allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Bento #82

I have enjoyed sleeping in the last whole week, not needing to get up at 6 am to get Kimberly ready for school. Had a hard time lifting my eyelid open Monday morning.

It had been bliss, the last whole week. Doing nothing much but visiting, eating, taking the kids out and about. I was supposed to spend the whole of last week doing revision with Kimberly for her exam. But we ended up going visiting Muslim's friends over Hari Raya, going to Genting, making a trip to the zoo, and going for a boat ride at The Mines.

I dare not attempt a kawaii bento on a schoolday and on a working day in want of time. So for a lazy Monday morning, this is a simple toddler's bento.

Monday's bento

Photobucket

I was suprised to see the grocer down the road still selling fresh dates now that the Raya is almost over. I knew those skins were tougher than apple skins but I thought it makes a handy fruit to pack for hubby's bento anyhow.

With the sparse pantry and fridge, not having gone for grocery shopping the last whole week, I had to pack this for Ashley's bento. Good thing she usually just nibble around it and discard the skin.

Photobucket

At the back of the fresh red dates are some home bake buns with sesame toppings. I usually use the bread machine for the dough. These are soft only on the first day cos I dont use bread improver. But that's fine cos we normally finish the whole loaf in 2 days. For hubby and my breakfast, for the kids bento and for the kids' supper.

For protein, Ashley has baby shark fritters, one of her favourites. I have an easy mind packing this for her bento meal cos I know she is going to finish them.

Now to upload today's bento on flickrs. Ashley didn't go to school yesterday because she was having a bad bout of eczema. I thought I keep her at home so as not to aggravate any further bleeding cos she would scratch herself raw if I don't stop her (ie. if I don't scratch for her)

Sigh.. sometimes I spend a whole night just doing this and applying moisturiser on her so that she could sleep.

Anyhow, have a great day today, all ! Will see if I can post today's bento by today.

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

2 Comments:

  • Holy Molly! Help me to buy the red dates please. How come i don't see ppl selling the red dates.

    By Blogger Unknown, At 2:18 PM  

  • haha. can! Will drop by on the way to Kimberly's ballet and pick a box up for you!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket