allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Toddler's Bento # 50

Bento #50 is Ashley's bento.

Ashley's bento is steamed corn and leftover pizza. A girlfriend came over to stay last week for the night as hubby was outstation. Being too lazy to cook and being too lazy to eat out, we ordered pizza instead. I froze some leftovers to stash for future fast meals, so I thought Ashley could have a pizza today for her bento instead.

Photobucket

I steamed the corn yesterday night, thinking to speed things up in the morning. But the colour doesn't look so good this morning. Next time I will just have to deshucked them at night and steam them in the morning instead.

For dessert, I gave Ashley a layered rainbow coloured agar-agar. The kids prefer agar-agar to jelly.

Photobucket

According to Kimberly's school's meal plan for this week, she will be having macaroni and cheese in school. I figure she won't be needing a bento today. I gave her some pretzel for breaktime instead. Since breaktime is at 9.20 am and lunch is at 12.20, I didn't want to stuff her tummy too full, else she will be discarding an almost full tray at the tray counter.

Hubby didn't want a bento today. I think he is rather tired of eating in. ha ha.

So that's the bento for Thursday. Will try to catch up on last week's bento soonest possible.

Have a great week ahead, all !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

12 Comments:

  • I usually deshucked the corn the night before and microwave heat it the next morning. less than 2 mins, much faster than steaming.. sorry I kapo here.

    By Blogger Rachel, At 11:25 PM  

  • Love the colours! I have the same dividers, make the bento so cheerful.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 12:06 AM  

  • oh you had a girls night in! miss those days :-) ya, steam corns looks and taste nicer when it's eaten not too long after steaming...

    By Blogger sting, At 12:10 AM  

  • Rachel's mom, you can never think that you are "kapoh-ing" dearie, your advice is very much appreciated. Never thought of microwaving it, for some reason. 2 min is speedy. thanks for letting me know. Do you cover it with a paper towel?

    Hi Sharon, yea, I love these too !! They are so much more vibrant than those Hello Kitty ones.

    Sting, Ya lor. but the poor dear still finish the corn. I guess she is too young to notice any difference. I will be taking Rachel's mom's advice and stay in steaming it in the morning next time. It's my first time leaving it overnight.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:55 PM  

  • wah put in smiley face chili & strawberries also!!

    so colourful.

    By Blogger mommy of 3 angels, At 9:50 AM  

  • oops...i think i got my comments posted 'terbalik' coz i opened up both at d same time!! am sure u get what i mean anyway!!

    here's for d fried rice...looks so yummy!! 4.90 for d lunch box was indeed a good deal!!

    yr breads r always nicely cut!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:53 AM  

  • Hi I have started to use all my bento thingy but would like to check with you, is those divider thingy.. I think is called baran is it safe to put in the microwave? One thing I hate Japanese products is tat there is no instruction written in English. Haizzz....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:27 AM  

  • I'm so amazed with all your bento creations. Looking at them sure inspires me and makes me want to give it a try...but don't know where to start...LOL!

    By Blogger Oliveoylz, At 4:16 PM  

  • Thanks for not finding me kapo : )

    I don't cover it. Just place a small cup of water next to it when microwaving.

    Rachel's mom

    By Blogger Rachel, At 11:33 PM  

  • Hi, you certainly are a very innovative lady where food is concerned. And all your bentos are superb, outstanding.
    To be honest I never knew much about bentos till coming across your blog.
    Now I know, ha ha.
    You keep well and happy cooking, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 12:56 AM  

  • I think having a hobby like this is rather expensive, don't you think so? We got to get the lunch box, the food picks, the dividers, the molds, the cups and the list can go on. Sometimes I worry that my children would be bored of the same box and divider and I tend to tell myself to get more. Sigh!!!

    Love this bento of yours. Simple but nice and I think my children would love everything in it.

    By Blogger JK, At 1:06 PM  

  • So thoughtful of you to check her school meal plan before planning bento for the week.

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket