allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hello Kitty Overloaded Bento

Came back from court early today and thought I catch up on my backlog bento posts. The Shah Alam High Court is really quiet nowadays with the shifting of the lower courts to another building. But parking is a breeze now.

Ashley did not go to school on Monday. Since MIL is here, I figure she could stay at home instead, cos with her sorethroat and her flu, she will be more comfortable at home. MIL came over on Sunday. Phew...just in time.

Kimberly had asked for a Hello Kitty sandwich Sunday night. I showed her Pooh Bear cutter, and asked, "How about Pooh Bear"

"I don't like Pooh Bear"

Showed her My Melody cutters.

"Nope, I like Hello Kitty better"

Showed her the whole box!

She glanced at them, then she said, "I think I still like Hello Kitty"

Sigh.....I think I better sell off all my other cutters.

Okay, so the bento meals these few weeks is Hello Kitty overloaded ! And here's another Hello Kitty sandwich bento meal.

Bento #87

They are all cheese sandwiches. The cheese is the only protein in there. Used the bigger Hello Kitty cutter for the bigger sandwich, and use the smaller Hello Kitty cutters for the leftover bread around the edges. The bread were just about utilised very nicely. Not much leftovers. The cheese, too. Not much leftovers there.

Photobucket

I tried to colour the features in with a food writer. However, because of the texture of the bread, the colours couldn't stick very well. But at least some colours got in. Didn't have time to cut out real food for the features, cos real food would have gone together better. But not that day.

Photobucket

The steamed carrots were imprint with Hello Kitty faces.

The apple slices were in Hello Kitty shapes as well. But too many Hello Kitty faces staring up, so I slid them sideways. Add some tomatoes for fruits.

Now to go get myself something to cure this persistent sore throat of mine. If there's one thing I dislike, it's sore throat. I have been known to have sorethroat so bad I lost my voice, ever since I was a kid. This persist throughout my life, at least twice a year. Twice I even had to ask for an adjournment for a trial because my voice box was broken.

I can't scold the kids, I can't get things going. It's rather annoying, actually. I don't even yell at the kids so much that I get my voice box broken. It is just me.

Hope it gets better by tommorrow. And when it does, you bet the kids (in particular, Kimberly, I may note), for all their disobedience, these last few days in taking advantage of the situation, get to hear me roar !! haha !

Have a great day today, all !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

9 Comments:

  • My gal is also into Hello Kitty lately but I haven't fixed her anything with the kitty. I don't have the cutters and the one I got from Sanrio is like a stencil, and I need to use a knife to trace on it. So troublesome!
    Take care on your sore throat, more leong sui maybe?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:24 AM  

  • Hi Allthingspurple, re your sore throat, go to a Chinese medicine store, buy a packet of that herbal tea called, "Hor Yan Hor", (made in Ipoh), its good for coughs, colds, fevers as well just to make you feel good....then also drink Chinese Green tea....you'll be fine.

    If the sore throat still continues, better go see a doctor....
    You keep well and have a nice day, best regards, Lee.

    By Blogger  Lee, At 11:47 AM  

  • Beautiful HK face bread!!

    Hope u get well soon.

    By Blogger Rachel, At 2:24 PM  

  • Hello Kitty overloaded. haha. very nice.

    for the sore throat, have u tried gargling with salt water?

    By Blogger Irene, At 6:39 PM  

  • My girl simply loves this bento. For her, the more Kitties the better.

    Hope you get your roar back soon.

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 8:52 PM  

  • Oh, sore throat is bad. I'm like you, always getting sore throats. You got to sleep early, sleep more, I think. Your title is so cute.

    By Blogger JK, At 9:07 AM  

  • Yeah.. My girl likes HK too :)

    Hope you are feeling better now...

    By Blogger LZmommy, At 10:07 AM  

  • I don't hv any reasons to get HK yet...heehee

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 10:21 AM  

  • Take more vit C, hope u get well soon.

    BTW,really want to sell the others? I book first!! haha...

    By Blogger Moo Mummy, At 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket