allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

bento #85 and bento #86

Friday's bento meal is merely pasta with weiners and tomatoes.

Friday's bento is a speedy one because I had needed to drop Ashley off to school as early as I can and get some work done in peace in that 4 hours' time before it's time to pick up both kids. MIL couldn't come down this week and I have scarce time to prepare for the trial coming up on Monday and Tuesday.

Bento #85

Photobucket

The pasta was cooked the night before and the cheese sauce cooked and combined in the morning.

Boiled some weiners while I got the kids ready for school. Didn't have time to use any of my bento accessories, so I only cut the weiners into bite size.

I thought to add some extra calcium in there for Ashley's benefit, being a non formula-milk drinker. So cut out some teddy bears to adorn the otherwise lame looking pasta.

Photobucket

Both kids get the same bento meal to make their momma's life easier.

Photobucket

Ashley took hers on the ride out to school. I was told that she took a hearty lunch in school as well when I picked her up later that afternoon from school. Apparently, the school's kakak cook a mean long life noodle with ABC soup and ikan bilis stock.

So, I only packed a lunch for Kimberly.

I took both kids to the office with me on Friday cos I had needed to work late.

This is Kimberly's bento lunch.

Bento #86

Photobucket

Packed her some homecooked fried meehoon. Have I ever mentioned that my kids like their noodles white? They don't ever take kon low mee or char kuew teow, or any noodles brown or dark in colours. Hence I always have to cook noodles at home for them. Wouldn't it be so convenient to buy hawker stall noodles and just pack them in instead. That would save me a lot of work.

Anyhow, the noodle was fried with ginger, garlic, carrot and prawn. The brocolli was blanched with salt water.

Decide to dress up the plain bento meal with a carrot face, and a brocolli ponytails with red pepper and yellow pepper ribbons.

Photobucket

Packed some rolled turkey slices on the side for her as well. And some more brocolli and carrots on the other side.

If you ask me, I rather have my meals plain, like so ....

Photobucket

..... without a face staring up at me.

But I suppose kids find them fascinating, cos Ashley leaned over to study the carrot face and plucked it out of her chieh chieh's bento box to eat it. Lucky thing her chieh chieh didn't mind and found her amusing.

This is Ashley's snack in accompaniment to her chieh chieh's lunch. Some protein in chicken nuggets, and some grapes and sliced zuccini for fruit and vege.

Photobucket

She already had bits of brocolli and carrots while I was packing for Kimberly so I don't think she would want a second helping of the same stuff. She also snitched most of the prawns I cooked for Kimberly while I was packing the bento.

Needless to say, her snack didn't hold much interest for her on the drive out cos she was already full.

So that's last week's trial. I mean, bento. What am I saying? Haha.

Will post up Monday's bento after Tuesday, cos after Tuesday, I would have some breathing space. Heck, I don't know how my mom and my gran cope with 8 kids respectively !!! I can hardly manage my time with just 2 kids.

Have a great week ahead, all, and happy bentou-ing !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

13 Comments:

  • Managing 8 kids? I don't think I can do that in my life. LOL!
    BTW, may I know where did you get that Disney Princess lunch box? I haven't seen one as pretty as that here...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:08 PM  

  • I admire you for being able to juggle work and your kids at the same time. I don't think I can handle as well as you :)

    Kimberly exams over? Wish her all the best for the exams :) Btw, I yet to receive you addy to send you the items. You can send the addy to my old email :) I can finally receive email from that mail box :)

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 2:12 PM  

  • our grandma's days don't have such thing as 'bento' yet ma...haha
    woman, u sounded like yr life is so hectic...on d road sending & fetching up kids, work in office but u still care to serve them home-cooked meal....oths could hv just pack chicken rice/noodle to safe all d hassle!! great mama u have...girls!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:14 PM  

  • Great looking bentos. It doesn't make you look like a busy career mom (a compliment). Like the way you make use of the silicon cups and manipulate them to fit the boxes.

    Nowadays, looking after kids are so much harder. Back then, there are extended families and kids are freer to roam with the older kids watching out for the younger ones. So your two now is totally equivalent to the eight then.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 2:21 PM  

  • like the face carrot..cute!

    By Blogger Rachel, At 4:26 PM  

  • last time people stay in kampung and they have so many friends to play with so they don't bug the mommies so much... now all locked up in the house, of course they bising into our ears... hehehe

    Must learn how to cook this cheese sauce from you... I'm cacat when it comes to cook 'cheese' sauce... lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:07 AM  

  • So cute--I like the tomato stems.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:42 AM  

  • Hey Shoppingmom, I don't think I can manage more than 2 kids either. haha. I got that Disney Princess lunch box from ebay. Just goggle "ebay bento" and then you just choose whatever you want.

    Hi LZmommy. To be honest, I can't really juggle work and kids so well. I just made do with whatever I could. Sigh, the exam ! I am dreading the result cos I didn't go through much with her due to heavy trials n hearing last few weeks. I am hoping for the best too. haha.

    Hi, Jacss!I wish I could just pack noodle to safe all d hassle too. haha. But I do buy chicken rice for their lunch sometimes.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:27 PM  

  • Thanks 3lilangels. Silicon cups are so useful, aren't they? True, kids back then had aunties and uncles and grandma to help watch out for them. Now there's only us and then. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

    Hey Rachel, As I said, kids likes them food faces. haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:30 PM  

  • Hi Angeleyes, yea lor. Last time we have so much freedom on the road. Now our kids are all locked up, poor dears.

    The cheese sauce is really easy. Just fry some garlic and some chicken pieces or bacon, then add milk and cheese and stir in pasta to combine.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:31 PM  

  • Hey, Asianmommy, do you know that you can get them tomato stems from ebay? Just goggle "ebay bento" then look for foodpicks !

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 10:32 PM  

  • Wkeekekek....My boys love their noodles brown.

    If they see it white..they'd be like,'Mu-um, where's the sauce???"

    WAKAKAKAKAAKAKAK...yes, they LOVE hawker food. But it's expensive here...so Mu-um makes it. I'd have no problems bringing them out with me, when i return to Kl for the hols.

    Oh..how I miss it! The food, I mean.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:36 PM  

  • Mott, never thought I see the day when our Mott dish up homecook food for her 3 boys !!! You have came a long way from the Mott we knew, my friend ! Must be all that being stranded in gwai loh country without hawker fares that drives you yea? hee..hee

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket