Wednesday, December 26, 2007
The Cartoon Tag !
Sounds fun ! And easy.. hee hee.. I have a few outstanding tags but will do this easy one first over the others…
Intro to the tag :
Everyone has a personality of a cartoon character. Have you ever asked yourself what cartoon character do you most resemble? A group of investigators got together and analyzed the personalities of well known and modern cartoon characters. The information that was gathered was made into this test.
Rules of the game :
Answer the lists of questions (only 10) with what describes you best, add up all your Points (which are next to the answer that you choose) at the end and look for your results. Do not cheat by looking at the answers at end before you are done. Then ask your Friends to answer it. (Make sure to Highlight your answers)
Okay, here goes :
1. Which one of the following describes the perfect date?
a) Candlelight dinner (4 pts.)
b) Fun/Theme Park (2 pts.)
c) Painting in the park (5 pts.)
d) Rock concert (1 pt.)
e) Going to the movies (3 pts.)
2. What is your favorite type of music?
a) Rock and Roll (2 pts.)
b) Alternative (1 pt.)
c) Soft Rock (4 pts.)
d) Country (5 pts.)
e) Pop (3 pts.)
3. What type of movies do you prefer?
a) Comedy (2 pts.)
b) Horror (1 pt.)
c) Musical (3 pts.)
d) Romance (4 pts.)
e) Documentary (5 pts.)
4.Which one of these occupations would you choose if you only could choose one of these?
a) Waiter (4 pts.)
b) Professional Sports Player (5 pts.)
c) Teacher (3 pts.)
d) Police (2 pts.)
e) Cashier (1 pt)
5. What do you do with your spare time?
a) Exercise (5 pts.)
b) Read (4 pts.)
c) Watch television (2 pts.)
d) Listen to music (1pt.)
e) Sleep (3 pts.)
6. Which one of the following colors do you like best?
a) Yellow (1 pt.)
b) White (5 pts.)
c) Sky Blue (3 pts.)
d) Dark Blue (2 pts.)
e) Red (4 pts.)
7. What do you prefer to eat?
a) Snow (3 pts.)
b) Pizza (2 pts.)
c) Sushi (1 pt.)
d) Pasta (4 pts.)
e) Salad (5 pts.)
8. What is your favorite holiday? * which else??? Ha! Ha! I just can't imagine anyone who would love any other holiday than Christmas !!*
a) Halloween (1 pt.)
b) Christmas (3 pts.)
c) New Year (2 pts.)
d) Valentine's Day (4 pts.)
e) Thanksgiving (5 pts.)
9. If you could go to one of these places which one would it be?
a) Paris (4 pts)
b) Spain (5 pts)
c) Las Vegas (1 pt)
d) Hawaii (4 pts)
e) Hollywood (3pts.)
10. With which of the following would you prefer to spend time with?
a) Someone smart (5 pts.)
b) Someone attractive (2 pts.)
c) Someone who likes to Party (1 pt.)
d) Someone who always has fun (3 pts.)
e) Someone very sentimental (4 pts.)
Now add up your points and find out the answer you have been waiting for!Put your character in the subject line and forward to your friends and back to the person that sent this to you. This here below is a list of cartoon characters. Very interesting to see 'who' your friends are!
* (10-16 points) You are Garfield :You are very comfortable, easy going, and you definitely know how tohave fun but sometimes you take it to an extreme. You always know whatyou are doing and you are always in control of your life. Others maynot see things as you do, but that doesn't mean that you always have to do what is right. Try to remember, your happy spirit may hurt you or others.
* (17-23 points) You are Snoopy:You are fun, you are very cool and popular. You always know what's in and you are never are out of style You are good at knowing how to satisfy everyone else. You have probably disappeared for a few days more than once but you always come home with the family values that you learned Being married and having children are important to you, butonly after you have had your share of fun times
* (24-28 points) You are Elmo:You have lots of friends and you are also popular, always willing to give advice and help out a person in need. You are very optimistic and you always see the bright side of things. Some good advice: try not to be too much of a dreamer. Dreaming too big could cause many conflicts inyour life.
* (29-35 points) You are Sponge Bob Square Pants: You are the classic person that everyone loves. You are the best friend that anyone could ever have and never wants to lose. You never cause harm to anyone and they would never not understand your feelings. Life is a journey, it's funny and calm for the most part. Stay away from traitors and jealous people, and you will be stress free.
* (36-43 points) You are Charlie Brown: You are tender, you fall in love quickly but you are also very serious about all relationships. You are a family person. You call your Mom every Sunday. You have many friends and may occasionally forget a few Birthdays. Don't let your passion confuse you with reality.
* (44-50 points) You are Dexter:You are smart and definitely a thinker ... Every situation is fronted with a plan. You have a brilliant mind. You demonstrate very strong family principles. You maintain a stable routine but never ignore a bad situation when it comes.
* Try to do less over thinking every once in a while to spice things up a bit with spontaneity. Now don't spoil it! Have some Fun!! (I think this can be translated to mean, dont fret if the sentences in my posts are not grammatically correct . ha! ha! )
Results: My Total Points is 36.
Its Charlie Brown. Strange,I thought I would be a spongebob, cos like most people. I cant imagine anyone who wants to spend time with “someone smart” or “someone sentimental”, and I cant imagine anyone who prefers musical , romance or documentary over comedies, etc. And what a diversity of questions. I half expect to see questions like "Q : Which type of car would you prefer ?" complete with a list of safest cars .
Passing over this tag and lets see if we get anything other than sponge bobs and Charlie Browns.
Bernard, the surgeon.
5xmom, one of the most exemplary mom I know
the suzette, the high flyer
New Parent * New Parent has such an interesting way of posting tags that I just love to see another one from him!"
Wuching, the one with collectibles
Monday, December 10, 2007
Itti Bitti diapers - how trim can you get?
Well, I have been trying out all the brands known to be trim,but none make the marks. This one takes home the trophy. It really is the trimmest dipes around. The name even denote it. Itti Bitti. Now how tiny can you get?
They have really pretty prints too. I have more than these cos I got myself enough for 2 days' usage (well, almost, naptime and long rides excluded). The rest is in laundry so I didnt bother taking pictures of them. Oh, I am bound to get this question so I will answer them now. I got them from this online Aussie store called Itti Bitti
See how trim they are ?
See how pretty the tiny details on the prints are?
I can even dress Ashley in these under Ashley's denim pants. They dont take up the bulk in her bum area. And the tight is high which means she has tight freedom. I have measured them against disposable diapers and found them to be even trimmer than disposable.
Okay, I dont like the feeling of itchy scratchy tissue (which is what disposables are made of, tissue, papers and plastic) against my little one anymore than she does now. She is all for cloth now. If I put disposables on her, she gets uncomfortable and scratches herself. Thats how comfortable cloth diapers are.
The bitti boo plush minky ones has two snap in inserts like these.
The classic ones are like these
They also have PUL snap in AIO but mine is in the laundry.
I have been wanting to post about these trim Itti Bitti's since June when I found them but with one thing and another, I keep putting it off. When I finally have some time, I lost my camera and when I found it, I cant locate the cable. And so this post is put up after I got a card reader for the camera. Whew.. and now I can also finally take some new pictures of my kids. Havent taken pictures of the kids for quite awhile too.
I have some old pictures of Ashley in Itti Bitti diapers but the good ones of hers are taken with her lying down. And I have a "thing" about posting pictures of my kids lying down, ( I think most Asian moms will agree with me) so I will not put them up here.
I measured the Itti Bitti diapers against swaddlebees (I read somewhere that it is one of the trimmest diapers around). See the huge difference in the crotch width?
I put Itti Bitti on Ashley nowadays if we dress her in pants. I used to avoid dressing babies in pants because of diapers. But now its such a pleasure to be able to dig out Kimberly's cute little suede, velvet, cotton and denim pants out for Ashley.
A friend who later went on to set up an online store, bought 16 of these right after I told her how good it was.haha, so trust me, this is really itti bitti !!
Friday, December 07, 2007
tAG - 5 things
Now to get the easy tags out of the way first..
The rule to the game :
a)provide 5 answers to each questions
b) then tag 5 person.
5 things in my room :
1. TV, DVD player, CCTV to monitor maid from upstair (since the maids are usually so incompetent, I end up minding the kid myself while they chat to the maids next door in the kitchen or out on the porch)
2. Build in wardrobe
3. Bed and another spare bed for Kimberly at the far corner for when she is minded to sleep in my room
4. Ashley's crib (unused most of the time. I used it to keep Ashley in , out of mischief, while I take my shower)
5. Like Sandra, a mini fridge. (Since i end up minding my own kids in view of incompetent maids, I am not inclined to climb up and down the stairs to get to the fridge. It usually have a half drank carton of juice leftover from lunch which I usually will give the kids later in during dinner to go with their meals. But mostly its to store Kimberly's favourite stuff like luxury chocolates and stuff)
5 things I’ve always wanted to do :
1. Travel around the world with my 2 kids and hubby
2. Be a cook
3. Live in a great huge mansion with a pool for my kids. But first DH has got to make the money !
4. Gee... what else..... kiv this till I remember what I wanted to do MOST !
5 things in my bag :
There are more than 5 but I shall only list the 5 most essential ones
2. mobile phone
3. one emergency pack of chips to keep Ashley from fretting when I am driving, yeasssshhh... junk food *embarassed laugh*
4. a mini 2 oz bottle of foam wash to foam up greasy hands
5. cloth wipes in wipe bag or wipe container to wipe foam wash off
* I got a friend to get this foam wash for me but I think she doesnt want her name to be disclosed so I shall not name her here, but I keep telling her this is so so so useful for greasy little hands*
* I put up these pictures because I think some moms with kids may be interested to know where to get the stuff from. The funky cow print container I got from Brenda of BabySashaNmom
The mini wetbags for cloth wipes you can get from Zurin or Sandra but I got that particular one from Zurin.
Wipes you can get from all of them but the cow print wipes are from BabySoftLandings and the swaddlebees and white velour are from Sandra. So those who love wipes can check out their sites.
Now to move on :
Hokay... 5 things in my wallet :
1. credit cards
2. shopping cards
3. some cash
4. scraps of receipts
5. name cards
5 things I'm currently into :
1. getting Kimberly's preparation for party ready.. not much... just the cake, check around to see if I wanted to top up on Kidsport's party pack, calling up her classmates' mums etc
2. getting Kimberly's preparation for school ready.. school fees, school books... talk to the Registrar over some request etc
3. checking out some new wool stuff for Ashley, wool blankies, wool longies, skirties etc
4. current project of getting all the untouched toys into rotation boxes to store in the maid's room
5. getting my workload out of the way
Okay... not exactly what you want to hear, adventurous stuff like scaling the Mount Everest, white water rafting etc but maybe when the kids a little bit older...ha ha....and once I get over my fear of heights..
Now to tag five !!!
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Diapers again? Not exactly, its diaper cover this time.....
This is the one that Ashley got !! Pink with grey ruffles. The pink is actually more pleasant to the eye than in the picture. When i get a card reader, i will put up a picture of it here. Meanwhile... wool lovers... feast your eyes on these !!!
These really are the prettiest ones around that I could find, Llamajama excluded. Llamajama has also very pretty prints for baby girls. But Ashley has outgrown her Llamajama. When I get the size 3T AND the card reader, will put up a pic here.
Ashley sometimes wear fitted diapers at night now. And when she does, I don't bother changing her into PUL diapers anymore. I just pull over this shorties or her Llamajama longies over the diapers. Those wool covers are so soft and luxurious to the touch !!
On long road trips, the wool shorties and the wool longies are the first thing I grab to dress her in. They are so soft and comfortable. My heart just feel so good knowing that she is feeling comfortable. We use them every single time we go on long drives
Some may think that its a lot of trouble lanolizing the wool.
It means to wash the wool cover with lanolin rich foam wash or lanolin rich soap cos lanolin has resistance to odor and rash causing bacteria, and if you lanolize your covers, your covers doesn’t need to be washed every time it gets wet! You dont have to worry about getting woolcare in Malaysia either,cos Mia Bambina has them. I just saw it on her site yesterday. Asked Sandra about it and she said she just put it up yesterday.
I used to have to get my brother who live in Perth to bring it down to me to save shipping cost, OR pay for shipping costs of the wool care products. Can be hefty, cos they are heavy !
Diaper addicts really should try them !
And ...0h yea.. while I was getting those wool shorties the last time. I also got myself these mamapads ...
Got to steal another picture from their site...till I get my card reader and put up my own stash here. I got the bamboo pads one each in every colour !!! Those rainbow colours are so pleasing to the eyes !!
Anyhow...the colours are so so pretty that I just had to have one in every colour..okay, except the dark bluish colour, which I didnt fancy
And they are really luxurious to the touch too !! I never knew that practising natural living could be so much fun...hee... hee