allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Toddler's Prawn Fritters Bento

Bento #90

I was so tired being up most of the whole night last week carrying a fretty feverish toddler and mopping up vomit spills, changing bed sheets and duvets, that I couldn't get much sleep. It was pretty bad. Ashley threw up like 3 times a night.

So I thought I sleep in instead of packing bento meals for hubby or Kimberly. So there isn't any bento last Thursday and Friday.

Ashley's fever last a whole week ! And feverishly high too, at that!

I was running through all the possibilities in my mind, dengue? Went to google up on dengue. But how come the fever didn't receed? She hasn't any appetite over the week and she throw up until there was nothing to throw up but pleghm. Finally breath a sigh of relief when her fever went off on Friday evening. She had missed a whole week's school. Not that I expect her to learn a lot in school, but I was concerned that she might not want to go back after one week.

Come Monday morning, Ashley woke up cheerful and sunny, and told me, "Momma ! Tie my hair, I want to go to school!" Phew !!

Back to bento packing on Monday!

This is Ashley's bento.

It's prawn fritters with 2 riceballs and cherry tomatoes. I mixed the riceballs with egg furikake before shaping them.

Photobucket

Ashley's teachers has informed me in no uncertain term that I need not pack her any meals anymore, since she is now minded to join her classmates in eating breaktime food and lunch.

But I guess I would still pack for her every now and then. Out of habit and routine, for one thing, but also because if I can, I still rather she eat some protein and fruits for break than biscuits.

Photobucket

I had wanted to pack her fruits instead of rice balls, but because I didn't plan her bento meal the day before, I didn't relish digging through the vegetable compartments for fruits. With the rice already cooked that morning, I figure I take advantage of it.

Finally I am more or less up to date with bento posts. Haha.

Happy bentou-ing, folks !

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

10 Comments:

  • Glad to hear that she has fully recovered.
    Some schools prefer parents not to pack food, the montessori my boy went 2 years before will not allow other food that the meals prepared at school. But if you can do so, it's great to pack food for her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:08 PM  

  • Hi, Amy, her school is a good school. They try to cater to picky eater and ease them in. They also cater to different needs and request, as in cloth diapered kids etc (as in when Ashley first join the school in that first month. Now she is diaperless, lar) Ashley is always greeted with cheerfully contagious smiles from the teachers and buzzes of happy noises whenever she step into school.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:17 PM  

  • Christene, so glad to hear that she has recovered. It must be very tiring for you. Take a rest. My children's kindy serves only biscuits, bread and cakes for snack.

    By Blogger JK, At 11:00 PM  

  • Glad to hear that Ash is back to health. I know it must have been tiring for you!

    Btw, don't serve her those fried food so soon after her recovery as these are heaty... :P old wive tales! hahahaha My mom would tell me that all the time!

    By Blogger Angeleyes, At 4:48 AM  

  • thk god it's all over & u can breathe a sigh of relief when all lil Ashley missed was going to school...haha

    eh, the prawn fritters looked so fresh & nicely done!! any particular flour that u used??

    By Blogger Jacss, At 9:28 AM  

  • Thanks for suggesting in 3lilangels blog that I check with Chooi Peng. Have check with her. Shipping to Singapore is around RM35.

    By Blogger icfamily5, At 12:04 PM  

  • My son is prohibited to go back to schook for two weeks because of chicken pox :) I have the same worry that if he will kick a fuss to go back next Tuesday! Glad that Ashley has recovered.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:42 PM  

  • Thanks Jo-N, it is always exhausting when the kids fall sick, isn't it? cos the mother don't get to sleep for the worries of it all.

    Jacss. haha. ya lor !! what a relief ! Finally some sleep ! haha ! I dont use any particular self raising flour. Just whatever I have, This one is the regular one you see on the shelves, in a white box. Will try to check the pantry when I get home and let u know

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:03 PM  

  • Hi ICfamily5, glad u got your stuff after all. Shopping for bento items is so addictive, isn't it? All those little items for little people that we absolutely had to have. haha.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:04 PM  

  • Hi Leeyen, yes, it is, isn't it? Too long a break and you need to ease them into a routine again. HOpe your little one is gettng better now.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket