happy to be able to catch up on my emails and blogging.

I cook the whole week's dinner every Saturday or Sunday morning in 2 or 3 dishes and freeze them in batches of 2 or 3 containers each dish. This is because I know I wouldnt have time during the weekday to cook anything more than a stir fry and soup.

This would last the family 4 to 9 fast dinners without much cooking. Sometimes I could comfortably not cook next Saturday.

Contrary to what most people think, freezing food is not such a bad alternative at all. Did some research and most articles claim that it is definitely better than wilting food stored in the fridge over the next 3 days cos more nutrient is lost that way.

We Asian would always prefer fresh food, but beggars can't be choosers, ha ha.

Anyhow, Bento #20

Bento #20 is a simple and quick one.

Photobucket

Boiled weiners cut into slices, and sliced zucchini and tomatoes on the side. Cut the zucchini into floral shapes cos Ashley is inclined to nibble only on the outer layer and discard the inner ones with seeds, while Kimberly would only eat the soft inner part and would want me to peel the zucchini.


Both Kimberly and Ashley have the same food, except that Ashley doesnt like her weiners with cheese inside and Kimberly would not have weiners without cheese inside.



Photobucket

Because I didnt have time to fix bread or onigiri for them, I pack them off to school with pre-pack mini biscuits. I find these useful cos they are not too big that the kids cant finish them. They came in a pack of 8 or so. I got these from that Japanese grocery store at One Utama.

Photobucket


I will post Thurs and Fri's bento after I have loaded them up at photobucket.

Have a great weekend, all !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

3 Comments:

  • Does Ashley like cucumbers and tomatoes? Lucas is at the stage of hating anything green...sigh.

    He's even rejecting his favourite dragon fruit and peaches! I'm making fruit and veggies juices now to make up.

    What do you use for those nice veggie shapes? Maybe that would help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:27 AM  

  • Hi KittyCAt, Ashley loves everything crunchy, like apples, carrots etc.

    The tomatoes is actually an influence from Kimberly. Kimberly was a very healthy baby when she was young, her snacks being strips of asparagus, steamed carrot, steamed potatoes, stripse of fruits etc and Kimberly has always love tomatoes. She also love sourish fruits like strawberry, cherries, peaches , which Ashley dont.

    I would love for AShley to like dragonfruit and peaches like Lucas do though. ha ha

    I got a lot of cookie cutters from www.nst.my. but those metals ones that i use to cut crunchy food are from my bakery stash.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:00 AM  

  • wow! Your bento looks so delicious... I might be having them on my own instead of offering to my girl.. LOL!!

    By Blogger Peridot&Sapphire, At 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket