allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mushroom Fritters Bento

Friday

I just know that Kimberly is not going to eat that fried noodles and bubur cha cha provided by school for breaktime meal. She doesn't like "brown noodles". My kids like them "white". Even fried meehoon has to be white around here.

So today she has Hello Kitty kamaboko, Pooh Bear imprinted carrots and mushroom fritters for her bento.

Kimberly has always love mushroom fritters, ever since she was a toddler. As for Ashley, I think Ashley is just somewhat influenced by her chieh chieh who always exclaimed loudly, "Mushroom FRitters !! Mah Favourite !!!"

I didn't get a chance to take a picture because yours truly woke up late. I had time to fry mushroom fritters but no time to take pictures..sigh.

But we do have Ashley's bento. Cos I send Ashley to school. That's why I could take my time with the pictures.

Unfortunately, the little one took one look at the Hello Kitty Kamaboko and says, "Yeeeyack !!! Ah doh want dis wan !!" and picked them gingerly out of her bento box slice by slice. I think she didn't like the dark lined eyes and mouths on her food, even if its on a cute Hello Kitty kamaboko face.

Then she proceed to eat all the Pooh Bear imprinted carrots.

I offered her the mushroom fritters, thinking, since she was ploughing through them halfway, might as well finish the whole lot.

But she raised both her hands above her armpit and says, "Pau Pau" , wanting to get down from her high chair. "Ah am full, Momma !" Sigh...that little bit of carrots and she claimed to be full.

Not wanting the fritters to go to waste, I improvise it a bit and send the bento box off to school with her anyhow.

Bento #80


Photobucket

So Ashley's bento for Friday is mushroom fritters sitting on chinese lettuce. MIL usually buy these cos the kids like their fried rice wrapped in lettuce like popiah skins.

I just take advantage of the leaves cos I didn't buy any lettuces.

The colours are actually really really light green, almost chartreusse. But my camera somehow makes it looks dark and wilted.

Anyhow, to replace the carrots, I slid some raw zucchini slices between the fritters.

Photobucket


Add some cherry tomatoes to fill the gaps. Ashley likes these a lot lately. She calls them "moon skirter" (moon squirter) as in Lola and Charlie's VCDs.




She would bite them and ask me, "Did it skirt (squirt) yet, momma?" The silly kid.

Hokay, now to publish this and pack for tommorrow.

We are leaving for FIL's place early in the morning , as in 5 a.m. haha, so as to beat the traffic. It's a long Hari Raya break next week and there is bound to be heavy traffic on the high way. Just coming home tonight from the office took me ages !!! I had to detour here and there a lot just to skip the heaviest traffic.

So, Selamat Hari Raya everyone !!! And drive safe on the road, okay? Better be late and safe than anything else !!

Have a gurrreat week ahead !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • Hi Hi.. the mushroom fritters looked absolutely yummy. Did you just use flour and a little salt for it? or just plain frying? I really must try it.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:55 PM  

  • mushroom fritters! must be very yummy!

    wished i can do that for my girl..*sigh* she doesn't fancy mushroom.

    By Blogger Rachel, At 12:21 PM  

  • i like mushroom fritters too!

    happy holidays to u & family!!

    By Blogger Irene, At 12:03 AM  

  • That reminds me I haven't make mushroom fritter for a long time :p I will probably make that for L's bento too :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 12:41 PM  

  • Can share recipe? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:41 PM  

  • wah...so good 1 whole week holiday! hope everyone enjoy d break! emmm....mushroom fritters ahh, can give a try for a change one day!! aiya...no helo kitty face to show ahh, sayang!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:58 PM  

  • Hi Yozora, I cheated on this one. I use one part flour and slightly less than one part KFC seasoning so that I dont have to shake out salt and pepper. The usual original way of fritters for Kimberly was just flour, salt and pepper. The colour would be lighter with just plain flour without the KFC seasoning.

    Rachel's mom, every picky kid differs. mine wont eat inari or bacon asparagus roll up while yours do. But they eat bacon seperately and asparagus stir fry. haha.

    Hey Irene, happy holiday to you too !

    LZMommy, reading your posts jiggle reminders to me too sometimes on bento food.

    Hey Amy, no recipe leh. haha. just plain flour and KFC flour in equal portion!

    Jaclyn, I think your boys will like it leh. It's slightly crispy on the outer curls.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 2:08 PM  

  • Same as Yang. anything in "black" he will said "oh oh sai! Don't want." Mushroom, sorry lah, he won't eat. I do "envy" u all have time to take bento picture.

    By Blogger Moo Mummy, At 3:24 PM  

  • Alisia, your kids and mine are probably the only weird ones who steadfastly refuse to eat "dark coloured food"

    sigh.sometimes also no time to take pictures leh. Usually Kimberly's bento doesn't get its picture taken cos her transporter was here before I could snap one. But with Ashley's bento I could always make time cos I am the one who send her to school.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket