allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Bento #94

I am catching up on last week's bento post. This is Friday's bento.

Bento #94

Photobucket

This is a pasta bento for Kimberly. I think she wouldn't like the fried mee with minced chicken offered in school that Friday. So I thought I do a pasta for her instead.

Also, she wrote in her diary that " I even know my momma doesn't love me more than she loves Ashley. She even think I don't know".

Isn't that just heartbreaking? So I thought today I let her know that I am thinking of her.

I know, I know, bad momma for reading her diary. I will stop when she is older. But I needed to know for now if she is happy or not.

It takes a lot not to reprimand her everytime she leads her sister into mischief, or rough play that could injure her little sister. And I am so quick to say, "do your homework" whenever I see her watching tv and it's so easy to smile back at Ashley who is constantly beaming up at me.

I don't love Ashley more. I just love them in different ways, that's all. Perhaps I will spend some time with her this weekend and ask her dad to take Ashley off my hands for once.

Anyhow, I put her bento meal in her favourite bento box. The one that had gotten missing before on the day she came home without her bento box. I had thought that I will just keep it for family outings instead since it's her absolute favourite. She has this thing for this Japanese girl's anime group, Love and Berry.

Kimberly's bento is pasta cooked with cheesy sauce. I stir fried some garlic and small slices of chicken, then add the milk and the cheese. Then stir in the pasta to combine.

I thought I put a smile on her face by displaying her name on top of her meal. I made use of the alphabet cutter I got from Chooi Peng. I have been wanting one of these forever but after getting them, hasn't a chance to use them till now.

Photobucket


Even though I packed the pasta meal tightly, I am sure the alphabets are going to go askew in transport. So I added a sheet of anti bacterial sheet over her name to make it stick, so that when she open her bento box, she would still see her name displayed on top.


Photobucket

Jacss asked me about the anti bacterial sheets before. So I have put up a pic of it for you, Jacss . Hope that helps.

Photobucket


I added Kimberly's favourite fruit, kiwi, at the side and fill up the gaps with grapes and cherry tomatoes. I didn't offer her too much pasta cos I know she is a small eater. Both my kids are small eater. I am so pea green over moms with kids who really can pack it in!!! Makes life so much easier when you don't have to constantly worry over their diet.

Ashley ate her pasta for breakfast at home so I didn't pack a bento for her school.

Photobucket

Besides, her teachers and her school's kakak is so pleased with her progress in eating the school's food, I try not to pack bento everyday. Perhaps every other day or so.

I normally cooked the elbow pasta and the shell ones for Kimberly cos she specifically asks for them. I thought I cook the teddy bear shapes for Ashley today (in a different pot)

Kimberly's classmate's mom, Sue has so kindly got these teddy bear shaped pasta for me when she saw them while shopping, knowing that I would definitely like them for my kids' bento meals. haha!

Ashley got up early today. Thanks for the tips, LZmommy and Sue !! She didn't wake up in the middle of the night last night. I woke her up slightly earlier over the last few days and shorten her nap time. I am hoping she will get back to her routine.

Happy bentou-ing, guys !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

20 Comments:

  • Same here with Indy, she thinks I love her sis more. And actually it is just that the younger one needs more of my attention as Maya still have zero sense of danger .
    So some times I take indy with me without Maya, so she can have my full attention.
    I can't imagine If we got 3 kids :)

    By Blogger Unknown, At 9:13 AM  

  • I would have read my kids' diary too, if I know that they have one. :P
    But I guess she is still too young to understand that you love them the same, but one day she will know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:15 AM  

  • wah the bento looks yummy. do u any goddaughter to cook bento for?

    :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:24 AM  

  • it must be real hurting to read that when we know we love them just the same...

    nothing beats seeing their own name on the bento!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 11:38 AM  

  • i bet mine will say the same if he knows how to tell it out. Maybe u can make lotsa heart shape cheese for her bento?

    By Blogger Sasha Tan, At 1:08 PM  

  • oohh, u read her diary secretly. I'm sure I would do the same thing if my son kept a diary later in his life too! Due to the curiousity lor!

    Anyway, if she found out, what would happen? It must have been heart broken to know that she thaught you dont love her as much as you love Ashley. But I'm sure you will do/say something about it to stop her frm thinking so, right?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:28 PM  

  • Kimberly must be very happy to see her name in her favourite bento box! :)

    By Blogger Annie Q, At 3:34 PM  

  • Errr..does that mean the anti bacteria sheets is actually meant for keeping the food in place during transportation? Does it work?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:37 PM  

  • wow...she keeps a diary :|...no worries lah, i'm sure she knows u love her, equally :).

    btw, the bear pasta so cute leh, wonder where to get these.

    thx for the comments on the maid headache things. u are so right ;)

    By Blogger jazzmint, At 10:47 PM  

  • It's always so hard to be seen as loving them equally, especially with your kids' age gap. You must have sensed something that led you to reading Kimberley's diary. And I'm sure you'll be even more sensitive to her feelings now.

    I may be able to 'pack it in' for my girl, but am most envious of the amount of vegies and fruits that Kimberley takes. Small eater or not, she is growing so well and so tall. *_*

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 10:50 AM  

  • that's indeed hurtful to discover that yr little girl thought u don't love her as much as her lil sister....sob!! perhaps u got to be more mindful with yr dealings towards the sisters now that the elder one is much more matured...
    anyway, just by reading what u had done for Kim in yr blog, i just knew u love her to bits....
    btw, thks for remembering to show me d bac sheets. i'm very interested to check this out when i'm in japan....real soon!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:28 PM  

  • so nice of u to do Kimberly's name with the cheese :p

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 4:42 PM  

  • Sandra, I wish I have someone to leave Ashley with too. But MIL always insist that Kimberly stays back if Ashley is home cos she needed Kimberly to help get Ashley's attention if she need to feed or bath Ashley. But I think I will take your cue and try to spend more time with Kimberly nevertheless.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:24 PM  

  • Amy, you would read their diaries too? haha. glad I am not the only one

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:24 PM  

  • Haha. Renaye, nope , no goddaughter, but you can pop by anytime !

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:40 PM  

  • hey, Rachel's mom, yea, sad but what to do. I've been wanting to do her name for a long time but keep putting it off.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:41 PM  

  • Sasha, that's a good idea. And tell her everytime she see hearts in her bento, it means her momma loves her.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 5:42 PM  

  • Leeyen, you would too? read their diary. sure feel better to know I am not the only one.

    Hey Annie, yes, she told me, Momma, you made my name in cheese !! I ate all my name.haha

    Khongfamily, the anti bacterial sheet is an anti bacteria agent, to keep food longer. It is not to keep food in place during transportation. But I was killing 2 birds with one stone.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:13 PM  

  • Jasmine, my friend got it from Mark and Spencer in One Utama. They have them in wheat and whole wheat. only RM9.90 !

    Hey Sharon, thanks for your kind words. And haha. the grass is always greener on the other pasteur isnt it?

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:15 PM  

  • Jacss, which mom dont love her own kids lor?haha. Hey, I found out that Chooi Peng is now bringing in anti bacterial sheets. It's the puppy smile ones. You can get it at her markethall at www.wchpeng.com

    Chinnee, been wanting to do that for sometime. easy peasy with the cutter. haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket